Profile for Mrs. Barbara Halsall > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Barbara H...

Mrs. Barbara Halsall

Page: 1 | 2
Conversations with painters
Conversations with painters
by Noel Barber

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 2 April 2013
I love this book. As an amateur artist it is so nice to listen in to conversations about art, it is so enlightening and fascinating to hear how artists work and what their aspirations are. Noel Barber seemed to ask just the right questions. Great book that I know will remain on my shelf so that I can dip in to it for years to come.

Tchaikovsky: Eugene Onegin
Tchaikovsky: Eugene Onegin

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, 2 April 2013
After seeing Eugene Onegin at the Vue cinema recently for the first time, I wanted to have the music at home, and this CD was just right. It is a lovely album and transported me back into the opera

Kommandant's Girl (MIRA)
Kommandant's Girl (MIRA)
by Pam Jenoff

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting war story, 11 Mar 2013
An enjoyable read, but the heroines seem to fall in love very easily. However the historical side of the story was enlightening

Bradshaw's Guide: The 1866 Handbook Reprinted
Bradshaw's Guide: The 1866 Handbook Reprinted
by George Bradshaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, 11 Mar 2013
I bought this for my husband after watching the Portillo series on the telly. It is nice to have on the coffee table

FAST Shampoo 360 ml and Conditioner 360 ml (Fortified Amino Scalp Therapy)
FAST Shampoo 360 ml and Conditioner 360 ml (Fortified Amino Scalp Therapy)
Offered by Body4Real

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but seems to be good, 11 Mar 2013
I bought this shampoo and conditioner after reading good reviews about the product. I like it very much and my hair does seem to be growing at the moment.

Onegin [DVD] [1999]
Onegin [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Ralph Fiennes

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant DVD, 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: Onegin [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
I bought this film after seeing the opera live from the Royal Opera house at the local Vue cinema. It is a very good film, I enjoyed it.

Seen in Perspective: 1895-1945: A Panorama of 50 Years
Seen in Perspective: 1895-1945: A Panorama of 50 Years
by Percy V Bradshaw

4.0 out of 5 stars An Interesting book, 16 Mar 2012
This was on ok book, I had already purchased Come Sketching by Percy Bradshaw and loved it. Percy had invited his fellow artist friends to comment on their styles which he wrote about and also included illustrations, this book did not have the same effect on me and I didnt read it with the same enthusiasm and it is now sitting on the shelf. Having said that Percy is a good and very interesting writer.

Slower Than Butterflies
Slower Than Butterflies
by Eddie Askew

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Pictures, 17 Feb 2012
I know that Eddie Askew is a very special person and his books and prayers are inspirational but I buy them so that I can enjoy his wonderful paintings and drawings. These are very inspirational for me and I love them

Percy V. Bradshaw invites you to come sketching with Sir Frank Brangwyn
Percy V. Bradshaw invites you to come sketching with Sir Frank Brangwyn
by Percy V. Bradshaw
Edition: Unknown Binding

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for sketchers, 18 Jan 2012
I am in the process of reading this book and it is wonderful. The contributors share invaluable insights into the pleasure of sketching and although they are all very famous and most have been sketching, drawing and painting all their lives, they happily pass on their experiences. For anyone who is mainly self taught and desparate for help and advice this is the book to read.

Rubik's Race
Rubik's Race
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 20 Dec 2011
This review is from: Rubik's Race (Toy)
For anyone who loves rubic cubes, this is a good way of sharing the enjoyment, I cannot say whether it is durable because it is a Christmas gift.

Page: 1 | 2