Profile for R. P. Fowler > Reviews

Content by R. P. Fowler

R. P. Fowler "reggief340" (Harpenden, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Deja Dead: (Temperance Brennan 1)
Deja Dead: (Temperance Brennan 1)
by Kathy Reichs

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisfying, 13 July 2003
I expected great things what with this book being an International Best Seller. It was alas a very poor copy of Silence of the Lambs. There was poor use of metaphors and as for a learned American doctor in French Canada considering Margaret Thatcher I think not. As if you could not see the ending four chapters before. Sorry but I was so glad to put this book down

Sao Paulo Confessions
Sao Paulo Confessions
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Suba is stunning, 1 Jan. 2003
This review is from: Sao Paulo Confessions (Audio CD)
Suba=Simply Unbelievable Brazilian Acoustics. After listening to Tanto Tempo with Bebel Gilberto I just had to try this out . This really is the stunning now sound with a great Brazilian beat, the Latin touches that ensure you feel the atmosphere. The album is so smooth with the beautiful sounds of the vocals. This is the best CD I have bought this year - 2002

Retail Therapy: Making Strategic Relationships Work
Retail Therapy: Making Strategic Relationships Work
by Rob Jones

4.0 out of 5 stars Different Dimension, 16 Nov. 2002
The usual suspects for business books are so dry and yet this book is such a refreshing change. As a nation of shopkeepers, with some of the most unusual celebrities running these huge retail empires, we should all read this. The unusual mix of retail, science and psychology makes some of the chapters come alive. I cannot remember the last time I laughed out loud whilst reading a business book. This book came recommended to me and I am so glad I have read it.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne: A Tale of Murder, Madness and the Oxford English Dictionary
by Simon Winchester

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, 9 Aug. 2002
Of all the books I have read over the last few months I found this the most riverting. Pick it up, start reading and you will not put it down until the end.

J. R. R. Tolkien: Author of the Century
J. R. R. Tolkien: Author of the Century
by T. A. Shippey

5.0 out of 5 stars 'In a hole in the ground lived a hobbit', 11 Jan. 2002
I just wish it was my blank page in my english exam that Tolkien wrote those infamous words. These have begun a journey which all Tolkien fans have followed. Tom Shippey has the ability to approach the Tolkien books differently and at the same time answer many of those ideological doubts. My view of Boromir is different now and of Gollom where upon I am more sympathetic. This book binds the writings together and gives an excellent understanding of Middle Earth.

Page: 1 | 2