ARRAY(0xa7cac558)

Profile for Mrs. S. M. Catchpole > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. M. Cat...

Mrs. S. M. Catchpole

Trio Of Poppies Quilt Magic Kit-10"X19"
Trio Of Poppies Quilt Magic Kit-10"X19"
Offered by supermart USA
Price: 24.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware, this isn't what you might expect, 30 Jan 2014
Let me begin by saying this is a really good item, great fun to do and with wonderful, professional results. However, it wasn't at all what I expected when I bought it! I love quilting and was attracted by the picture. But when it arrived, I unpacked a thick sheet of foam and several pieces of fabric. What is this?? There is NO sewing at all in this product. You trace the pieces, cut them out, and then carefully push the edges of each piece down into grooves which are precut into the foam. Really different and very quick, with satisfying results. But a real quilter might be disappointed. I suggest you look at the Quilt Magic site which explains the process. Investigate further before you buy, but don't write it off! A message to Amazon / Quilt Magic - this product needs a description for purchasers.

Lloytron E807 0.8l Rice Cooker
Lloytron E807 0.8l Rice Cooker
Offered by Trendi
Price: 16.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - again!, 22 Oct 2011
We've had three of these. The first lasted a month, the second was used just once, the third only two weeks. Sometimes it wouldn't switch to cook, only warm until we had unplugged it several times. Then we got a plastic burning smell and it died. When it worked, it was fabulous which is why we kept replacing it. We were convinced we were just unlucky. But when the third one died on us... we've had enough!

On An Island Of Dreams
On An Island Of Dreams
Price: 10.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Not ALL their singles!, 3 May 2011
This review is from: On An Island Of Dreams (Audio CD)
I bought this CD in the hope of getting my all time favourite tracks - "Bambino", and its flip side, "Star of Hope". It says ALL their singles are included; it even lists them (with their flip sides) in the text. But guess which one - the only one- isn't there? Star of Hope. It's a fabulous CD, but I am SO disappointed that my favourite has been excluded. Why? Is there a copyright problem with it?
Those two songs are an important part of my childhood. Ah well, such is life I guess!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2011 3:08 PM BST

Breville VCF042 Wake Cup Hot Water Dispenser
Breville VCF042 Wake Cup Hot Water Dispenser
Offered by Electronics and Gadgets Direct Ltd
Price: 48.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Breville wake cup hot - strange taste!, 4 Dec 2010
This is a wonderful machine. I agree with all the comment made by the previous reviewer, although you CAN in fact make a drink at any time, just press the dispense button till it turns red.
HOWEVER - when water is left in the machine overnight, by morning it has taken on a distinctly strange chemical taste which makes the morning cuppa almost undrinkable. We contacted customer services who suggested that it might be residue from the manufacturing process and recommended using a bicarbonate of soda solution in the water for several hours and then rinsing out. I've done this twice, leaving it in all day the second time. It has improved but isn't right yet which is a great pity because in all other respects it is a great machine. But ultimately, the taste of the end product is the important thing and if it means using fresh water in the morning in order to avoid the tast, then it somewhat defeats the object.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2013 10:15 PM BST

The Piano Album
The Piano Album

3.0 out of 5 stars The Piano Album - aka "My Favourite Things", 28 July 2010
This review is from: The Piano Album (Audio CD)
Great Album, two CDs of glorious playing BUT CD 1 is identical to his earlier album entitled "My Favourite Things". What a swizz! Be warned.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2012 12:44 PM GMT

Imperia Italian Double Cutter Pasta Machine
Imperia Italian Double Cutter Pasta Machine
Price: 46.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Unidentified objject!!!, 10 Jan 2010
Another satisfied customer. This machine is amazing. BUT, can any one identify the metal 'tray' that came in the box? It isn't mentioned in the box contents list and I can't see it in any of the photos. It is a very specific shape, with a small cut out on one side and looks as if it should somehow attach to the machine, possibly to support the lasagna as it comes out from the rollers. But I can't see any way to attach it.
Any help gratefully received.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2010 6:57 PM BST