Profile for FastHand > Reviews

Equilibrium
Equilibrium
Price: 13.06

5.0 out of 5 stars TRUE BLUES IT AINT BUT BOY WHAT A GREAT ALBUM, 15 May 2010
This review is from: Equilibrium (Audio CD)
Having heard about Ainsley, and liking blues, as long as it does'nt make you want to slit your wrists like Robert Johnson numbers, I decided to give this a try. Blues it is not, but what a super album. I have now played this a lot and never get tired of listening to it. I can only describe this as Pop/Rock intermingled with some blues riffs, it's great. Ainsley has written every track bar one and if the rest of his song writing is as good as this then I can't wait to hear some more of his music. If you wanted to listen to some loud blues guitar music that's in your face, then Danny Bryant is a must. Give this album a try and I do not think you will be disappointed unless you are an out and out blues purist.

Emotion & Commotion
Emotion & Commotion
Price: 12.12

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful sounds to make you listen and cry, 27 April 2010
This review is from: Emotion & Commotion (Audio CD)
This album is an easy listening late night chill out sound. Yes I loved it but if you're looking for loud guitar twanging sounds then forget it. It's more of a mood album and it depends on how sensitive you are, but it brought tears to my eyes on some of the tracks. Joss Stone is fantastic and she gets better as she matures. Come home late pour a night cap sit back turn the volume up and enjoy, You'll love it. It gets better every time. Enjoy.

Just as I Am
Just as I Am
Price: 10.70

5.0 out of 5 stars blues guitar that's in your face, 8 April 2010
This review is from: Just as I Am (Audio CD)
I listened to "Just As I Am" reluctantly as it was recommended to me. Sometimes recomendations disappoint but boy am I glad that I did. I had just played Joe Bonamassa new CD "Black Rock" which was very good so I half heartedly decided to put on Danny's CD and Wow I was impressed. The guitar playing was loud and in your face probably amps turned up to 11. You could actually hear the guitar being played and not like some guitar players, dare I say it i.e. Clapton and even Bonamassa's latest which seems to me that they're frighted to give the damn thing a good twang. Now Danny is'nt twanging the guitar he plays beautifully and I just had to turn the amp up a few notches. The result of listening to this superb album was that I immediately played it again and then went and ordered all his albums,and have not been disappointed. Get it it's superb and I'm fussy and very critical with my music. Enjoy.

Pocket Guide to the Identification of First Editions
Pocket Guide to the Identification of First Editions
by Bill McBride

1.0 out of 5 stars small book difficult to understand, 29 May 2009
As a novice first editions collector I thought this book would be very interesting and informative. I found it very difficult to under stand in places,and feel that if I did find a book and wanted to know if it were a first edition I would be none the wiser. Maybe to the experienced collector it would be useful or maybe I'm just thick.
And It measures 6x4 is only a phamphlet and I got it cheap at 19, I think not. If your'e an experienced collector it might be useful to you but certainly not to the beginner.

Antiquities from Europe and the Near East: In the Collection of Lord McAlpine of West Green
by Arthur MacGregor

2.0 out of 5 stars not informative enough, 2 Mar 2009
Being new to purchasing stone age axes I was hoping that this book would be more informative. Yes it does have nice pictures,description and sizes but it only tells you where the pieces are from. What would have been helpful would have been where they were found, I.E. "back garden in sussex" for example. May be to the more professional collector this book is informative.Nice pictures though.

Mopping Up Karma
Mopping Up Karma
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 17.95

1.0 out of 5 stars lovely voice pity about the songs, 2 Mar 2009
This review is from: Mopping Up Karma (Audio CD)
I first listened to judith on her album " Happy this way " which I quite liked. I think Judith Owen is influenced by show type songs. I thought her latest album would be more rock influenced but I was very disappointed. One nice ballad, and her piano playing was very pleasant,yes, " pleasant." Overall not for me. I would like to see her singing more folk/rock type numbers as she is very capable of writing some lovely ballads. I shall not be playing it again, sorry Judith.

Brandi Carlile
Brandi Carlile
Price: 8.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Is everyone deaf out there., 1 Mar 2009
This review is from: Brandi Carlile (Audio CD)
Why Is'nt Brandi Carlile better known, what's the matter with everyone out there have you all gone deaf. I gather by now you know I like her a lot, in fact I love her. I have a CD collection of nearly 1000 ranging from early Clapton to Muse. It's very rare that you find an album that you want to play over and over again because every track is superb, well this is one of them, and I Can't play it enough. Brandi has written or co-written all the songs which are all melodic and start with her lovely voice and acoustic guitar and her band joins in with it's rich loud rythmic beat. If I had to recommend a track listen to " again today " but in fairness every track is superb. In fact I'm quite pleased she Is'nt too popular as I can sit back and wallow in the thought that I've found a gem, and she's all mine, but I know it can't last. Don't buy it!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2011 7:13 PM GMT

Performing This Week - Live At Ronnie Scott'S [DVD] [2006]
Performing This Week - Live At Ronnie Scott'S [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Jeff Beck
Price: 14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't stand Jazz but I like this, 1 Mar 2009
This is a predominantly Jazz oriented CD and I can,t stand Jazz as I was brought up as a kid listening to Jeff Beck playing Blues with the Yardbirds at the Marquee club in Soho. However I purchased this CD with caution and lo and behold I love it. It's more Jazz rock, than Jazz, but Jeff produces some great sounds from his guitar. His band Vinnie Colaiuta-drums, Jason Rebello-keyboards, and Tal Wilkenfeld-bass guitar are an excellent tight jelled band. I can,t wait for the DVD to be released in March.Jeffs' Bass guitarist Tal Wilkenfeld is excellent. When I first saw her playing with Jeff at an Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Festival I thought she must be his daughter as she looked so young, I was spellbound as she played with such vigour and dare I say it, some head banging,superb. Oh I nearly forget Jeff is Jeff Beck, amazing guitar sounds,played with soul. I have played this CD several times which I like a lot and would have given it a 5 star if it was'nt for the Jazz element in it, but do'nt be put off, get it, and I think the DVD will be even better. look out for the Beatles number " a day in the life."

Bad For You Baby
Bad For You Baby
Offered by jim-exselecky
Price: 7.15

3.0 out of 5 stars Gary plods along, 1 Mar 2009
This review is from: Bad For You Baby (Audio CD)
Yes Gary moore is a very good guitarist and if you're a " FAN " of his, then, yes you will probably like this predominently 12 bar blues CD. I have only played it once and to be honest it bored me some what. There was no track that stood out, that made you say "yeh it was worth buying for that track alone." Having listened to it it made me go and play " Parisienne walkways," to remind me of the good albums he has made and that in turn made me dig out "BBM" that he recorded with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker. Maybe one day I'll play "Bad for you baby" again but not for a while, sorry Gary.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7