Profile for Bill Pugsley > Reviews

Content by Bill Pugsley

Bill Pugsley "Bill" (Hampshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Toilet Seat Hinges for Wooden Seats - Chrome Metal
Toilet Seat Hinges for Wooden Seats - Chrome Metal
Offered by Bargin Billies

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 Jun. 2015
Arrived one day later than advised but exactly as described and did the job!

Over the Top: The 10 Best First World War Commando Stories Ever!
Over the Top: The 10 Best First World War Commando Stories Ever!
by Calum Laird

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent selection of stories, 14 Oct. 2014
Excellent selection of stories - covering trenches and air warfare.

Anker® USB 3.0 to HDMI / DVI Adapter for Multiple Monitors up to 2048x1152 / 1920x1200 Each (DisplayLink Chipset - Windows Only) - Computer, LCD TV, and Projector Applicable

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly as promised, 27 Mar. 2014
Although the product came with a small disc I found it easier to download the latest software from the website (my surface pro does not have a disc drive). When I plugged into the TV screen I wanted to use it took a matter of seconds to sort out how to get both screens (and only the TV screen) working and the quality of sound and picture produced was excellent. I am pleased I bought the device.

Killing Floor (Jack Reacher, Book 1)
Killing Floor (Jack Reacher, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not wait to finish, 18 Dec. 2013
I saw the 'film' and was mildly interested in the character but then I was listening to Radio 4 Book Review and Lee Child was a guest. He read the opening paragraphs of the book and I was intrigued, So I decided to buy a kindle copy and found myself immersed in a character /story that was a real 'page turner'. I am now onto Book 4 of the series - and enjoying it as much as this one.

LEICKE Panasonic UJ-260 External Blu-Ray Disc Burner Writer Drive USB 3.0 BD-R XL 100 GB & BD-RE XL 100 GB Support / Successor Model to Panasonic UJ-240

1.0 out of 5 stars Power Cable defective, 17 Nov. 2013
I was looking forward to using this product with a new Windows Surface Pro. Packaging looked great and it 'seemed' to have everything in the box. After unwrapping it, my first step was to take out 'power lead' and I saw that the bag was slightly damaged (in that it 'looked like' someone had opened it badly in the past) - but thought nothing of it as everything looked OK. When I came to plug the lead into the chassis (in the right location) it seemed a very tight fit. I was not unduly worried but when I then plugged the USB into a power source nothing happened so I simply pulled the lead out of the chassis. Unfortunately the centre pin (from the chassis) came out with the lead! I have always had a high regard for Panasonic products but this product has knocked that regard back a number of notches.

Plugable USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter (ASIX AX88179 chipset, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Linux, OS X, Chrome OS)
Offered by Plugable Technologies

5.0 out of 5 stars Ease of use USB to Ethernet LAN Adapter, 4 Oct. 2013
Having purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro system I was so impressed with the device that I thought to use it to replace my business notebook. However, even buying an expansion unit for it (that plugs into the USB port) I could only use WiFi in the office. Then I saw that I could obtain a USB 3.0 to Ethernet LAN network 'device' for a reasonable amount.

The device arrived with full technical notes, mini CD of software and the offer of help by the supplier should I need it.

I plugged the device straight into Surface Pro USB and connected a working LAN cable. THAT WAS ALL I NEEDED TO DO! Within seconds I was happily accessing data files on the LAN services offered by my business as well as browsing the web and sending/receiving emails. No need to load software, no need to wait for a support desk, it just worked.

Having been working in IT since 1970 this was probably the fastest and 'work first time' pieces of kit I have ever used! Technology can work well after all!

Age of the Dragons [DVD]
Age of the Dragons [DVD]
Dvd ~ Danny Glover
Offered by Leisurezone

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed to impress, 26 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Age of the Dragons [DVD] (DVD)
The trailer was much better than the actual film. Thin story line,not the greatest acting and as such a major disappointment!

Hannibal: Fields of Blood
Hannibal: Fields of Blood

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner!, 1 July 2013
Yet another excellent book from this author. Having read a number of his novels I am delighted that I bought this one. The pace is fast, the battle scenes are brought to life (or death as the case generally is) and you find you are still reading it in the early hours of the morning (when you really should be sleeping!) because it is so hard to put down.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2013 12:14 PM BST

ADV PRO i1012-b We Buy Coins Display Shop Neon Light Sign
ADV PRO i1012-b We Buy Coins Display Shop Neon Light Sign
Offered by ADV PRO Advertising Since 1997

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any buyer of coins., 8 Jun. 2013
Exactly as described and thus better than expected. I am looking forward to using it at local fairs - it will certainly attract people.

Being Human - Series 5 [Blu-ray]
Being Human - Series 5 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Damien Molony
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars A series Finale, 8 Jun. 2013
An interesting end with a special twist! The acting was great (even though the cast was completely changed from the first series).

Page: 1 | 2