Profile for A. Gill > Reviews

Baleaf Mens Short Sleeve Cycling Jersey Fantastic Style XL
Baleaf Mens Short Sleeve Cycling Jersey Fantastic Style XL
Offered by BaleafSports

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 8 July 2014
Good deal as you get a pair of padded cycling shorts too.

This is a 'small' XL, it is tighter than the Altura top I have... Both around the body and around the sleeve (I don't have bulky biceps, but neither do I look like I take part in the Tour!!)

Like the random pattern as I am allergic to wearing 'team' colours.

Sterling Locks Medium Key Minder 2 Secure Key Storage Box
Sterling Locks Medium Key Minder 2 Secure Key Storage Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
K

NEW TRUESHOPPING HAND POWERED CYLINDER LAWNMOWER WITH SCISSOR ACTION AND 30CM CUTTING WIDTH
Offered by Trueshopping Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Cuts really well, set quite low... ..., 8 July 2014
Cuts really well, set quite low... The box wobbles quite a bit, it's not that fixed.

Even cuts long grass (with a few strokes)

Wacom Bamboo Stylus Solo 2 - Black
Wacom Bamboo Stylus Solo 2 - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Nib too soft, 7 April 2014
This looked like a fine nib, which is what I was looking for, and it is, but the nib is too soft and I ordered the firm nibs at the same time, unfortunately the firm nibs don't fit

Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Body Wash 250ml
Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Body Wash 250ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fragrance, 7 April 2014
I really like this body wash that comes in little bottles if you check into a Hilton hotel!!

Does seem quite expensive, but you don't need that much :-)

Wacom Bamboo Stylus Pocket Replacement Nibs (Pack of 3) - ACK-20601
Wacom Bamboo Stylus Pocket Replacement Nibs (Pack of 3) - ACK-20601

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T FIT Bamboo stylus solo, 7 April 2014
I bought the 'firm' nibs as I wanted a finer control for writing on my iPad. I saw that people frequently bought the solo and firm nibs together, unfortunately, this is not the case and they aren't any firmer than the one that came with it Solo.

:-(

Bicycle Cycle Bike Mount with Hard Tough Waterproof Case for the Apple iPhone 4 / 4G, Black & White Editions
Offered by UltimateAddons-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Robust, 2 Jan 2014
Well it worked well for the 1 time I used it, but I don't know if it fell off in the car park after the sportive, or in my garage and I can't find it, but I don't have it anymore, which is a shame.

A

BestDealUK Waterproof Bicycle Bike Motor Navigation Mount System Holder for iPhone 4 4S
Offered by Digital Save UK Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 2 Jan 2014
A bit thin and tin tack. But the main reason for getting a refund was that it wouldn't fit around the bars on my Trek bike

:-(

Prostar Geo T Baselayer - Black - Extra Large
Prostar Geo T Baselayer - Black - Extra Large

5.0 out of 5 stars As soon as I put it on, I loved it..., 2 Jan 2014
Wow... I admit I guessed on the size, but this is just what a base layer should be, firm hold, figure 'holding' rather than compressing... And long too, I'm 6'6" but this covers my behind as well, without being stretched...

I bought this for cycling, but I'm definitely taking it skiing this weekend :-)

No restriction on forward arm movements,so will be good for cycling and in the tuck going down those long runs.

Am about to order another, so I've always got one handy.

Transitions:  Managing Your Own Healthcare: What Every Teen with an LSD Needs to Know
Transitions: Managing Your Own Healthcare: What Every Teen with an LSD Needs to Know
by Dawn A Laney MS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book... (NB. is written for US audience), 20 Dec 2013
As a Physician working for a Pharmaceutical company involved in LSDs (That get's my conflict of interest out of the way). I would like to say that this book is really great.

Please note, that although it is available on the UK Amazon site, it has been written with the US market in mind... Clearly healthcare in the US is based on an insurance model and that colours the way people have to think about their health, especially if they have a chronic condition and even more so if it is one as rare as a Lysosomal Storage Disease (LSD- NB. nothing to do with mind altering Lysergic Acid diethylamide).

In the UK, LSDs are generally managed by specialised centres (there are 7 in England, 1 in Wales, one in NI and the situation is becoming clearer in Scotland!). What this means is that a patient with an LSD will not have to worry about whether the treatment will be paid for, as it is funded centrally by the NHS.

However, the concept of Transition is clearly an important one for any patient, irrespective of their nationality, diagnosed as a child, who grows to be an adult as the provision of healthcare services for adults and children is considerably different.
This book would also be useful for parents, carers, family and friends of a young person growing up with an LSD so they can understand the challenges faced by the young person.

APG