Profile for Jojo P > Reviews

Content by Jojo P

Jojo P "munderay" (Scotland UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Vow of Compassion
Vow of Compassion

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite right, 1 July 2015
This review is from: Vow of Compassion (Kindle Edition)
Have now read all these books. Initially very good but latter stories felt rushed and lots of factual mistakes with reference to England and English life and things. I found it very annoying.
However the plots were good and I did enjoy them.

Deadly Magic (Grace Holliday Cozy Mystery Book 1)
Deadly Magic (Grace Holliday Cozy Mystery Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars There were a lot of people and relationships to get my head around but the plot was pretty good. I did guess the baddie before t, 6 May 2015
Pleasantly surprised. There were a lot of people and relationships to get my head around but the plot was pretty good. I did guess the baddie before the end but it didn't really spoil the story. Well written and certainly entertaining. Kind of book you would take on holiday or long journeys or, as in my case, read in bed before lights out. Sounds as if the heroine repeatedly gets herself into mysteries and other scrapes and it was good enough to make me think about reading another.

Quest Rice Cooker, 1.8 Litre, 700 Watt
Quest Rice Cooker, 1.8 Litre, 700 Watt

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 25 April 2015
Ordered on 22nd April arrived 24th April. No problems with delivery then. :-)
Was slightly amazed at the size. Was expecting a dinky little pot but 1.8ltres doesn't mean a great deal to me being an ol' fashioned gal. This was very large by my standards. (Bigger than a large Prestige Pressure cooker) For a family it would be good but for two it would, I feel, be a tad too big. So I cooked a batch and froze it in portions.
Comes with instruction book, small measuring cup and a spiffy little ......spoon (!!!)
Please note the list/table for measurements in the instruction book is not accurate. I used 2 cups of dry rice and you definitely need more than 2 cups of water or it will boil dry. The usual amount is twice water to rice and I went with that.
Operating is very simple. Came to boil very quickly and took around half an hour to cook.
The biggest DOWNER is it makes one HELLUVA mess whilst its cooking. I guess that might well put you off buying it. I don't know if its a design fault or what. I'd be interested to see other cookers to see how much mess they create. After it had finished it was a big clean up job all round. The cooker itself is very easy to clean so no problem there (tho the rice had stuck a bit to the bottom) but the area in my kitchen around where I cooked it needed a total wash down. Just as well I will only be doing one batch now and again.....!!!
I got this because I have a habit of putting rice on to cook and going into another room and forgetting about it. (After 40yrs husband is superb at cleaning burnt saucepans...!!!) With this you can leave it and it turns itself off and just steams away keeping rice hot..... apparently....
Id go with an EXTRA cup of water next time tho to maybe prevent the sticking to the bottom of the pan.
2 cups of dry rice with 4-5 cups of water yields 700g or cooked rice. I portioned them up into 100g so a quick thaw and its ready to go.
Don't know that I'd recommend it on account of the awful mess it made but the rice was tickety boo and tho I have yet to trust it to turn itself off it will certainly be okay for my dearly beloved and me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2015 4:49 PM BST

Soul Identity
Soul Identity

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally converted, 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Soul Identity (Kindle Edition)
Damn good story. Off to a quirky start before it hooks you and reels you in. Couldnt put it down. Looking forward to reading the next book.

The Trail of the Pointy Toed Pyjama Thief
The Trail of the Pointy Toed Pyjama Thief
by Pauline James-Paterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a clever wee book, 21 Aug. 2014
Bought one each for all the grandkids!! Brilliant wee book. Love the pictures and all the 'extras' along the way. So clever that the story is in poetry too. Will look out for more books by this author.

Cold Case (A Jeff Resnick Mini Mystery) (A Jeff Resnick Mystery)
Cold Case (A Jeff Resnick Mini Mystery) (A Jeff Resnick Mystery)

1.0 out of 5 stars waaaaat!!!, 4 May 2014
Cant believe this is classed as a "book"!!! Barely got into it before it had finished. Feel extremely cheated. Not happy at all.

101 best jokes
101 best jokes

1.0 out of 5 stars awful, 21 Oct. 2013
This review is from: 101 best jokes (Kindle Edition)
If this is the best I would hate to read the worst!!!
Didnt laugh once. Possibly the most unfunny joke book ever.
:-(

Kärcher WV60 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum Kit
Kärcher WV60 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum Kit
Offered by Diystore

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as brilliant as I thought, 21 Jun. 2013
Reviews for this product were really good. You can certainly nip round and wash all the windows and hoover up the wet in record time. Did the whole house in about half an hour. BUT..... lots of streaks. The concept is brilliant but could not do it without leaving streaks. Find it is better if I wipe the rubber 'blade' each time with a cloth. But still leaves streaks. Tried it slowly then fast. Still leaves streaks. Tried different solutions. Still leaves streaks. Tried firm stroke and gentle stroke. Still leaves streaks. Guess I dont have the knack. I think its rather a lot of money for what it is. Had it worked really well I would have said it is probably worth it. I tend to use it every morning in the bathroom for mopping up condensation and find it very handy but still leaves streaks on the the shower screen and mirror. Guess I will have to live with that.

OXO Good Grips Microfibre Extendable Duster
OXO Good Grips Microfibre Extendable Duster

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 21 Jun. 2013
Great bit of kit. Use it daily for dusting ceilings, skirting boards, walls and surfaces. Love the bendy top bit and extendable handle. Strong and sturdy. Dont have to bend down or climb up stepladders. Great that the fluffy bit can be washed too. My feather duster was pretty grim after a few months and couldnt be washed so had to be binned. So worth every penny and would thoroughly recommend.

66fit Professional Inversion Table
66fit Professional Inversion Table

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 21 Jun. 2013
Nowhere near as good as was hoped. Very uncomfortable. Problems still exist. Severe back problems, knee problems. No different. Was so hoping after reading all the reviews that it would be the thing that actually worked where nothing else has. Now have a large contraption that is useless and taking up a lot of space, to try and get rid of.
Offers anybody...???