Profile for eljay > Reviews

Blackspur BB-CL098 Micro Clamp Set
Blackspur BB-CL098 Micro Clamp Set
Offered by Price Attack Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful extra pair of hands, 19 Oct 2014
The amount of pinch on these little clamps is surprisingly good. If you are using an adhesive that takes a while to set, as long as the item will fit in the 25mm (max.) capacity jaws, you can get on with your life instead of holding the parts together with hand pressure for what seems a lifetime. A great little small scale toolbox item.

Agfa 10x15cm 240gsm Premium Glossy Ink Jet Photo Paper (100 Sheets) - Silver edition

4.0 out of 5 stars This very good value for money ink jet paper gives good results ..., 14 Oct 2014
This very good value for money ink jet paper gives good results and is nice and thick, so when you are handing prints around or sending them to family there is nothing lightweight and cheap about them. I would have liked the paper to be boxed, rather than in a cellophane envelope, to protect the edges in storage in my computer desk, but I guess this is done to keep the price down.

Epson S041749 A4 Bright White Inkjet Paper (500 Sheets)
Epson S041749 A4 Bright White Inkjet Paper (500 Sheets)
Offered by Express Box Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant shade of white and brilliant results!, 14 Oct 2014
This is a nice high white bulky sheet (sit a packet of it next to an "own label" one from a high street retailer and see how much thicker it is). As has already been mentioned here, this paper is almost too nice to use for everyday printing and gives really good results.

Hoya 52mm UV(C) Digital HMC Screw-in Filter
Hoya 52mm UV(C) Digital HMC Screw-in Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Very economical lens protector, 28 Sep 2014
Very reasonably priced, these high quality filters fulfill the very important task of shielding my camera lens from any unforseen harm.
It makes so much sense - if they do take a hit, compare the outcomes of just buying a new filter, or writing off your camera. Everyone should use one.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ48EB-K Hybrid Super Zoom Digital Camera (12.1MP, 24x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with my purchase, 28 Sep 2014
I bought the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ48 to replace my FZ28, which had an issue with beach sand in the zoom focus mechanism, that made it unreliable.
I was well pleased with the FZ28 and am even moreso with the FZ48. You get "loads of bang for your buck" as they say, not the least because of the amazing Leica (best in the world) lens. I had some qualms about buying this used example, but Camera Shop UK described it as being "mint" condition and I'm pleased to say that I found it 99.99% to be so, with only a very very small mark (2mm) on the LCD viewing screen . . . and I had to hunt hard and be really "picky" to notice it. I am delighted with both the camera and the very nice saving over the retail price when new.

Battery for Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100, 7.4V, 750mAh, Li-ion
Battery for Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100, 7.4V, 750mAh, Li-ion
Offered by UK Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Big saver, 28 Sep 2014
These copycat batteries are never approved by the camera manufacturers, who give dire warnings about explosions and catching fire if left unattended whilst charging. Solution? Buy one and try one - don't leave it unattended when charging - don't put it one anything that is likely to catch fire . . . and save yourself LOADS of money! I have never had a single issue with the four that I have bought over the years.

Kitchen Devils Lifestyle Bread Knife 302448
Kitchen Devils Lifestyle Bread Knife 302448
Offered by millstones

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat Kitchen Devil knives, 28 Sep 2014
Having had the best part of 10 years use out of the earlier model of this bread knife, I can vouch for the superiority of the "wavy" blade which slices bread without any tearing or making a mess of the loaf. This was bought as a gift for my grown up daughter who had "the bread knife from hell". I don't know what the brand was, but it should have been "The Destroyer"!

The Fog in Moterey
The Fog in Moterey

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 28 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Fog in Moterey (MP3 Download)
I believe this track should be called "The Fog in MoNterey" (spelling mistake). I personally feel that Mary Black really comes into her own for me outside of the usual "Celtic" genre and this particular song is good evidence of that.

Verbatim 97763 32GB Micro Plus USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black
Verbatim 97763 32GB Micro Plus USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - but not without some issues, 28 Sep 2014
I bought this item for it's small size and it fits the bill perfectly. Like others, I do have some reservations about the longevity of the little rubber(?) "catch that keeps the lift-up cover closed, but if it's treated with respect I think it will do the job.When I installed the Verbatim security software for it from their website, my Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 dectected it as malware. I contacted Verbatim customer support and Kaspersky, who between them decided that it was a "false positive". Kaspersky said they would resolve this issue at the next definitions update and that appears to have resolved things.

The Boxtrolls novelization
The Boxtrolls novelization
by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel

5.0 out of 5 stars Requested title, 28 Sep 2014
I bought this book for a 6-year old, who requested this particular title. Plenty of reading material here as it's a nice chunky volume.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11