Profile for Lloyd Blake > Reviews

MENS LACE UP CASUAL HI TOP VELCRO PADDED PUMPS TRAINERS SKATER SHOES SIZE 10 44
MENS LACE UP CASUAL HI TOP VELCRO PADDED PUMPS TRAINERS SKATER SHOES SIZE 10 44
Offered by Ajvani Shoes

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not meant to last long, 28 July 2014
These shoes look very appealing. The design is very trendy and stylish. When first worn they seem very comfortable and snug on your foot. However, after just one weeks worth or wear the cushioned padding becomes thin and starts to separate from the rubber sole. The shoe starts to bend easily when you try to take them off. These type of shoes seems like they are not supposed to last long or you should have many pairs so you can alternate between them so they last longer. I like the design but give them three stars for durability.

VonHaus Black High Gloss MDF TV stand with Tempered Glass Shelf for up to 37" TVs
Offered by Designer Habitat
Price: 99.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but not that sturdy, 14 July 2014
The stand is easy to put together and looks exactly how it looks in the image when constructed. I give it three stars because the stand isn't as sturdy as I thought it would be when put together. Also the small black knobs that cover the silver screw heads in the two front legs of the stand are hard to put in place and I gave up trying to get them to fit in properly.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium inkl SP1 32 Bit UK - Refurbished Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User - Win7 home Premium 32 Bit [DVD-ROM] Windows 7
Offered by stop_computer
Price: 39.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Windows 7 working great on my pc so far, 1 Mar 2014
So far so good. The package came in good time - about four days after ordering. I was using windows 7 to replace windows vista on my laptop. I backed up all my files and important documents before inputting the software. I realised you don't necessarily have to do this as the windows 7 software copies and stores all of your files and then reloads them once the upgrade is complete. The only minor downside is that the upgrade takes around four hours to complete but apart from that my computer is working great so far.

DEADLINE
DEADLINE
Price: 0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot going for it if only the author could slow down a little, 19 April 2013
This review is from: DEADLINE (Kindle Edition)
Deadline sees us delve into the world of the newspaper industry where a serial killer is on the loose in Ontario Canada. We are given a backdrop of a struggling news organisation trying to stay afloat in a competitive news environment whilst a huge story of a serial killer on the loose and the hunt for him is being played out.
The story gives us an insight into the workings of a news organisation and the everyday lives of its journalists. The story seems to have three main elements driving it; the look into the news industry itself, a serial killer on the loose and his strange fascination with a female reporter, and we are also given a side story set in Pakistan with another journalist.
The premiss of the story is good but I believe the author tries to do too much with the story and there are too many huge events going on that could have been expressed with more detail and clarity. At times it feels as if the author is rushing through events losing sight of the detail.
I wont give it away but the huge revelation that occurs in Pakistan now seems a little redundant as that part of our world history has been changed forever. There's alot going for this story in parts if only the author could slow down and tell us in detail.

I was given a free copy of this book

Echo
Echo
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 3.73

2.0 out of 5 stars The voice is still there, however wrong material, 15 Nov 2009
This review is from: Echo (Audio CD)
I am a Leona Lewis admirer. I willed her on to win xfactor, bought her debut album and hoped her second offering would outshine her first - but unfortunately it doesn't. The songs all sound the same and there is no variation in the type of genre's she sings in which i know she is capable of. We don't get any real soulful sounding songs, we get no R&B, no jazz elements, not even rock. All the beats sond like bland pop tunes just going through the motions. Where is the writing talent in these tracks - i feel the writers have a lot to answer to here.
I expected Leona to use the repetoir she has vocally and impart them on different sounds a classic example of this was christna Aguillera's stripped album when she delivered blues to pop to rock and showed versatility. I know Leona can do this - but unfortunatrely it seems her creative side is being clipped to suit what her record label want her to make and that right now seems to be bland empty sounding pop tracks. I cant wait for her to make a credible sounding album with variety and when she does I'll be the first to big her up.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2010 1:47 PM GMT