Profile for jas > Reviews

100 of the Best Songs Ever!: For Keyboard
by Daniel Scott
Edition: Sheet music

4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and good value for money., 23 Aug 2014
I bought this song book to replace one that I had lost. It has good, clear typescript easy to read with a good selection of songs. I found many of my old favourites plus a few 'new to me' songs that appealed to me

The chord symbols are adequate. for the home keyboard player.

I found some the piano left hand accompaniments a bit twee - that is somewhat bare or minimal. However, these could sound good in the hands of an expressive piano player, or when accompanying a singer.

I found no problems with the page turning, I just pressed the opened pages down flat before placing the book on the music stand. Spreading some of the songs over several pages is preferable to cramping small printed songs onto one page.

My rating would be 4.5 stars, 5 stars if the piano accompaniments were a bit fuller in some instances.

Recommended.
jas

JVC HAM5X Xtreme Xplosives Around Ear Headphone
JVC HAM5X Xtreme Xplosives Around Ear Headphone
Offered by MegaDeals UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and good sound other than a bit too 'Bassy' ..., 23 July 2014
Comfortable and good sound other than a bit too 'Bassy' for my liking. Probably great for smaller sound systems though.

Mains Socket Tester - Check for Correct Wiring
Mains Socket Tester - Check for Correct Wiring
Offered by Digitalis Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 July 2014
Does the job. Invaluable accessory.

Maxsimafoto - Lens Hood LH-40 for Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II Lens - (Black) Pen E-PM1, E-PL3, (micro four thirds type).
Offered by Cameramarket UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I am well pleased with this lens hood which is most effective at ..., 23 July 2014
Mounted permanently on my 14-42 mm Series II lens. Can be fitted reversed onto the lens for storage / not in use. This is a first class accessory at a fraction of the cost of the Olympus version.

I am well pleased with this lens hood which is most effective at the wide angle end of the lens.

When using the mini flashgun - which comes with the E-LP5 - some shading occurs at the 14mm lens setting. This disappears when the lens is set to 22mm or greater. Just remove the hood temporarily if this is a problem - probably not needed if using flash indoors.

This caused by the low height of the mini flashgun and is not a fault of the lens hood.

Other flashguns, such as the 'Metz 24-1 Oly', have a higher flash head and can see over the lens hood and therefor do not give this problem at any setting of the lens' zoom setting.

Note that this lens hood will not fit onto the original 14-42mm Series I lens, which requires a screw or push fit lens hood.

SCARLATTI 85 Single Leather Shoulder Strap
SCARLATTI 85 Single Leather Shoulder Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what says - ideal if you only need to ..., 23 July 2014
Does what says - ideal if you only need to replace one strap at low cost. Or buy two if you need to / want to replace both..

SanDisk (SDSDU-032G-FFP) 32 GB SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Card - Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 July 2014
Currently installed in my new Olympus Pen E-PL1 - does the job no problem.

Olympus Pen E-PL5 Compact System Camera - Black (16.1 MP, M.ZUIKO Digital 14 -42mm II R Lens Kit) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars I am well pleased with the camera and the excellent images it produces, 23 July 2014
This is superb little camera with fast focusing and shutter operation. I bought this to replace / supplement my Pen E-P1 for its extra features and much faster response.

I am well pleased with the camera and the excellent images it produces.

Hoya 37mm UV(C) Digital HMC Screw-in Filter
Hoya 37mm UV(C) Digital HMC Screw-in Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars It now screwed on the front of my Pen E-PL5 ..., 23 July 2014
It now screwed on the front of my Pen E-PL5 and provides some protection against airborne dust, dirt etc, in addition cutting out extraneous UV light.

Photoshop Elements 7: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)
Photoshop Elements 7: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)
by Barbara Brundage

4.0 out of 5 stars This book provides clear, and illustrated guide to using ..., 23 July 2014
This book provides clear, and illustrated guide to using PE7. It is well worth the price for anyone using PE7.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This block is ideal for connecting the computer and its ..., 23 July 2014
This block is ideal for connecting the computer and its peripherals e.g. printer, monitor, USB mains plugs. It enables each item to be switched individually or for all to be disconnected by the wall socket switch. It has enough sockets to provide for most computer setups, with a degree of protection against surges and noise on the mains supply.

For me, it fills a need.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5