Profile for John (a buyer at Amazon) > Reviews

Content by John (a buyer ...

John (a buyer at Amazon) "jschof" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Maypole 7418 8A Battery Charger 12V
Maypole 7418 8A Battery Charger 12V

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value product, 16 Jun. 2014
Have had mine nearly 2 years now - never missed a beat! Only thing I could suggest to the makers is that they have a "battery full" light or something similar, rather than just relying on the dial, as it's not easy to judge if charging is complete. Does the job for me though! Just about to buy a second one as I have a lot of batteries to keep recharging!!

StopWatch & Timer
StopWatch & Timer

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok but could do better, 26 May 2013
This review is from: StopWatch & Timer (App)
Potentially useful little app but has a few limitations and problems:

1) there should be an option for an audible beep when starting and stopping and also for lap time presses;

2) the reset button is too easy to hit and resets the counter without checking that you really want to do this - either have a check "ok/cancel" box or at least move it to a part of the screen where you're not pressing for lap times;

3) there should be an option to save the lap times to a file of some description which you could then access via a spreadsheet

It also needs to store your settings from a previous session - e.g. I turned voice prompt off but the next time I started the app I had to unset that again. Otherwise I can see that it will have some uses in a non-critical environment e.g. when you're doing a timed workout or something.

For something time-critical such as actually using it for timekeeping, unfortunately it's not at all accurate. I compared it against a dedicated stopwatch and found that after 5 minutes, it was running slow by 4.5 seconds. Not really near enough to be useful in a situation where you need accuracy over a period of time. Sorry developer - you need to keep working on this one!

My Alarm Clock - Wake up to the digital alarm clock app with sleep timer and current weather conditions

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value product, 24 April 2013
Simple to use and a decent little app. I think this is a worthwhile addition for the kindle. Easy to see across the room as well.

Newton Hornet 5x50 Night Vision Monocular
Newton Hornet 5x50 Night Vision Monocular

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 14 Sept. 2012
This is a good little item - fits easily into hand luggage when travelling abroad. I used it a few times whilst in Kenya recently and no problem with batteries. No info on how to connect to pc and what cables etc to use so this info would be useful as it would be handy to be able to record what you see wthout having to work it all out for yourself! As it was in my hand luggage, it also generated a lot of interest at Schiphol airport security on the way back - I think they thought it was a telescopic sight for a sniper rifle or something!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2012 11:22 PM BST

Forget Ep
Forget Ep

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction, 14 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Forget Ep (Audio CD)
Good introduction to Lianne la Havas - don't buy it if you intend to buy the current album though as it's basically the same, although live stuff which is interesting. Worth a couple of quid though just the same.

Stages
Stages

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy listening?, 14 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Stages (Audio CD)
Melanie C is one of my favourite artists (well, since the Spice Girls folded anyway) and I've always thought there was something a bit different about her and her voice. If you want more of the usual Mel C stuff, this isn't the album for you. If you're in a mood to chill and maybe even sing along, then this one hits the spot! It does it for me anyway!! Mind you, I'm also looking forward to getting my hands on the Carly Rae Jepsen and Pink albums next week too, so maybe I'm a bit of a mixed up chap!!

Komputerbay 32GB Class 10 SDHC Ultra High Speed Memory Card - Read 20MB/s Write 15MB/s with USB Reader
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little card!, 2 May 2012
Delivery of this item was prompt and as advertised. There's not much you can say about a memory card except that i got this for my hd camcorder and it appears to work satisfactorily. I don't know all the technical stuff about read and write speeds and so on but the results are perfectly ok with the camera that I have (a Sanyo) so I'd have no issues with getting another of these cards. The price was very reasonable too.

80mm Cable tidy grommet silver port
80mm Cable tidy grommet silver port

4.0 out of 5 stars ok product, 12 Nov. 2011
This does the job fine but the fit is a bit slack in an 80mm hole! Also the amount of cables you could get through is restricted because of the design, but as a cheap and cheerful solution, it does the job. Looks pretty neat too.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 12 Nov. 2011
I bought the 3 pack - my two daughters have one each and I have the other. Everyone who sees them wants one!! Have lasted nearly a year so far or constant use on the landing so highly recommended!

Omron Intellisense M7 Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with Multi Cuff
Omron Intellisense M7 Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with Multi Cuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and does the job!, 17 July 2007
Having recently suffered a heart attack I though a monitor such as this would be a useful guide to recovery. I decided against the wrist-type as being potentially more inaccurate and went for this model because the British Hypertension Society site seems to indicate that this brand is generally well-regarded.

On delivery, it was simple to unpack and set up. Operation is a doddle and the monitor readings seem pretty accurate (I had a hospital check up the same day and the BP readings were in the same area as on this monitor) so I'm happy with this purchase as representing good value for money (although bought from a marketplace seller as £30 cheaper than the Amazon price).

I think I could safely recommend this to anyone contemplating such a purchase.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2011 9:31 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2