Profile for WMA > Reviews

Content by WMA

WMA "Non fiction lover" (Manchester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Rieker Elsa Womens Casual Shoes Black Suede 6 / 39
Rieker Elsa Womens Casual Shoes Black Suede 6 / 39

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want all round better shoes, 20 April 2014
After buying cheaper similar looking shoes, I thought I was walking on air when I bought these and my body and legs seem more keen to walk strangely; possible because they slope a bit. I don't buy cheap shoes now.

Them Changes
Them Changes

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Them Changes (Audio CD)
I have been looking for this CD for many years with only a phrase from a song in my head. It was worth the long search - iconic, heart rending, joyous music.

Infidel
Infidel
by Ayaan Hirsi Ali

5.0 out of 5 stars Sit up and take notice, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Infidel (Paperback)
I love her clear style of writing and what she says. She leaves little room for doubt and this comes from very intelligent observation and experience that I have come to trust. She has a very valuable voice and insight. Her views don't have to lead down a rightwing path. It is tempting to go there, but better to become aware and take effective actions that benefit everyone.

BenQ GL2450HM LED TN 24-inch Widescreen Multimedia Monitor (1920 x 1080, 2 ms GTG, VGA, DVI-D, HDMI, speakers) - Glossy Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 April 2014
It's working. Good to have a smart, bigger screen. My demands are modest and fulfilled. Not a problem so far.

Command Medium Picture Hanging Strips, 17201 4pk (1 Pack of 4 Sets)
Command Medium Picture Hanging Strips, 17201 4pk (1 Pack of 4 Sets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 6 April 2014
The instructions are a little mystical, but they work. I have yet to take them off the wall so don't know if they will damage it or mark it.

The Moral Landscape
The Moral Landscape
by Sam Harris

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 6 April 2014
This review is from: The Moral Landscape (Paperback)
I was disappointed. The prospect of science measured morality would seem as callous as any ideology dealing out justice and fairness etc on one hand and in equal measure injustice. Humanity is too complicated for one size fits all of any type. I believe as long as there is flexibility in whatever system exists, we can inch our way forwards with minor adjustments towards utopia, although we will never get there because wisdom is always overtaken by ignorance. It's a fact of life that as soon as you know everything you need to know, you die. No one ever knows what they need to know before any event, they can only experiment. Look to human nature for the repeated behaviours. Some young people do not want to participate in voting. We could go back to dictatorships in this country if their naievety about democracy has any effect.

The book was academic to the point of boredom and silliness. I usually finish any book just to check there are no hidden gems, but this time I did myself a favour about two thirds of the way through and skimmed the rest. There wen't any hidden gems, but there was loads of evidence.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars What is says on the tin, 6 April 2014
What I wanted when I wanted it. What more can you ask? What more can I say? Very good service

Sadistic Killers: Profiles of Pathological Predators
Sadistic Killers: Profiles of Pathological Predators
by Carol Anne Davis

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadism on a Plate, 19 Aug. 2013
My main interest is 'why'. For some of the people profiled in this book 'why' is a bit threadbare, presumably because their life stories are not well known, but the graphic details of what they did, sparing nothing, were too much for me and I quit the book before reading it all for the two above reasons.

Some of the childhoods didn't seem to bare much relationship to what the perpetrators did - unless being close to your mother can turn people bad. What seems more apparent is that some people turn bad more easily than others, although Carole Anne Davis places a lot of the blame on the terrible treatment a lot of them had suffered. She does make a case for consenting sado masochism as against pure assault but that is not why I read the book.

Through Gypsy Eyes: My Life, The 60s, and Jimi Hendrix
Through Gypsy Eyes: My Life, The 60s, and Jimi Hendrix
by Kathy Etchingham

3.0 out of 5 stars Glad She Wrote It, 19 Aug. 2013
I did enjoy the book, partly because of Kathy's own story and the way she reacts to events and people. There wasn't as much substance in the book about Jimi and their relationship as I had hoped for somehow. I was pleased to find out about all that stuff with the woman who was with Jimi when he died as I'd seen documentaries which had seemed a bit crazy. It was hard to believe he was engaged to such a woman. It did give you a slice of the downside of celebrity and the people it attracts.

Logitech MK260 Wireless Desktop USB Keyboard Mouse Combo
Logitech MK260 Wireless Desktop USB Keyboard Mouse Combo
Offered by Shoplet-UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Something missing, 4 Aug. 2013
The keyboard is good for reach, but it doesn't have a light to tell you whether caps is on which is a nuisance.

Page: 1 | 2