Profile for eljay > Reviews

Content by eljay

eljay (Brighton, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Cruzer Fit 64 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-064G-B35)
Cruzer Fit 64 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-064G-B35)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much fun when you are away from home and are short ..., 1 Sep 2014
Firstly - I am a frequent user of USB drives and so am familiar with the way they work. For me, the SanDisk SDCZ33 was a complete pain from start to finish. I wanted to install the SanDisk Secure Access software, so that I could take the drive out and about with me in the knowledge that the PC files I had copied to it were confidential even if I should lose it.
You have to download the Secure Access application from the SanDisk web site and then put onto the drive. This I did, with very little problem. The issues began when I wanted to copy files across from my PC. They went across alright, but later when the time came to open them to use, they refused to open. I did the same excercise again, but this time checked that every file would open after I had transferred it. They all opened at that time, but later once again failed to do so. Not much fun when you are away from home and are short on alternatives! I always use the "Safely Remove Hardware . . ." function when disconnecting USB drives from my PC, so I don't imagine that could be the source of my difficulties. I noticed that this quite small device always ran very hot, unlike others I use. I have a USB 2.0 connection, so that was in order too. After repeated performances of the same nature, I put both it and myself out of our misery by putting it under the hammer . . . quite literally! For me - this has been the worst USB drive experience I have ever had and I won't be recommending it any time soon.

Ghost Stories [+digital booklet]
Ghost Stories [+digital booklet]

5.0 out of 5 stars They don't come much better than this, 26 Jun 2014
A slightly different direction for Coldplay - and it has paid off. A beautifully produced and recorded album. Loved it!

Amazon Artist Lounge EP (Live) [Explicit]
Amazon Artist Lounge EP (Live) [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable, 26 Jun 2014
Thoroughly enjoyable tracks - liked them all!

ABC Civil Aircraft Markings 2014
ABC Civil Aircraft Markings 2014
by Allan S. Wright

4.0 out of 5 stars Good saving on the cover price, 23 Jun 2014
Users of this aviation reference work will need no introduction to it's function, so best just say that the cover price is £13.50, meaning that bought the Amazon way there's a great saving to be had!

INFANTRY Mens Date Display Wrist Watch Fashion Army Sport Black Stainless Steel Bracelet Strap #IN-008-W-S
Offered by Infantry_Co

4.0 out of 5 stars Chunky good looker, 23 Jun 2014
If you like military style watches then this one may be for you. Firstly, it's BIG. Second it's quite heavy. It has a very smart, easy to read dial that includes a day-of-the-month aperture.The actual time setting winder is located under the large cap adjacent to the figure '9'. With no instructions provided, it took me a while to work that one out! You unscrew the cap (and wonder why the hands aren't turning!), then it comes away in your hand, retained by the metal link that you can see in the photos, to reveal a further winder of more modest proportions. This winder has the usual two stage pulls to alter either the time or the day of the month.
The dial cover is thick glass and looks like it would not scratch easily. I shortened the metal bracelet using a blunted dressmakers pin to push the retaining rods out. I guess this is a bit of a "Marmite" watch - you will either love it or hate it!

Draper 88451 14.4-Volt Cordless Variable Speed Combination Hammer Drill Ni-CD Battery
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 22 Jun 2014
Nicely made, with enough power to cope with most DIY jobs, I was very pleased to get this item at a very nice price.
It's early days yet, but absolutely no issues to report so far.

Transform Your Records Cassettes Cd Vinyl to Mp3 Format.. Encoder - Decoder
Transform Your Records Cassettes Cd Vinyl to Mp3 Format.. Encoder - Decoder
Offered by Quality Products Uk

2.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but . . ., 11 May 2014
A handy piece of kit at a great price, but . . .
You will need plenty of time and patience if you plan to copy more than a few tape tracks. There must be an easier way!

Eminent Dummy Surveillance Camera
Eminent Dummy Surveillance Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks pretty convincing, 11 May 2014
This item is quite easy to install and looks the part. There is a slight issue as to what to do with the short length of cable attached to it, however I solved the problem by inserting it into a rubber grommet and the attaching it to the wall, which gives the impression that it actually passes through the wall. Battery life is impressively good. It's worth wiping over the metal parts after installation as they do tend to rust quite readily with exposure to the elements. I am pleased with my purchase.

Happy Birthday (Elephants) - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Card
Happy Birthday (Elephants) - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient birthday gift, 11 May 2014
The most attractive feature of these certificates is that you can have them in your hands in little more than 5 minutes, without even going out of your front door (very good for that last minute gift that you almost forgot!).
They are e-mailed to you, with your own personal message pre-printed and you just have to print them out. Nice idea.

Lexmark 10x15cm Glossy Premium Photo Paper 240GSM 70 Sheets
Lexmark 10x15cm Glossy Premium Photo Paper 240GSM 70 Sheets
Offered by Saver Office Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Time will tell . . ., 11 May 2014
A very economical purchase that so far has performed well in my Canon inkjet printer. The as yet unanswered question concerns the light-fastness of the paper. I have recently purchased a number of packs of the equivalent Polaroid product and given prints to family members, only to find a month or two later that the once lovely picture that was attached to the freezer door has only slight traces of red and yellow imagery still evident. If this Lexmark material lives up to the job, I shall certainly be back for more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10