Profile for Reviewer > Reviews

Content by Reviewer

Reviewer "Rev" (United Kingdom)

Skagen Women's 585XSTXM Swiss Collection Gray Titanium  Watch
Skagen Women's 585XSTXM Swiss Collection Gray Titanium Watch
Price: 229.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but really disappointed I can't wear it!, 11 Aug 2012
This watch is lovely, just what I wanted. However, it doesn't fit my wrist. It doesn't have usual mesh strap (which I managed to damage on my current Skagen watch), it has titanium links. I contacted Amazon today because the instruction manual is different to the watch. It gives instructions to the mesh watches. So, it does not give the correct directions on how to adjust the band. I have asked Amazon to help me and they gave me a number to call. This number no longer exists! I have spent the last 2hours online trying to find out if I can adjust the strap myself or if I have to go to a jewellers. Dilemma: do I keep trying to find instructions, wait until monday to call a different number, or do I stop wasting time and send it back? Not happy at all!!

Wilkinson Sword Intuition Plus Hydrasoft Razor Blades 3 Pack
Wilkinson Sword Intuition Plus Hydrasoft Razor Blades 3 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars The same, but much cheaper., 4 Sep 2010
I have tried the Hydrasoft and the sensitive ones in these blades. They last for 3-4 shaves of my legs; do a really good job and save on buying foam. However, I must admit, the blades are sharp and not 'wired' protectively like the other Wilkinson sword blades, so I don't shave under my arms or even think about bikini!

These blades are exactly the same as they sell in the chemist shops. However, they are much cheaper. Also, they sold directly by Amazon, so there is not the worry about buying from a 3rd party through Amazon.

Science Chatterbox Years 5/6
Science Chatterbox Years 5/6
by Christopher Jones
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars A great resource, 9 Mar 2010
This is a great resource to use in class. It'll serve as a fun curricular crossover, a lesson starter, or for reinforcement/revision lessons.

I saw this at the Education Show last year and thought what a great idea, I'll make my own! I got home and spent hours designing the template (it's extremely difficult to get them to fold properly). Then I went into the subject matter and decided on some questions/answers. Then I tried to fit them into the little triangles. Oh boy. I gave up!

I then saw someone using them in the classroom with great success. I knew I should have bought them. I went to the Education Show and bought both the 3/4 and the 5/6 books (I'm teaching KS1 at the moment - they'll come in!). I'm also excited at the prospect of the KS1 maths book coming out in December.

Jacob (Nightwalkers)
Jacob (Nightwalkers)
by Jacquelyn Frank
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed I discovered Jacquelyn Frank so early, 19 Feb 2007
I really really enjoyed this book. I just could not put it down. I completely agree with the previous reviewer; the book is of the same ilk as early Feehan books and Sherrilyn Kenyon books. The characters are all likeable and have been established right from the start - its just a case of whose story will come first. I'm really disappointed that I have discovered this author on her first book and now have to wait ages for future books to come along (I also noticed that UK Amazon have started having later release dates than US Amazon ones - Come on Amazon, don't make us brits wait!!).

Crazy Hot
Crazy Hot
by Tara Janzen
Price: 5.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy Hot Hot Hot, 30 Nov 2006
This review is from: Crazy Hot (Mass Market Paperback)
I fell on this book by accident and was very pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed reading the whole set of the Crazy books. I have just finished reading them for a second time having just received the latest book; Crazy Sweet. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT read these books out of order (order being Hot, Cool, Wild, Kisses, Love and Sweet), there is a continuity in them that really benefits from reading them in order. Things such as the introduction of Christian Hawkins (Superman - story in Crazy Cool) and Kid and Nikki (Crazy Kisses) in the first book means that their personalities and stories have already been developed by the time you come to reading their books.

I am currently reading Crazy Love and can't wait to get to Crazy Sweet (However, I will be interested to see how Janzen has introduced the female character after already seemingly establishing a relationship between Travis and Jane in Crazy Kisses).

Sword of Darkness (Lords of Avalon)
Sword of Darkness (Lords of Avalon)
by Kinley MacGregor

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 12 April 2006
I have just spent all day reading this book. Wow! I haven't read a book that could keep me so captivated in ages. MacGregor/Kenyon continually manages to amaze me with her gift for creating something "different" for everyone else to copy. Sure, there are glimpses of other books in her work (I mean who hasn't read something about Camelot before?), but she has certainly come up with an original take.

Kerrigan is a dark brooder and Seren is a plucky forthright heroine. I can't wait for the next one and also can't wait for Blaise's story; even if he is a violet eyed albino mandrake!!

The Charmer (Liar's Club)
The Charmer (Liar's Club)
by Celeste Bradley
Price: 3.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Better and Better!, 7 Nov 2004
The Charmer is a real page turner and I really wish I'd have discovered Celeste Bradley after she'd done a few more books. I am only waiting for her first 2 books (Fallen and The Pretender)and I find myself in the frustrating position of now having to wait for her next book. I have read The Imposter, The Spy and The Charmer and all three books stand in their own right, however, The Charmer does have some references in it that I suspect will become clearer after I have read The Pretender.
I am an eclectic reader and like my books as diverse as Christine Feehan and Sherrylin Kenyon to Rachel Gibson and Patti Berg. If you enjoy these authors, you'll like Celeste Bradley.