Profile for Steve Rostron > Reviews

Content by Steve Rostron

Steve Rostron (Bolton UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Mens Traditional plaid wool Scottish Red Tartan Luxury adjustable Bow Tie
Mens Traditional plaid wool Scottish Red Tartan Luxury adjustable Bow Tie
Offered by Sock Snob Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars a very likeable bow tie, 6 Feb. 2015
Bought for a Burns Night dinner and very much admired. Serviceable rather than elegant, but then that's what wool plaid is. I like the ease of fastening, too, because some bow-ties are very difficult while this is a simple hook.

The Black Echo (Harry Bosch Book 1)
The Black Echo (Harry Bosch Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark mystery underground from the supreme Michael Connelly, 31 Jan. 2015
A classic Harry Bosch "police procedural" from 1995. We've seen it all before: the dogged cop being kept down by incompetent, politically-driven senior officers; the victim known to the investigating officer from his time in Vietnam (the title comes from the blind horror of Vietcong tunnels); the sexy FBI girl, The partner trying to earn money on the side. But we love 'em all, don't we. I love Harry Bosch, and this is amongst the best of his adventures.

Mens Ribbed Long Length Socks With Cashmere (Pack Of 3) (UK Shoe 6-11, EUR 39-45) (Grey/Black/Brown)
Offered by CHEAPSOCKS UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly right, 21 Dec. 2014
I think these socks are terrific: good fit, comfortable and warm

Golf trolley battery NPC24-12. Replaces YPC26-12 1 Year Warranty
Golf trolley battery NPC24-12. Replaces YPC26-12 1 Year Warranty
Offered by NRG Power Systems

5.0 out of 5 stars What a good buy! I've had this for a year and ..., 11 Nov. 2014
What a good buy! I've had this for a year and used it at least twice each week, usually for a full eighteen on a hilly course. Never a problem -still pulling strongly at the end. Highly recommended.

Duronic KS5000 Large Digital Display 5KG Kitchen Scales with 24.5cm Diameter Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl and 2 Years FREE Warranty
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Duronic KS 50000 scales, 23 Oct. 2014
We have tried several types of weighing devices, and the Duronic is definitely the best. Easy to use, with a large pan which doubles as a mixing bowl, and very clear digits. The reading can be returned to zero, to let the user accurately weigh further ingredients. The change from lbs to metric is simple and useful. An excellent buy!

ICaps Dietary Supplement with Extra Lutein -30 Caps
ICaps Dietary Supplement with Extra Lutein -30 Caps

4.0 out of 5 stars Do iCaps work?, 4 Sept. 2014
My wife and I have both taken these, and she feel that they are keeping her keeping her condition stable. They were recommended by an eye specialist, and she willl continue taking them. I've hd further laser surgery, and now do not take iCaps.

Bosch Power Silence Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars I hope this one lasts!, 22 Jun. 2014
I must have had fifteen cleaners in my domestic lifetime. I've even had a Bosch like this before. None have lasted more than four years or so, but at least the Bosch was one of the best. All products like this nowadays are made in China, regardless of the nationality of the parent company (Bosch is German) and all are made for ease of factory assembly rather than for the satisfaction of the customer, but at least this Bosch is a little more robust than the Hoover I had last time. It is particularly quiet in operation.

The Diary of Samuel Pepys
The Diary of Samuel Pepys

5.0 out of 5 stars History as it was lived., 22 Jun. 2014
A perennial, classic account of life at the beginning of the 17th century. If you are studying The Restoration, this is for you!

Piatnik Paisley Playing Cards Double Deck
Piatnik Paisley Playing Cards Double Deck

4.0 out of 5 stars good, long-lasting playing cards by the best makers, 22 Jun. 2014
I play a lot of bridge and need cards that are substantial and hard-wearing. Piatnik fit the bill perfectly - the right size (unlike "Bicycle" which are poker sized) and with wipeable surfaces; pretty, too.

Doctor Sleep: Shining Book 2 (The Shining)
Doctor Sleep: Shining Book 2 (The Shining)

3.0 out of 5 stars Stephen King, but not as we know him?, 22 Jun. 2014
I love King's novels and always have. "Doctor Sleep", however, is different - not what I expected after "The Shining" at all. I find Danny's slump into alcoholism unbelievable, and the type of villains portrayed in the book as equally difficult to accept. I appreciate that when one has written 50 or so novels it must become hard to dream up new plotlines, but this didn't sit well with me. Still, the old magic was there and I read it with my interest firmly gripped as always.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5