Profile for rach > Reviews

Content by rach

rach

How Long Will I Love You (Official BBC Children In Need Single 2013)
How Long Will I Love You (Official BBC Children In Need Single 2013)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Song, 15 Dec 2013
Enough said really, she has a lovely voice plus its for a good cause. If you want to contribute to children in need and haven't already, buy this song!

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by RAREWAVES
Price: 33.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, engaging and loads of fun!, 30 Jan 2012
Having never played the original game, the story line was completely new to me so I had no prejudgments when playing. I still haven't finished, but so far I love it. Some people complain that the 3D creates a feeling of fake depth, you only have to switch of the 3D to see what a difference it really makes in this game. The graphics are bright and smooth looking, with added detail from the original game (having seen comparison screen shots) especially in the water levels. It has thr right mix between being challenging and fun, with all the usual zelda puzzles.

One problem I did have is with the controls, they can be fiddly and awkward at times. You use the left shoulder button to target enemies and items/look around using the gyro sensor in the console (something which I have never understood in a console which has such a small sweet spot for the 3D effect). This would be a nice feature to explore your surroundings better if it wasn't quite so clumsy and the auto targetting seems to have some priority issues.

I wouldn't let the problems put you off buying this game, it is way better than any other zelda game on the ds so far and really is a must if you are going to own any 3D games.

Cooking Mama 3 (Nintendo DS)
Cooking Mama 3 (Nintendo DS)
Offered by clickforgamesltd
Price: 13.29

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice little pick up and play., 12 Jan 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Having had cooking mamma 1, I quite like the series of games. Most of all because of the ease of just picking up this game and getting straight into it, you can either do a few recipes then put it down or sit there for hours playing through it. It is very similar to the original game (even down to the occasional unresponsiveness of the touch screen controls) except with the addition of a few extra mini games, but to be quite honest they don't add much to the overall gameplay as the actual cooking is still the most fun part. Although this game is aimed at a younger audience, I still managed to find some of the recipes challenging even after a few attempts. Being able to customise your outfit and kitchen equipments add a bit more of a personal touch (especially recently over christmas when i noticed festive change of background and outfit). All in all, the third installment has retained what made the original game interesting and added some new features which will be appreciated by the younger audience.

BaByliss 2337U Wave Envy Hair Styler
BaByliss 2337U Wave Envy Hair Styler
Price: 33.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant styling tool, 11 Jan 2012
After seeing various people with crimped hair and getting vague flashbacks to my childhood where I had a babyliss all-in-one hair styling thing I decided that I wanted to revive the "beachy" wave look. At first I attempted to plait my hair but this has not worked very well since I had my hair cut to around shoulder length. After seeing this product in shops at first, I thought I would give them a try. The package arrived pretty quickly (as they usually do with amazon) and I was so excited I decided to try them out straight away.

My verdict...they are absolutly brilliant! They are so easy to use and fairly quick too. I founnd the varying temperature settings useful as the high setting tends to give more defined waves and styles my hair quicker than the low temperature. The heat proof mat which came with them was an added bonus as I now use it for my straighteners as well. The only criticism I'd have is that it is difficult to make the back of my hair look as wavy as the front as 1. my layers are shorter, 2. its hard to see without two mirrors and 3. the heated part of the tongs is fairly large, but these issues are more to do with my hair style than the actual product. If you have longer layers at the back you wont have much of a problem.

If you want the to get the wavy look without having to sleep in plaits, this is definitly the product for you. Just make sure you have some sort of heat protecting hair product to avoid getting frazzled ends.

Ricky Gervais Live IV - Science [DVD]
Ricky Gervais Live IV - Science [DVD]
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious...but not much science., 30 Oct 2011
I'm a big fan of Ricky Gervais, so when my friend said she was going to see this show live I was very jealous. I got the show on DVD as soon as it came out and I really enjoyed it.

To start I just have warn those who get easily offended, do not watch it. You probably won't enjoy it. The boat has well and truly been pushed out in this show compared to the others as the jokes seemed extremely close to the line to me. If it doesn't really bother you, then you'll probably enjoy this as much as i did.

I was a little bit disappointed by the lack of science, i sort of wanted to to find out his take on the world of science and its many oddities. Instead it was probably more to do with celebrities, but it was still quite funny. I'd definitly recommend this to anyone who like Ricky Gervais' dry sense of humour and witty remarks, all in a really good show.

Professor Layton and the Lost Future (Nintendo DS)
Professor Layton and the Lost Future (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Monsterbuy
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars intriguing game full of twists and puzzles ofcourse, 29 Dec 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I got this game for christmas and I absolutely love it, its draws you in and is almost impossible to put down. I found myself taking a break from playing only to think I wonder what is going to happen next, I'll play a little more to find out.

The difficulty of the puzzles varies which helps to keep your interest (who wants to play a game where almost all the puzzles are impossible?) but I would consider many too difficult for a younger audience,so I wouldn't advise buying this for a young child unless they will play with someone older.

The cut scenes and dialogue can be a little long winded at times, especially at the start so this is not really a game for lovers of constant action but if you like a good story this game will perfect for you.

The game is full of mystery and intrigue and plenty of puzzles to keep you occupied for ages, all in all a very fun game and well worth buying.