Profile for Mike > Reviews

Content by Mike

Mike

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Laptone Wireless Internet USB Adaptor WiFi Dongle 300Mbps For Windows 8 / Win 7 / XP / Vista
Offered by Altec UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely incredible, 4 Oct 2014
I took a gamble after reading the positive reviews on this little piece of tech and I can honestly say that it was well worth it. After my previous internet USB adaptor got bent when the kids knocked it, I knew that I needed something less obtrusive. This device is half the size of my original one. Not only that, I also receive twice the signal strength and not once has it ever dropped out. My router is in a room diagonally opposite to where the computer is, with no clear line of sight, and the signal passing through two internal brick walls. I have no doubt that I could plug this into a laptop and move to the other end of the house and still get a strong signal. Do not be put off if you have never heard of the company name. I hadn't and I do not for one second regret buying one of their products. I believe that you will be very hard-pressed to find an internet USB adaptor of such good quality for such a low price.

HP 364 4-pack Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow Original Ink Cartridges Combo pack
HP 364 4-pack Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow Original Ink Cartridges Combo pack
Offered by CrazyKangaroo

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a HP printer, 31 Mar 2014
I bought this for my HP printer and, as to expected, it works perfectly. I have tried substitute inks before and it didn't end well. Best to stay with the official stuff, in my opinion.

Hamlet [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Hamlet [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ David Tennant

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant version, 15 Jan 2014
Not quite Kenneth Branagh's version, but David Tennant's performance is a pleasure to watch. With Sir Patrick Stewart in a supporting role of both Hamlet's uncle and the ghost of his father, there is very little not to like about this version.

Hoodie Sonata Arctica Design: The days of wolves
Hoodie Sonata Arctica Design: The days of wolves

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect merchandise, 15 Jan 2014
Although the picture does not give it credit, this is an excellent buy for any SA fans. The design on the back and front are simple but amazing. There is also a leaf-line on the left sleeve, which isn't shown in the picture. It's thick and warm so no worries about getting cold! Plus, this is cheaper than on the official merch site so it's well worth the money.

Some Kind Of Trouble
Some Kind Of Trouble

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Some Kind Of Trouble (Audio CD)
This is a joy to listen to. The melodies are more upbeat than in previous works and the minor-key songs are just as evocative as before. The empty track, number 12, is a bit baffling, though.

Theory Of A Deadman
Theory Of A Deadman

3.0 out of 5 stars Theory's debut, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Theory Of A Deadman (Audio CD)
As a first album, this is okay. Chad Kroeger's influence is very evident here, as they sound like a heavier version of Nickelback. Although the blurb says that they are closer to the pop-mainstream, I would have to disagree. This album would appeal to hard rock/metal fans. But, for me, it isn't as good as their later works, notably Gasoline and Scars & Souvenirs.

Harry Potter And The  Deathly Hallows Part 1 [DVD]
Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniel Radcliffe
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, 5 Jan 2014
I'm not much of a HP fan. I've read a few of the books and watched all of the films. In fact, In reality, I bought this for my wife (who loves the books) so that we could complete the set. Having said that, I really enjoyed The Deathly Hallows. The themes in this film are a lot more mature than in the previous titles, allowing for a more 'realistic' feel, which will appeal to the adults. There is a distinct focus of the issue of morality here - something that kept my interest. The child acting has improved a lot as well, which is nice to see.

Tala Icing Bag Set In Tin, with 8 Nozzles And Icing Booklet
Tala Icing Bag Set In Tin, with 8 Nozzles And Icing Booklet
Offered by Maunders

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 5 Jan 2014
My wife has used this several times and loves it. The different nozzles make short work of making different icing patterns and the bag is hard-wearing and voluminous. The quality is excellent and the tin keeps everything neat and tidy.

Weleda Citrus Deodorant 100ml
Weleda Citrus Deodorant 100ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Weleda Citrus, 5 Jan 2014
Made from natural essences, this citrus deodorant is well worth buying. It doesn't irritate your skin or overpower any passers-by, like some deodorants. I regularly buy from Weleda and I really can't fault them. 5/5.

Sewing Clothes Kids Love
Sewing Clothes Kids Love
by Nancy J. S. Langdon
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars The kids really do love it, 5 Jan 2014
My wife has really got into knitting children's clothes and our daughters haven't been disappointed with the results. There is a wide range of patterns for each level of experience. This is a good place to start for someone who is pretty new to knitting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5