Profile for Sleepyvlondie > Reviews

Lyme Disease and Modern Chinese Medicine
Lyme Disease and Modern Chinese Medicine
by Dr. QingCai Zhang

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Jun 2014
I was excited to receive this book. It was in very good condition, looks new.

Dr Zhang explains very simply but thoroughly the differences between western medicine and traditional chinese medicine and how they differ in their approach to chronic illnesses like Lyme Disease.he has developed 'the Zhang Protocol' which uses modern chinese medicine (taking the principles of traditional chinese medicine [tcm] and using some of the advances in western medicine to develop [MCM])

Western medicine has failed many of us who suffer from chronic Lyme Disease. Dr Zhang explains how MCM can help Lyme Disease sufferers and also explains that his MCM approach is much, much cheaper than the western medicine approach.

Zhang Yimou's - Blood Simple
Zhang Yimou's - Blood Simple
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars A strangely funny film, 14 April 2014
It is a strange film. I thought it was going to be a bit like Kung Fu Hustle, but is isn't quite as funny. But I also couldn't predict how it would end so it had me intrigued.
To be honest, I watched it to practice my Chinese language skills. I'm not that good yet so I need the English sub-titles. I was far more interested in following the dialogue and missed some of the visuals.

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful movie, 14 April 2014
I've seen this before. I actually have the DVD but no DVD player. But I do have a smart tv. So it was worth spending a few pounds to see this film again. It really is beautiful. It shows a way of life so very different to mine. Set in the 1970s. I'm English and spent my summers busking in the south of France. We took electricity, education, indoor plumbing, television, public transport: all these things we took for granted. This film follows two young men sent to the countryside for 're-education'. Nowadays we think with horror of the idea of the chinese re-education, and yet how could the educated classes ever know about the lives of the poor countryside labourers if they stayed in their comfortable homes. So we see the lives of the common country folk.

WearAll - Ladies Long Sleeve Pocket Cardigan Womens Top - Navy Blue - 16 / 18
WearAll - Ladies Long Sleeve Pocket Cardigan Womens Top - Navy Blue - 16 / 18
Offered by Uptown Girl Fashion

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice looking cardigan, 28 Mar 2014
This cardigan was very small but I have given it four stars because it is a nice looking little cardigan. I have given it to my size 10 friend and she loves it.

Carlaverde High Heel Mule with Interlink & Stud Detail 123 094 - Black Size 7 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Redcommended, 28 Mar 2014
I have terribly difficult feet. I am 'wearing these sandals in'. I'm having to wear socks. It takes me months to know whether footwear will actually be comfortable to use. These look promising. A friend recommended them to me, so fingers crossed.

Chineasy: The New Way to Read Chinese
Chineasy: The New Way to Read Chinese
by ShaoLan

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 28 Mar 2014
This book helps me to learn Chinese characters. It helps of remember the characters with great visuals.
It lost a star because it sometimes seems more interested in looking good and arty layout than in being clear. For example it's not easy to read print n brown pages (but not many brown pages). Tone numbers are rather small.
But I wish this book had been around when I first started learning characters.

Chinese Breeze Graded Reader Series: Level 1: 300 Word Level - I Really Want to Find Her
by Yuehua Liu

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 Mar 2014
I have just finished reading this. I would have given 5stars but the attached cd is in mp3 format Suomi have been unable to play it.
It is great to be able to actually read something in Chinese. This is a great idea.

Chinese Breeze Graded Reader Series: Level 1: 300 Word Level - Whom Do You Like More?
by Yuehua Liu

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 28 Mar 2014

Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Curly Haired Company: Mandarin Companion Graded Readers: Level 1, Simplified Chinese Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 28 Mar 2014
This book is good for my confidence. I get bored just studying all the time, or having to read kiddies' stories. This book uses the most common words and also gives translations of some more difficult words.
I would love to have more books like this.

Official Examination Papers of HSK Level 1 2012
Official Examination Papers of HSK Level 1 2012
by Confucius Hanban

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 28 Mar 2014
The booklet looked very thorough and gave examples of previous papers. Unfortunately the cd was an mp3cd and I could not play it on my cd player so I cannot say whether the recordings were any good

Page: 1 | 2 | 3