Profile for Ms Anne McCrossan > Reviews

Content by Ms Anne McCrossan

Ms Anne McCrossan "Annemcx" (London)

The News: A User's Manual
The News: A User's Manual

5.0 out of 5 stars Headline: Information epiphany, 14 Mar 2014
This book is the kind of redux the digital age really needs. It's all you need to know about to how to build cognition out of information overload. Very well played Alain de Botton.

Brazilian Hair Straightening / Blow-Dry Home Keratin Treatment 100ml (COMPLETE KIT)
Offered by Keratin Kits

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great product - works brilliantly, 31 Oct 2013
I used this product this morning. It's quite rare that I'll write a review for something but this is worth it, it really is excellent.

Like others who've explained how they've used it, I followed the instructions to the letter. My hair is very long and has developed a pronounced kink over the last few years coming out of the root and has also got very frizzy to the point of becoming practically unmanageable, but I was able to apply the product as instructed completely by myself, and the whole process from start to finish took just under two hours.

Now my hair is incredible, really sleek and smooth with not a kink or piece of frizz in sight. All I can say is wow.

The only thing worth mentioning is when I was half way through I realised the instructions suggested using some plastic gloves while applying the product. I didn't have any and there weren't any in the pack. I managed to get through the whole thing anyway but it would be a good idea to make sure you have some.

When they say 'use in a well ventilated room' that's because, as I discovered, if you treat your hair and leave it anywhere near your eyes it might make your eyes smart a bit, it did mine, but it wasn't a big deal.

I'll certainly use it again. This product has become a must-have in my bathroom cabinet.

The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly?
The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly?

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book if you want a stake in your future, 20 Jan 2013
I must confess upfront to not being impartial, as I am a big supporter and fan of Seth's work and in particular this project.

That said, Seth Godin is on a mission to do something important with this book. Funded by a Kickstarter initiative, and smashing expectations from the beginning about the success of that, extending well beyond a book into a multimedia and multichannel experience, and as a public art-sharing project, with The Icarus Deception Seth Godin is imploring people to take control of their futures, in a world in which we all very much need to.

The book is an impassioned argument why it's time to question a few fables, and in particular the fables of the industrialised age.

Few people are getting to the core of what's changing in business today in the way Seth Godin does. His vision and passion will inspire you and blow away any cobwebs that may be lurking in your mind as he convinces you that the only way forward is to make a ruckus.

Read this book if you are interested in the future of marketing, of commerce, capitalism and brands, not least your own.

Whisper a Prayer
Whisper a Prayer
Offered by EX DISPLAY STOCK

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious beyond words, 7 Jun 2004
This review is from: Whisper a Prayer (Audio CD)
What a rare and gifted talent this woman is. It's a total travesty that there aren't more albums to her name, and so it's even more important I put in a word for this one. Here Mica treats us to some of the finest female soul vocals I have ever heard. 'You Put a Move on my Heart' alone is worth the cover price; Mica lilts and sways and utterly engrosses with the total allure of her voice. Awesome. 'Love Keeps Coming Back' is another vocal masterpiece. As far as the songs themselves go it's a patchy album, but nevertheless ranks as one of my all time favourites just because it's a chance to hear Mica at work. Completely wonderful.