Profile for Mrs. V. A. L. Sotiropoulos > Reviews

Content by Mrs. V. A. L. ...

Mrs. V. A. L. Sotiropoulos (uk)

Around the Corner Crochet Borders
Around the Corner Crochet Borders
by Edie Eckman

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 27 May 2010
I agree with the above review. I just love this book beautiful patterns and easy to follow instructions. And easy for uk crocheters too. I shall use it again and again and I love the flower borders too! It is easy to follow and has charts as well as the written instructions and though it is a small book it is packed with useful information. I love edie eckman books too. They are always easy to follow with lovely designs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2014 5:55 PM BST

201 Crochet Motifs, Blocks, Projects and Ideas
201 Crochet Motifs, Blocks, Projects and Ideas
by Melody Griffiths

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful motifs and unusual, 2 Mar. 2010
This a wonderful book in uk termology and the motifs are so unusual I love the house motif, also the little boat and unusual squares and shapes some lovely projects too and a beautiful blazing star made out of triangles that can be made for throws blankets etc.There is a tiger a lion a little scottie dog, sheep , cow, pig , fish , siamese cat, loads of inspiration and also for first time crocheters too there is a stitch reference at the back. And some lovely lace motifs and flower motifs too and a butterfly motif. also a little ladybird on a leaf, 2 hearts and tree motifs how to make a cape with some of the motifs a baby jacket a scarf also cushions, 3 tops, baby hats, a throw ,a small bag and other ideas great value for money. This is the best book I have for crochet.There is a grape motif and a christmas tree a star and the alfabet is fabulous and easy! There is hexagons ,paisly motifs and unusual shapes just love this book!And also projects for cards as well.

Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs
Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs
by Edie Eckman
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful and inspiring, 9 Sept. 2009
Love this book the motifs are so easy and so useful for all sorts of items. And also there are ideas inside how to use the motifs and there are so many motifs too!

Crochet Bouquet: Easy Designs for Dozens of Flowers
Crochet Bouquet: Easy Designs for Dozens of Flowers
by Suzann Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful and inspiring!, 9 Sept. 2009
Beautiful book the flowers are exsquisite. Yet very easy I have many crochet flower books but this is the best one I found Crochet Bouquet: Easy Designs for Dozens of Flowers and there are loads of patterns and so much inspiration!. Also there is a website address inside of the authors own blog. where readers of her book can crochet alongs and get help about any of the patterns in the book! The leaves are fantastic too
and also there are ideas of how to use the flowers for appliques etc beautiful yet simple to make.I shall buy the next book from Suzann Thompson too.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 10 Aug. 2009
I have taken these on and off for 10 years they are much better than ordinary iron tablets and they help so much I used to take them because I had heavy periods. But sometimes I still get tired every so often I just take a few about 4 a month and the tiredness goes. I really reccomend these.

Praying the Jesus Prayer Together: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have Mercy on Me a Sinner
by Simon Barrington-Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 6 April 2009
This is so very inspiring and very spiritual has helped me to pray especially when I am very low. And gave me new spiritual insight. wonderful!

280 Crochet Shell Patterns
280 Crochet Shell Patterns
by Darla Sims

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful book, 6 April 2009
I love this book it has so many lovely beautiful stitches.I have made some lovely things using the stitches in this book. And very good value .I shall use it again many times.

Irish Crochet Lace: Motifs from County Monaghan
Irish Crochet Lace: Motifs from County Monaghan
by Eithne D'Arcy

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice book, 6 April 2009
This is a very nice book and very good value. Only one thing I did not like is that it did not explain how to do the filling in between motifs. But the patterns were very pretty and I liked the cross pattern as they are difficult to find in other irish crochet books.
But it was worth buying.