Profile for eurolass@aol.com > Reviews

Best Women's Erotica 2002
by Marcy Sheiner
Price: 9.83

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very hot, 4 May 2002
I suppose I was looking for something more descriptive.
There's a story called "Schoolgirls Delight" for example. About a woman who goes back to her home town for her parents funeral and encounters the man she once lusted after, to find that she's better off with her battery operated toy.
I agree with the tenor of the story - we all outgrow the men we once fancied. However - it did nothing to turn me on and gave me no helpful or creative suggestions...

U-Boats Offshore: When Hitler Struck America
U-Boats Offshore: When Hitler Struck America
by Edwin Palmer Hoyt

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Stories, 25 April 2002
My father loved this book. It is full of details about real combat in the US Navy - mistakes made and opportunites lost.
A must for every WWII reader

Desire
Desire
by Nicole Jordan
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved the first 2 books but this was a step down, 9 Feb 2002
This review is from: Desire (Mass Market Paperback)
The first two books she wrote were very original (I thought). This was also good but the spice that was in the other two is somehow not as strong.
I can imagine it's difficult to write an original Regency Romance (there are thousand out there) but she managed it twice before.
Perhaps it's the way that the heroine seems less than in charge of her own fate that didn't appeal to me. The hero wasn't really in control of his situation either - I like a completely unreal hero (RR's are complete fantasy to me

In My Wildest Dreams (Governess Brides)
In My Wildest Dreams (Governess Brides)
by Christina Dodd
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 4.78

3.0 out of 5 stars ok but not as good as the others, 9 Feb 2002
I read this and was slightly disappointed. It was basically "Sabrina" (the movie with Bogart and Hepburn or Harrision Ford).
I'm completely additcted to Regency Romances and the lead female characther more whimpy (dispite being the gardeners daughter) than the prveious leads in the series.