Profile for J. Christoffel > Reviews

Content by J. Christoffel

J. Christoffel "Wordsmith" (Rottenburg, Germany)

Dragons: Riders Of Berk - Part 1 [DVD]
Dragons: Riders Of Berk - Part 1 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the long wait!, 14 Nov 2013
My son (8 years old) and I watched the original film "How to train your dragon" countless times when it first came out. We have been hoping that there would be some sort of sequel, so when I discovered the Riders of Berk series I immediately ordered the DVD. Our expectation being so high there was been a fair chance of being disappointed. Instead the new episodes are just wonderful. Not only are all the fascinating dragons back, we also love the stories that the 20 min episodes tell. After all the story is what makes a film a real success so you can watch it again and again. The Riders of Berk fall in that exceptional small group of outstanding CGI movies which are the result of imagination, and a tangible love of the makers for the cosmos that they create. We can't wait for the Part 2 DVD!

Shaun The Sheep - Abracadabra [DVD]
Shaun The Sheep - Abracadabra [DVD]
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic indeed, 29 Jan 2009
Shaun the Sheep is a truly "valuable addition to our modern life style"... (Wallace & Gromit fans will recoginze the quote). Seriously, this Nick Park spin-off is a rare example of a lovingly made stop-motion animation that does the trick to enthrall adults just as much as our four year old. Originally I bought the first film for my wife but soon the whole family sat in front of the TV and while our little chap laughed at the slapstick bits of humour there is so much attention to detail and so much admirable imagination in each episode that we have begun to buy more DVDs. Do not miss Shaun! He is a lot of fun for those who do not bleat...