Profile for Aldebaran > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
walimex T2 Adapter for Olympus OM
walimex T2 Adapter for Olympus OM

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product., 13 May 2015
I purchased this adapter for my 'Walimex' 500 mm mirror lens to fit to my Olympus OM40 as well as my E-420. No problems with fitting everything alines up OK. A good buy.

Opteka 500mm f/8 HD High Definition Telephoto Mirror Lens for Olympus EVOLT E-5, E-3, E-30, E-620, E-610, E-520, E-510, E-500, E-450, E-420, E-410, E-400, E-330 and E-300 Digital SLR Cameras
Offered by 47th Street Photo

3.0 out of 5 stars Lens cap fell out, as did filters, 28 April 2015
The lens itself was OK and produced some good photos so no problems there. However and it is a big 'However' the thread on the front of the lens body appeared to be non-standard in respect that non of my filters fitted properly. Even the 'Opteka' lens cap as well as my UV filter and ND2 and ND4 filters would not tighten and fell out regularly. It was possible to actually PUSH (apologies) the lens cap on to the lens body with very little force without actually screwing. As I like to have a UV filter over the front of the lens to prevent damage this was not a lot of use! I do not like the rear screw-in filters as with the lens adapter to camera body in place they are very fiddly to remove or install prefering the filters on the lens front. Otherwise it would have been worth 5-stars but I feel it's a case of spoiling the ship for a ha'porth of tar!
(Edited).
I checked the maximum and minimum internal diameters of the thread with the aid my Vernier caliper with reference to my 'Machinery's Handbook' and the actual engagement between the female thread (Max internal Dia.)of the lens thread and the Min. external Dia. of the male filter thread gave only a fit of 0.15mm or in Imperial 6 thousands of an inch! No wonder that the filters would not screw into the lens body and lock. Reluctantly I have returned the 'Opteka' lens for a refund, it took some good pictures, all right if you don't use a lens protector. My ha'porth of tar comment still stands!

The Friendly Swede Bundle of 2 Long Camera / Camcorder Neck Shoulder Straps Belt - Length Approximately 36" + Cleaning Cloth in Retail Packaging (Long - Black/Red + Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 22 April 2015
A good well-made product for the price. Looks to be hard wearing.

Olympus E-420 DSLR Camera With 14-42 mm & 40-150mm lenses
Olympus E-420 DSLR Camera With 14-42 mm & 40-150mm lenses

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for., 22 April 2015
I have owned and used Olympus SLR's for over 30 years and still own (and use regularly) two OM 40's, one colour one monochrome plus my original OM 10. I also have a 'Point and Shoot' Canon Powershot so I am not new to the Digital Camera but decided to go for something more advanced which my budget could afford. The E-420 looked good as it would also accept my Olympus lenses (Who needs Autofocus anyway?)
The camera was advertised as 'Very Good' which it was. In fact I am of the opinion that the previous owner had hardly used it. I could not find any external marks i.e. scratches ir scuff marks and even the camera strap appeared to be in VG condition. The camera does everything that I want it to, so for the price I consider it a very good buy, especially as it came with a 90 day warranty.
After three weeks of using the E-420 I am quite taken with it but (And it is a 'but') Anyone (capital intended) can get good pics with a DSLR the skill comes with the 35 mm SLR, not that I don't appreciate the E-420.
I don't intend throwing my Analogue cameras away but the DSLR will certainly fill a few gaps mainly because at least I don't have to wait a fortnight for my films to be developed!
Any comments on the above would be appreciated.

Ex-Pro 72 mm ND 3 Piece Filter Kit with Case
Ex-Pro 72 mm ND 3 Piece Filter Kit with Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Better solution than internal filters., 22 April 2015
I purchased a set of these filters for my 500mm mirror lens as the internal filters are 'fiddly' to install, not only that but the lens has to be removed to change them. The 72mm filters can be changed without removing the lens from the camera - far more convenient.

JSP 72mm UV Ultraviolet Filter Lens Protect For Canon Nikon Sony Tamron Sigma Pentax Panasonic Fuji
Offered by eHome

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 22 April 2015
Purchased two of these for my Olympus E-420 as a lens protection. Better to damage this filter than the actual lens and a lot cheaper!

The Design and Development of the Hawker Hunter: The Creation of Britain's Iconic Jet Fighter
by Tony Buttler

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended reading, 22 April 2015
As an ex-Hawker apprentice in the 1950's I founnd the book fascinating. There were things in the book that I had no Knowledge of. Recommended reading for any Hawker 'Hunter' enthusiasts.

GEM GEM1013OLY Shoulder case Blue,Grey - camera cases (Shoulder case, Olympus, E600, E520, E510, E420, E410, E330, E3, Hand, Shoulder strap, Blue, Grey, 200 x 130 x 150 mm)
Offered by GEM Bags & Cases

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 22 April 2015
Well made camera bag with just enough room for my camera and zoom lens. Enough pockets for spare batteries and CF card as well as cleaning kit.

America
America

5.0 out of 5 stars Novel Version, great sound., 14 Mar. 2015
This review is from: America (MP3 Download)
A novel version of an older Simon and Garfunkel song, performed in the classic 'Yes' style. Heard this originally on 'Yesterdays' and again on CD version of 'Fragile' but disc damaged so downloaded. Great if you are into 'Yes'

Fifties Frillies No. 09 (Fifties Frillies Series)
Fifties Frillies No. 09 (Fifties Frillies Series)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed!, 1 Mar. 2015
Rather shabby production. Photos very amatuerish, could have done better myself and did!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8