Profile for Gemma Wood > Reviews

Content by Gemma Wood

Gemma Wood "mezzatig" (UK)

kipling Womens Syro Shoulder Bag K13163A95 Dazzling Beige
kipling Womens Syro Shoulder Bag K13163A95 Dazzling Beige
Price: 39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Kipling convert, 23 Jun 2014
If you like leather bags this is not for you. It is made of nylon and polyester and I love it. It has a zipped main compartment, zipped inner pockets, a key cord, front pocket with velcro fastening, and of course the cheeky monkey. I can fit loads more into this bag than I ever could with the leather one, which was bigger, and much heavier. It's as light as a feather, washable, and its capacity to hold so many different things is amazing. I will definitely get some more in different colours.

Pedro The Ugliest Dog In The World
Pedro The Ugliest Dog In The World
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Interesting Read, 10 Mar 2013
We love books about dogs, and have just finished The Princess and the Smelly Dog which we thoroughly recommend. This one is completely different, but non the less most enjoyable. It is cleverly written, thought provoking and humorous.

The Princess and the Smelly Dog
The Princess and the Smelly Dog
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 4 Mar 2013
A feel good story without any hidden horrors. If your children like princesses, dogs, magic or adventure, then they'll love this. The illustrations are great also. I very much recommend this book.

Smashwords Style Guide - How to Format Your Ebook (Smashwords Guides 1)
Smashwords Style Guide - How to Format Your Ebook (Smashwords Guides 1)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The essential guide to formatting your ebook, 4 Feb 2013
I consider my knowledge of all things electronic to be very basic. I bought this in the hope I would understand some of it. It is a brilliant book. Very easy to understand, and written in a light hearted style. You won't get bogged down in the detail. There is only one part which is a bit technical, for good reason, but this bit wasn't written by Mark. For anyone thinking of producing an ebook, this is a must. I am sure there are others out there, but for me this is all I need.

Cracking the Short Story Market
Cracking the Short Story Market
by Iain Pattison
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide for beginners, 12 April 2011
As a novice writer, I found this book excellent. It covers all aspects of writing a sellable story, and then tells you how to get it published.

The terminology is easy to understand, and the author has a lovely sense of humour, which is sprinkled throughout. Even if you weren't a writer, this book would inspire you to give it a go.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough. There is more to being a successful writer than being able to write a brilliant story. This book explains the intricacies of going that one step further, and hopefully getting your story published. Good luck.