Profile for jas > Reviews

Content by jas

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Magic Lantern Guides: Olympus E-P1 (Magic Lantern Compact Guides)
Magic Lantern Guides: Olympus E-P1 (Magic Lantern Compact Guides)
by Frank Gallaugher

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Official Manual., 15 May 2014
I found this guide is much clearer and easier to follow than the official Olympus manual for the camera. It is well written in clear English and plentiful with photos covering the instructions.

I would recommend it to others requiring a clear guide to using the Olympus E-P1 camera.

Metz 24-AF1 Digital Flashgun for Olympus/Panasonic
Metz 24-AF1 Digital Flashgun for Olympus/Panasonic

5.0 out of 5 stars Fills a Need., 15 May 2014
I bought this flashgun to use with my Olympus Pen 1 (EP-1) Micro 4/3rds camera - which does not have a built-in flash. The flashgun works fine with the Olympus camera giving good exposures.

I would recommend this flashgun to others in the same situation.

Thick Accordion PU Leather Shoulder Straps for 96-120 Bass New
Thick Accordion PU Leather Shoulder Straps for 96-120 Bass New
Offered by travelinwind

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement Accordion Straps., 15 May 2014
I bought these straps to replace the shoulder straps that came with my new Chanson 24 bass piano accordion. The original straps were for a child and therefor too short for me.

They arrived on the first day of the promised delivery period. The length was ample, adjusted fine and are very comfortable. I am very pleased and would recommend them to others in the same situation.

SLx 27884G 48 Element Digital TV Aerial - Gold
SLx 27884G 48 Element Digital TV Aerial - Gold
Offered by Aerials, Satellites & Cables Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 10 May 2014
I failed to get a usable signal from this aerial despite spending several hours trying various positions and attitudes. Its gold colour looked fine but it didn't perform. The aerial was correct for area I live in and the local TV transmitter.

The multi-element Yagi aerial I bought many years ago - which I had previously used for analogue TV - proved to give a satisfactory picture when re-installed. So I am currently using this old Yagi aerial

WD Scorpio Blue 320GB 5400 RPM SATA Mobile Internal Hard Drive OEM (8 MB,2.5 inch,Sony Playstation PS3 Compatible)
Offered by InvisibleMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars WD Scorpio 320GB SATA Hhard Drive., 10 May 2014
I bought this to replace the failed hard drive in my wife's HP laptop. It installed with no problem and is working fine to date.
My wife is happy - so am I :)

Hitachi Travelstar 1000GB 2.5 inch SATA Internal Hard Drive
Hitachi Travelstar 1000GB 2.5 inch SATA Internal Hard Drive
Offered by Beetechwise.ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Hitachi 1TB 2.5" Drive SATA, 10 May 2014
Fitted perfectly into my Advent laptop and installed OK. To date, it is working fast and fine. I now have the extra hard drive space I needed.

Ashbury Bags Premium 12 Bass Accordion Bag
Ashbury Bags Premium 12 Bass Accordion Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bag, 2 April 2014
The bag is well made and provides a snug fit for my Chanson 25 bass piano accordion. It provides adequate protection for occassional gigging. With the front flap fully un-zipped insert the keyboard part first into the bag then lower the body in fully.
The zipped pouch at the front is sufficiently large (39 x 27cms) to take music books comfortably.

Francis & Day's Popular and Community Song Book for all occasions
Francis & Day's Popular and Community Song Book for all occasions
by Francis and Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Friend Found Again., 2 April 2014
I played extensively from a copy of the Song Book when I was a lad. Unfortunately my first copy of the book went astray.

I was delighted to find a copy of the same edition (1935) of the song book on Amazon. Although showing some signs of its age still in good condition and the songs perfectly readable and playable.

Re-united with an old friend, as it were.

Hitachi (HGST) 500gb 500 GB 2.5 Inch 5400 RPM Sata Hard Drive Thin 7MM For Laptop/PS3/Mac - 3 Years Warranty
Offered by elevenfirst

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine., 2 April 2014
The drive - now fitted to my HP laptop - works quietly and efficiently, with no problem to date. I would certainly buy another.

Photoshop Elements 6: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)
Photoshop Elements 6: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)
by Barbara Brundage

4.0 out of 5 stars Fully Comprehensive., 8 Dec. 2013
This is a massive tome of some 570 pages. Every aspect of using Photoshop Elements 6 appears to be covered, with ample photo illustrations and diagrams.

From a brief review it seems it seems to be the cat's whiskers and to validate its claim to be the book that should have been in the box.

Well. you can get the book from Amazon at a bargain price - I would advise that you do if you want to get the best from using Photoshop Elements 6. Just select the feature you want from the comprehensive Table of Contents at the front of the book and off you go!

When I have finally read all of the book I would probably give it the 5th Star!

Happy photoshopping!