Profile for Alex Chan > Reviews

Neo G MEDICAL GRADE ANKLE SUPPORT with free figure of 8 strap
Neo G MEDICAL GRADE ANKLE SUPPORT with free figure of 8 strap
Offered by Online Sports Support Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but chunky, 24 July 2014
Good product. Bought to aid recovery from a sprained ankle after reading reviews for this and similar products. Provides really good support for you ankle, whilst still being flexible enough to allow for a good range of movement. Very easy to put on, and comfortable to wear around the house. As other reviewers have noted, I too found it very hard to fit my supported ankle inside shoes, and when I did I found I developed mild blistering on my heel from the edge of the material rubbing. In the end, I used this when I could around the house and in bed, and then used tape while out and about.

Sport Direct(TM) Bicycle Bike 0.5W MegaBeamTM LED Light Set 3 Diode LED Front Lamp & 3 Diode Rear CE Approved

4.0 out of 5 stars Good powerful bike lights, 29 April 2014
I was very happy with these bike lights, being very bright and clearly visible to other traffic. I have had no issues with the mountings. The only reason I have knocked a star off of my review is that after going over a relatively small bump in the road, the 2 halves of the rear light broke apart, leaving the black part still attached to the mounting, and the light itself on the road. The battery was lost, and the 2 plastic halves no longer stay together without gaffer tape.

I would still recommend these lights, but be careful going over speed bumps/pot holes/kerbs!

Long Valve Road Inner Tube 700 x 18-25c Presta 62mm (for deep rims)
Long Valve Road Inner Tube 700 x 18-25c Presta 62mm (for deep rims)
Offered by InnerTubeShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 12 Mar. 2014
Having been let down by online (dedicated bike) shops, I was very happy to find some cheap(ish) tubes with a long enough valve to fit my moderately deep rims.

Good product.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 12 Mar. 2014
I'd heard great things about this book over the years, but somehow had never got around to picking it up. Honestly, in the end I only bought a copy after a recommendation from a girl I wanted to get to know better. It didn't go to plan with the girl, but I in no way regret reading this. From cover to cover I was enthralled. Haddon chose an incredibly difficult perspective to write from, but absolutely nailed it. I have long been a big fan of Douglas Adams, most notably for the digressive style of plot evolution, and this is something Haddon does to perfection in this book. Despite the constant digressions and distractions, its easy to form a bond with the characters, and the pace never feels too slow.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

Ernie Ball Super Slinky Bass Strings
Ernie Ball Super Slinky Bass Strings
Offered by EESMusic

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for slap, probably more too!, 31 Jan. 2014
Great strings. I am far from being an expert when it comes to the bass, but compared to my last set of strings, these give a much cleaner sound, and brighter 'pop'. Slap bass sounds awesome.

Pair of gold electric guitar humbucker pickup screws and springs
Pair of gold electric guitar humbucker pickup screws and springs
Offered by Black Dog Music Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 31 Jan. 2014
Great price for a product which is as described and does the job. The gold colour is vivid and adds a little extra wow-factor to my home-built guitar.

Authentic RDX Cow Hide Leather Gel Tech MMA UFC Grappling Gloves Fight Boxing
Authentic RDX Cow Hide Leather Gel Tech MMA UFC Grappling Gloves Fight Boxing
Offered by B2Fitness

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Pair of Gloves, 9 Dec. 2013
These are the second pair of gloves I have owned from RDX and I am very happy with them. The other gloves were from a different, cheaper line but I now wish I had gone straight for these. The padding is vastly superior, offering much better protection to my knuckles. The fully open palm allows breathe-ability, and the wrist straps are quick and easy to use while still maintaining good support. The outer fabric on the previous gloves started wearing after just a few sessions, but the leather on these holds up much better.

All in all I am happy with these gloves and would recommend them.

(one note - I have fairly small hands, and the mediums are a good, snug fit for me, so be careful with the size when ordering!)

In Rolling Waves
In Rolling Waves

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Solid Album, 15 Nov. 2013
This review is from: In Rolling Waves (Audio CD)
It's the first album by the Naked and Famous that I've tried, and I enjoyed listening to it. I do however feel that they front-loaded it slightly, with all of the biggest and best sounding tracks packed into the first half of the album. A Stillness, Hearts Like Ours and Rolling Waves are the stand-out tracks for me.