Profile for eljay > Reviews

Peppa Pig Camper Van Playset
Peppa Pig Camper Van Playset
Offered by Cindy's Little Kingdom - We post same day Monday-Friday before 3pm

4.0 out of 5 stars Requested from Santa, 28 Nov 2014
This review is from: Peppa Pig Camper Van Playset (Toy)
I bought this a Christmas gift for a grand-daughter who had it on her letter to Santa. Looks fine - nothing obviously appears amiss, but only time will tell about durability.

Sharpie Fine Permanent Marker Black - Pack of 2
Sharpie Fine Permanent Marker Black - Pack of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 28 Nov 2014
Always the best - a nice tight cap grip to prevent drying out and a tip that seems to stay firm whilst others have almost turned into a fluffy kind of brush that having taken on that form, does not allow ink to flow to the tip - and good permanence in outdoor use.

Ghost
Ghost

4.0 out of 5 stars Have I heard it before?, 15 Nov 2014
This review is from: Ghost (MP3 Download)
I bought the first five of Kate Rusby's albums because I really liked her voice and style, then I resisted for a year or two, so when this new album came out I felt that I was ready to buy again. I listened to the sample track of "After This" and I liked it very much, so went ahead and bought the album. After listening to a couple more of the tracks, I was reminded that the reason I gave myself a break was that so many of the songs have the same musical tone and it's hard not to feel that you've heard the songs before - but with different words.
Don't get me wrong - she still has the voice of an angel and the tracks are beautifully produced, but the genre that she represents appears to be a bit narrow in it's musical possibilities. This is a fine album in my opinion, but if like me you have a few others, you might be forgiven for not knowing which of them you are listening to.

Long Long Way
Long Long Way

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully crafted, 7 Nov 2014
This review is from: Long Long Way (MP3 Download)
I like my Damien Rice with a bit of sensitivity and emotion. If you do too, then this track ticks all the boxes, even more so than My Favourite Faded Fantasy. Lush orchestral backing again provides the canvas for another beautifully crafted composition.

My Favourite Faded Fantasy
My Favourite Faded Fantasy

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensitivity and emotion, 7 Nov 2014
I like my Damien Rice with a bit of sensitivity and emotion. If you do too, then this track ticks all the boxes. Lush orchestral backing provides the canvas for this beautifully crafted composition.

Blackspur BB-CL098 Micro Clamp Set
Blackspur BB-CL098 Micro Clamp Set

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful extra pair of hands, 19 Oct 2014
The amount of pinch on these little clamps is surprisingly good. If you are using an adhesive that takes a while to set, as long as the item will fit in the 25mm (max.) capacity jaws, you can get on with your life instead of holding the parts together with hand pressure for what seems a lifetime. A great little small scale toolbox item.

Agfa 10x15cm 240gsm Premium Glossy Ink Jet Photo Paper (100 Sheets) - Silver edition

4.0 out of 5 stars This very good value for money ink jet paper gives good results ..., 14 Oct 2014
This very good value for money ink jet paper gives good results and is nice and thick, so when you are handing prints around or sending them to family there is nothing lightweight and cheap about them. I would have liked the paper to be boxed, rather than in a cellophane envelope, to protect the edges in storage in my computer desk, but I guess this is done to keep the price down.

Epson S041749 A4 Bright White Inkjet Paper (500 Sheets)
Epson S041749 A4 Bright White Inkjet Paper (500 Sheets)

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant shade of white and brilliant results!, 14 Oct 2014
This is a nice high white bulky sheet (sit a packet of it next to an "own label" one from a high street retailer and see how much thicker it is). As has already been mentioned here, this paper is almost too nice to use for everyday printing and gives really good results.

Hoya 52mm UV(C) Digital HMC Screw-in Filter
Hoya 52mm UV(C) Digital HMC Screw-in Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Very economical lens protector, 28 Sep 2014
Very reasonably priced, these high quality filters fulfill the very important task of shielding my camera lens from any unforseen harm.
It makes so much sense - if they do take a hit, compare the outcomes of just buying a new filter, or writing off your camera. Everyone should use one.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ48EB-K Hybrid Super Zoom Digital Camera (12.1MP, 24x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with my purchase, 28 Sep 2014
I bought the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ48 to replace my FZ28, which had an issue with beach sand in the zoom focus mechanism, that made it unreliable.
I was well pleased with the FZ28 and am even moreso with the FZ48. You get "loads of bang for your buck" as they say, not the least because of the amazing Leica (best in the world) lens. I had some qualms about buying this used example, but Camera Shop UK described it as being "mint" condition and I'm pleased to say that I found it 99.99% to be so, with only a very very small mark (2mm) on the LCD viewing screen . . . and I had to hunt hard and be really "picky" to notice it. I am delighted with both the camera and the very nice saving over the retail price when new.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12