Profile for CRHI > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 216

CRHI (Birmingham, England)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Wagg Training Treats With Chicken and Cheese 125 g (Pack of 7)
Wagg Training Treats With Chicken and Cheese 125 g (Pack of 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars When Pedigree Chum stopped producing my dogs' favourite treats last year I thought we'd have a real ..., 29 July 2014
When Pedigree Chum stopped producing my dogs' favourite treats last year I thought we'd have a real problem as they're a fussy pair of Pekingese! However we discovered Waggs and they absolutely love them. They are small enough to give them regular treats without weight gain and they are a perfect texture - obviously easy to eat but they don't leave crumbs all over the carpet!

We order boxes of the chicken and cheese variety regularly and will continue to do so - they tried other varieties but didn't like them as much.

Montezuma Puzzle 2 Premium
Montezuma Puzzle 2 Premium

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but perfect, 26 July 2014
This review is from: Montezuma Puzzle 2 Premium (App)
Downloads and plays perfectly on the Kindle Fire HD (2012) 7".

This is an up to date version of the tangram puzzles we used to play with as kids (though in those days they were made of plastic or wood). Fit all the shapes at the bottom of the screen into the design above. Simple but beautifully illustrated and as satisfying as it ever was when you get it right. I am finding it pretty easy but I'm only up to level 30; there are 100 levels so it has time to get a lot more difficult!

A lovely little time waster for coffee breaks - or more extended play, as there are no time constraints on each puzzle to frustrate you. There are no ads or constant requests to link to Facebook or requests to buy stuff either which is a welcome change.

Cubis® - Addictive Puzzler!
Cubis® - Addictive Puzzler!

4.0 out of 5 stars Free? Well...., 22 July 2014
This review is from: Cubis® - Addictive Puzzler! (App)
Downloads and plays perfectly on the Kindle Fire HD (2012) 7".

This is a beautifully presented, very addictive puzzler with some original ideas for the match-3 genre (which are few and far between in the app world these days!).

The reason that I've knocked off one star is because of the description. It says that this is a free trial with a ONE-OFF payment to unlock the other three worlds, which they describe as the FULL GAME.

This I really don't mind as I realise that developers have to make a living and I don't expect good games for nothing. However after a very reasonable charge of only 60p for the Unlock of the 3 remaining worlds, the Unlock button changes to a level Store button where there are a lot MORE levels which cost 60p EACH which is very unfair and just plain greedy. Why can't they just charge us a proper, one time fee of say £2 and have done with it?

So - I will gladly pay the first 60p and play as far as that will take me. I suspect that after 80 levels of any game I will be quite satisfied to leave it for a while anyway and then replay these levels again sometime later. I suspect for parents, it might be wise to lock the in-app purchasing on their device for this one.

To sum up then, a great little puzzler, somewhat spoiled by the greed that sadly pervades a lot of the app industry... though it is also perhaps understandable when they are trying to provide high-quality, professionally produced apps for consumers who consistently expect something for nothing!

Rush for gold: California
Rush for gold: California

5.0 out of 5 stars Super game, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Rush for gold: California (App)
Downloads and plays perfectly on the Kindle Fire HD 7"'(2012).

The graphics for this game are really beautiful, the little animations great to watch and there is a choice of timed or relaxed play. Completing the tasks in each of the 40 levels and building the town as a reward is very enjoyable. I would have preferred to choose what to build and where to put it etc, but that's a minor point really.

It didn't take me long to complete but that was mainly because I couldn't put it down! Although it looks almost the same, I will be purchasing the Alaska version too in the future. Great fun!

Aces Gin Rummy Pro
Aces Gin Rummy Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Rummy Game, 18 July 2014
This review is from: Aces Gin Rummy Pro (App)
Downloaded and plays perfectly on my Kindle Fire HD 7" (2012 version).

I had another Gin Rummy Game app which I really loved but hadn't played for a while, so had deleted it to the Cloud just a couple of days ago. However when I saw this was the FAOTD I decided to take a look and I'm so glad I did! This is even better than my old app.

The game looks great and it plays without any problems for me. It's nice to be able to choose the length of game from a quick coffee break round to something longer, by choosing what count to end at. The characters to choose from made me smile too -especially Porkins!

If you like card games this is a no-brainer - get it.... and thanks Amazon and the developers for making it the FAOTD.

Magic Pond Solitaire
Magic Pond Solitaire

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't play!, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Magic Pond Solitaire (App)
Downloaded to my Kindle Fire HD, played the first round and the game just returned to adverts. Started again, it did the same thing. After several tries I'm afraid I lost my patience and deleted it.

Knight Solitaire
Knight Solitaire

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful game, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Knight Solitaire (App)
Playing on the Kindle Fire HD 7" (2012). Downloads and plays perfectly.

This is the same version of Solitaire as Fairway or Emerlands - tap on a card one higher or lower than the upturned deck card to make chains as long as possible. You can get extra bonus points for long chains and there are special cards that earn you stars and virtual coins which you can spend to buy Shuffles, Mulligans etc. You need to earn enough stars per level to open up the next set and there are plenty to keep you occupied for some time!

The graphics, on a medieval theme, are very classy indeed and there is a choice of styles for the playing cards. Gameplay is very smooth and so far I've had no problems with the app. If you like this type of Solitaire, this app is sure to please.

Kitchen Solitaire
Kitchen Solitaire

1.0 out of 5 stars Not again...., 16 July 2014
This review is from: Kitchen Solitaire (App)
Limited lives, requests for money, irritating adverts...

I've really had enough of these games. Let us pay ONCE for the FULL game, leave off the ads and let us enjoy games in peace!

Also - where are the so called recipes you are supposed to win? I didn't see any.
Deleted.

Millie
Millie

1.0 out of 5 stars Lovely graphics but unplayable, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Millie (App)
Very sad... This is just like the Snake game we were playing back in the 80s but with really good graphics. Sadly, the control system makes the game a real pain.
I stuck at it for as long as I could - about 15 minutes - and then deleted it - sorry.

Spirit Stones
Spirit Stones

1.0 out of 5 stars Fed up with these developers, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Spirit Stones (App)
I had been playing this game for weeks on my Kindle Fire HD, had collected a huge number of characters and was really enjoying it.

Then the developers did 'maintenance work' one day and put a notice up saying so and thanking players for waiting. The following day, they announced an Update for the app. However this wasn't available on the Amazon Appstore, so I wrote to them. They didn't even bother to reply. The app wouldn't open without the update - so weeks of play was lost. I certainly have no intention of reinstalling it.

I went to the developers site to tell them what had happened but in order to Send a message through their system you have to include a code that can only be found when the game is open. If the game WON'T open, you can't get the code to report the fact that it's not working! I suppose that's one way of ensuring you don't get as many complaints to deal with....

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20