Profile for Aldebaran > Reviews

Windows 2000 Pro: The Missing Manual
Windows 2000 Pro: The Missing Manual
by Sharon Crawford

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Dummies series., 6 Dec. 2012
Yes, I still run Win 2K on one of my computers. This manual in my opinion was better written than the Dummies books, a lot more informative and more user friendly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2013 12:05 PM GMT

New Tricks Series 9 [DVD]
New Tricks Series 9 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alun Armstrong

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on the earlier series, 6 Dec. 2012
This review is from: New Tricks Series 9 [DVD] (DVD)
Having watched all of the New Tricks series from episode 1 ot the first series I did not like the ninth Series for the following reasons:- The sound track was not impressive being either too loud or too quiet. The light levels were too dark, compared with the earlier series and the plots were too way out to be realistic. My opinion - New tricks should have been knocked on the head as Hustle did in this case after the seventh series. If the next series does not improve then I for one will not watch/purchase it!

Firebird: An Alex Benedict Novel
Firebird: An Alex Benedict Novel
by Jack McDevitt

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to his usual standard., 5 Dec. 2012
Edited, Do not take any notice of the plot summary on the book's rear cover as it bears very little relation to the actual plot. I wonder if some of these writers ever read the book!
Although disappointed with the book the first time around and after almost consigning it to the wastebin, being at a loose end on a wet holiday, decided to give it another go. I was of the opinion that the plot involved parallel universes but this turned out to be time travel from the past into the future. The book did not hold my attention as much as some of the Authors other works, but all the same it was a better read than other Authors I have read.

Flash Gordon [DVD]
Flash Gordon [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sam Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film, 5 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Flash Gordon [DVD] (DVD)
A real "Shoot 'em up" wild western Space adventure. I bought the VHS version years ago but now my tape player is defunct I have now bought this DVD edition. Bored? Depressed? Watch this for the 107 minutes and see if it makes a difference!

Troubleshooting & Maintaining Your PC All-in-One For Dummies
Troubleshooting & Maintaining Your PC All-in-One For Dummies
by Dan Gookin

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 5 Dec. 2012
I obtained a lot of useful information from this book. Having had several unexplained crashes with Win XP, Windows 7 and even Win 2K I was able to solve all of the problems some of which in the past even "System Restore" was unable to cure. I found that much of the advice even worked with Windows 2000 which I still use as a Server. I particularly liked the "System File Checker" which works on all of the aforementioned operating systems and which a colleague of mine who professes to fix computers had never even heard of.

LAMP LIGHT SOCKET CONVERTER BAYONET B22-E27 SCREW
LAMP LIGHT SOCKET CONVERTER BAYONET B22-E27 SCREW
Offered by LTZmart

4.0 out of 5 stars Does an excellent job, 5 Dec. 2012
This item was purchased to replace the bayonet type of lamp fitting with Edison screw lamps. In most cases I had no problems with fitting the converter but a couple of surrounds on the existing pendant fitting were rather tight which necessitated some work to the surrounds with a junior hacksaw. This was in no way attributable to the converter. As I am now intending to change all of my lamps to the "Daylight" variety and find that bayonet types of lamp for this form of lighting seem to be becoming rare to obtain these converters should solve all of my problems.

Out Of The Shadows (The Adams Family)
Out Of The Shadows (The Adams Family)

4.0 out of 5 stars "A pleasant read", 5 Dec. 2012
My wife purchased this book (she now has the complete set of the Adams family) and enjoyed the series. No explicit sex or violence rather in the style of the 60's and 70's she says. The Adams family are she tells me rather "Too Good to be True" as they never seem to have any major arguments. But still worth reading if you like that sort of thing.

A Girl Next Door: An Adams Family Saga Novel (The Adams Family)
A Girl Next Door: An Adams Family Saga Novel (The Adams Family)

4.0 out of 5 stars "A pleasant read", 5 Dec. 2012

A Sign Of The Times (The Adams Family)
A Sign Of The Times (The Adams Family)

4.0 out of 5 stars "A pleasant read", 5 Dec. 2012

The Soldier's Girl (The Adams Family)
The Soldier's Girl (The Adams Family)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7