Profile for M. Hallam > Reviews

Content by M. Hallam

M. Hallam "wick2270" (Midlands, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Neoprene Shoulder Support with 6 Magnets, Can be Worn on Left and Right Shoulders by Neo Physio
Offered by BabyMad Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars very comfortable and good quality, 18 Mar 2014
I found this very comfortable to wear due to the adjustable velcro - as well as the velcro across the chest that you see in the photo, there is another piece on the bit that goes around the arm. Other supports I have tried have been too small and uncomfortable, cutting off blood supply to the arm, this you can adjust until it's comfortable. Good quality as well.. good stitching, and strong velcro, not the stuff that wears out after a few uses. Also great, is that its usable on either shoulder, saving you having to buy two.

Other reviewers mention the smell.. The one I have doesn't smell at all. I have found with other cheap neoprene products that they do smell unpleasant to start with (just something that seems to be inherent with neoprene), but bear with them, and wash a few times and the smell does eventually disappear.

There is no scientific evidence to support magnet therapy, so I'm sceptical about this aspect - but ignoring that, as a support and something to provide warmth to the shoulder, this does well.

Always Know What To Say - Easy Ways To Approach And Talk To Anyone
Always Know What To Say - Easy Ways To Approach And Talk To Anyone

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of time, 21 Oct 2013
I'm glad this was free, and that it was short, otherwise I would have felt very cheated. Chapter 4 on how to approach someone was a promising start, with suggestions on the frame of mind that you need to get yourself into when approaching someone new. But it goes rapidly downhill after that, with exhortations to "not be shy". I don't think the author has ever experienced what it is like to have your mind go blank when trying to think of things to say. Its the sort of stuff that your well-meaning mate down the pub would come up with, rather than any practical advice that might stand of chance of working.

DenTek Temparin Filling Material Single Item
DenTek Temparin Filling Material Single Item

4.0 out of 5 stars best of the bunch, 28 May 2013
Of the various temporary filling products out there, this seems to be the best one. Not saying much, they're all pretty rubbish. "Temporary" really is the key word. This one does stay in a while though, about a day and a half if I'm careful. It's easy to apply, no messy mixing needed and doesn't leave too much of a taste of eugenol. I found it's best if you use just a really small amount as it does not stick to outer enamel, only the inside of the tooth (ie. the hole left by the filling) so any overlap with enamel won't be stuck so making it more likely to be knocked off. Given its short lived nature, the good thing about this product is you get enough to reapply quite a few times, unlike some others where you only get one shot!

CaseCrown Faux Suede Case (Navy) for Amazon Kindle Fire / Kindle Fire HD 7 Inch
CaseCrown Faux Suede Case (Navy) for Amazon Kindle Fire / Kindle Fire HD 7 Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 11 Dec 2012
Even better quality than I expected, especially given the cheap price. Nice plush suede effect on the outside; trendy slightly shiny orange on the inside. Even the zip pulls are good quality. Suitably well padded for protection, without being bulky, and fits my Nexus 7 nicely. There's a separate zip pocket on the front, which is handy for keeping the usb cable in, and any spare SD cards and such like. If you have a 7 inch tablet, I would definitely recommend this.

SUNWISE Waterloo Sunglasses Chrome
SUNWISE Waterloo Sunglasses Chrome
Offered by Golf Clothing Direct Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Not dark enough, 26 Sep 2012
I can't say that I'm particularly fussy about my requirements for sunglasses - They need to have arms that are easy to open and put on so that I can put them on one-handed whilst driving and they need to stop me squinting. In the first respect, these are fine, nice light arms, seem very constructed and I don't think will break off easily. The whole frame is very light and strong, you will hardly notice you're wearing them, which is nice. However, they are terrible at cutting sunlight.. they just aren't dark enough. Even on overcast/moderately sunny days, I found myself still having to squint. I wonder if the photochromatic lens don't work properly, because even holding them up to the bright sun, the don't seem to go noticeably darker at all.

MSI Nvidia GT610 Graphics Card 810MHz (1GB) PCI Express DVI HDMI VGA (N610GT-MD1GD3/LP)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits HP Microserver, 26 Sep 2012
Just wanted to note that this fits my HP ProLiant N36L microserver perfectly. The microserver a very cramped case, and finding graphics cards that fit in is difficult - normally the heatsink and/or fan is too big. This card's fan/heatsink combo is nice and streamlined, so fits in well and even comes with the low-profile brackets needed. I've not worked it that hard, but the fan seems to be pretty quiet in day to day use, important if you're using it for a HTPC. I'm running Ubuntu, and installed the nvidia drivers from the standard repo and was up and running with no fuss whatsoever.

L'Oréal Paris Men Expert Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Carbon Protect 150ml
L'Oréal Paris Men Expert Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Carbon Protect 150ml
Offered by Kiara Hair and Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective and doesn't leave marks, 7 Aug 2012
I saw this on offer in the supermarket, and although I normally usually use roll-on, the price was good enough for me to give it a go. What can I say - I've since gone back and got a couple more before the offer ends. Unlike other products I've tried, this actually keeps my underarms dry - even on a hot day. Also, you can still smell it on you at the end of the day (not overpowering, but shows it's working). One of the reasons I normally prefer roll-ons is that I hate all that white powder that sprays seem to leave on you, but you don't get that with this - the can nozzle gets a bit of residue, but on my skin its invisible.

Everbuild 500WH Bath and Sanitary Silicone Sealant 500 310 ml - White
Everbuild 500WH Bath and Sanitary Silicone Sealant 500 310 ml - White

5.0 out of 5 stars smooth finish, quick setting, 9 July 2012
As the previous review said, this sealant sets nice and quickly and gives a pleasing satin finish. It goes on very easily, with little mess. Dip your finger in some warm soapy water and run it along the sealant before it sets to give it a smooth finish.

OVEN MATE
OVEN MATE
Offered by Cyclaire

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 8 Aug 2011
This review is from: OVEN MATE
Oven cleaners always seem to be hit and miss, and so I was a bit skeptical about getting this, especially as its a bit pricey. But it works.. you brush on the gel like substance, leave it a while and then you do just rub it off, although I used a scourer pad which made it even quicker. Worked really well to bring my oven racks back to silver. One of the main benefits of Oven Mate for me is that you don't get that nasty ammonia smell that other cleaners have.

The Power of Your Subconscious Mind: One of the Most Powerful Self-help Guides Ever Written!
by Joseph Murphy

1.0 out of 5 stars wishy washy, 8 Feb 2010
I bought this book on the strength of the glowing reviews here. Other reviewers have commented on the religious references in this book, I don't have a problem with that - prayer is a powerful thing. My issue with this book is the writing style and its lack of solid content. Chapter after chapter he goes on about how great the sub-conscious mind is - great, we get that.. but where are the tips?, the techniques to use to harness this?! Instead all we get are a few anecdotes and some pseudo-science (The lack of any scientific rigor worried me, but maybe that won't be an issue for some people). Personally I would far recommend Instant Confidence (Book and CD) by Paul McKenna, which covers similar ideas about how powerful the sub-conscious is, and how to harness it with visualisation etc., but is written far more clearly and concisely, and much more practical.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2014 3:54 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2