Profile for eljay > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Hoya 52mm UV(C) Digital HMC Screw-in Filter
Hoya 52mm UV(C) Digital HMC Screw-in Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Very economical lens protector, 28 Sep 2014
Very reasonably priced, these high quality filters fulfill the very important task of shielding my camera lens from any unforseen harm.
It makes so much sense - if they do take a hit, compare the outcomes of just buying a new filter, or writing off your camera. Everyone should use one.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ48EB-K Hybrid Super Zoom Digital Camera (12.1MP, 24x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with my purchase, 28 Sep 2014
I bought the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ48 to replace my FZ28, which had an issue with beach sand in the zoom focus mechanism, that made it unreliable.
I was well pleased with the FZ28 and am even moreso with the FZ48. You get "loads of bang for your buck" as they say, not the least because of the amazing Leica (best in the world) lens. I had some qualms about buying this used example, but Camera Shop UK described it as being "mint" condition and I'm pleased to say that I found it 99.99% to be so, with only a very very small mark (2mm) on the LCD viewing screen . . . and I had to hunt hard and be really "picky" to notice it. I am delighted with both the camera and the very nice saving over the retail price when new.

Battery for Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100, 7.4V, 750mAh, Li-ion
Battery for Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100, 7.4V, 750mAh, Li-ion
Offered by UK Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Big saver, 28 Sep 2014
These copycat batteries are never approved by the camera manufacturers, who give dire warnings about explosions and catching fire if left unattended whilst charging. Solution? Buy one and try one - don't leave it unattended when charging - don't put it one anything that is likely to catch fire . . . and save yourself LOADS of money! I have never had a single issue with the four that I have bought over the years.

Kitchen Devils Lifestyle Bread Knife 302448
Kitchen Devils Lifestyle Bread Knife 302448
Offered by Bin Babe

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat Kitchen Devil knives, 28 Sep 2014
Having had the best part of 10 years use out of the earlier model of this bread knife, I can vouch for the superiority of the "wavy" blade which slices bread without any tearing or making a mess of the loaf. This was bought as a gift for my grown up daughter who had "the bread knife from hell". I don't know what the brand was, but it should have been "The Destroyer"!

The Fog in Moterey
The Fog in Moterey

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 28 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Fog in Moterey (MP3 Download)
I believe this track should be called "The Fog in MoNterey" (spelling mistake). I personally feel that Mary Black really comes into her own for me outside of the usual "Celtic" genre and this particular song is good evidence of that.

Verbatim 97763 32GB Micro Plus USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black
Verbatim 97763 32GB Micro Plus USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - but not without some issues, 28 Sep 2014
I bought this item for it's small size and it fits the bill perfectly. Like others, I do have some reservations about the longevity of the little rubber(?) "catch that keeps the lift-up cover closed, but if it's treated with respect I think it will do the job.When I installed the Verbatim security software for it from their website, my Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 dectected it as malware. I contacted Verbatim customer support and Kaspersky, who between them decided that it was a "false positive". Kaspersky said they would resolve this issue at the next definitions update and that appears to have resolved things.

The Boxtrolls novelization
The Boxtrolls novelization
by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel

5.0 out of 5 stars Requested title, 28 Sep 2014
I bought this book for a 6-year old, who requested this particular title. Plenty of reading material here as it's a nice chunky volume.

Dolphin Tale 2: A Tale of Winter and Hope
Dolphin Tale 2: A Tale of Winter and Hope
by Gabrielle Reyes

3.0 out of 5 stars A very slim volume, 28 Sep 2014
I don't remember seeing any mention of the number of pages before I brought this item, but it has so few that it is more like a pamphlet than a book. Couple with this the text is printed so large (in order to make as much as possible of it) that there is barely a decent read there at all. I bought this for an 8-year old and she read it from cover to cover in less than 10 minutes. Sorry - disappointed.

Swann-Morton Scalpel Blades No 10A Pack of 20
Swann-Morton Scalpel Blades No 10A Pack of 20
Offered by Claris

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy small quantities, 28 Sep 2014
Yes - can't add much more than has already been said . . . great to buy just a small quantity as a full box would last me a couple of years. Swann-Morton are the market leaders and their blades can't be bettered, but the harder the material you are intending to use them on, they will tend to lose their sharpness correspondingly quicker.

Cruzer Fit 64 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-064G-B35)
Cruzer Fit 64 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-064G-B35)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much fun when you are away from home and are short ..., 1 Sep 2014
Firstly - I am a frequent user of USB drives and so am familiar with the way they work. For me, the SanDisk SDCZ33 was a complete pain from start to finish. I wanted to install the SanDisk Secure Access software, so that I could take the drive out and about with me in the knowledge that the PC files I had copied to it were confidential even if I should lose it.
You have to download the Secure Access application from the SanDisk web site and then put onto the drive. This I did, with very little problem. The issues began when I wanted to copy files across from my PC. They went across alright, but later when the time came to open them to use, they refused to open. I did the same excercise again, but this time checked that every file would open after I had transferred it. They all opened at that time, but later once again failed to do so. Not much fun when you are away from home and are short on alternatives! I always use the "Safely Remove Hardware . . ." function when disconnecting USB drives from my PC, so I don't imagine that could be the source of my difficulties. I noticed that this quite small device always ran very hot, unlike others I use. I have a USB 2.0 connection, so that was in order too. After repeated performances of the same nature, I put both it and myself out of our misery by putting it under the hammer . . . quite literally! For me - this has been the worst USB drive experience I have ever had and I won't be recommending it any time soon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11