ARRAY(0xa2fea8f4)

Profile for Nuff said > Reviews

Content by Nuff said

Nuff said

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Real Racing 3 (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Real Racing 3 (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars does not like the kindle, 12 Feb 2014
Loaded ok played the first game then it crashes, great game on the iPad but does not seem to like kindle. other people seem to be getting it to work maybe it needs super fast wifi which mine isn't always is!

BBC Weather
BBC Weather
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars tells you the weather, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: BBC Weather (App)
It tells you the weather, it's free, what's not to like. Works well and is by the BBC, you can't have it if you don't pay the license fee........

Raising Steam: (Discworld novel 40) (Discworld Novels)
Raising Steam: (Discworld novel 40) (Discworld Novels)
by Terry Pratchett
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Its Pratchett but not quite as we know him, 24 Nov 2013
Well Raising Steam is not the best Discworld book but it far from being the worst. Having read all the books our Terry has ever written this is some where near the bottom of my personnel Pratchett chart. Saying that its still a good romping tale which belts along as fast as the trains its all about. All the usual suspects are in there Harry King, Mr Slightly Damp, Vimes, Nobby and the rest of the gang, Lord Vetinari, Goblins, Dwarfs and just about anyone else who has ever lived in Ankh-Morpork. I was searching hard for something of the Terry of old ie irrelevant humour and then joy of joy there it was a mention of Downsize Abbey! well it made me laugh, if you don't get it shame on you. Bearing in mind that this is Discworld book 40 I still look forward to every word he writes, so what if its not his best its still better than the output of some writers I could mention. Keep it up Terry I for one will still look forward to every word you write!

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Not my usual kind of book, 23 Oct 2013
This was another of those "it's only 99p and I have nothing to read and only 99p to lose moments" For someone who reads mostly Terry Pratchett and hard core Si Fi this book was a bit of a change to say the least. I must say that I really enjoyed the adventures of Mr Harold Fry and did not see the bit about his son coming till right at the end which sort of brought a lump to my throat and a small tear to my eye, no spoilers here from me just read the book for yourself. A well written tale that bombs along at quite a place. I liked this a lot.

On the Steel Breeze
On the Steel Breeze
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying the new lighter Reynolds, 23 Oct 2013
This the follow up to BRE once again shows that Reynolds is master of writing a book that grips you from start to finish. Again I think on this series of books its seems to me that his writing has changed to a lighter more flowing narrative with deeper character's. I personally like this new type of his writing and find the characters easier to keep track of ( mainly because all their names don't seem the same or start with the same letter ie Revelation Space series )not going to go into the story line because if you are reading this you already like Mr Reynolds work so just get on and read this book. If you have never read any of his books before DO SO NOW! I would start with Pushing Ice ( my personal favourite )and then read the rest in order of writing ( you could skip Terminal World without any problem, not his finest work ).

ON THE STEEL BREEZE right up there with all his other work. Read it!

The Long War (Long Earth 2)
The Long War (Long Earth 2)
Price: 8.55

3.0 out of 5 stars Follow up not so strong, 15 Sep 2013
Now I have read nearly everything Terry Pratchett has written. I purchased The Long Earth because of his name on the cover. Now I liked the first book and thought the idea had legs and looked forward to the next instalment. Frankly reading the other reviews it seems I am not alone in thinking the The Long War started by going over the story of the first book and took a while to start on the new tale which seemed to me to wizz about here there and everywhere in a rather disjointed way. I personally think that maybe the author's, are in this book setting the scene for the upcoming series. Hopefully the next instalment will stick to telling one tale but with a bit of a sub plot so we can still learn more about The long earth somewhat like the disc world stories do. Not sure I can get my head around two writers with different styles writing as one. You start to wonder how much of the actual story Terry himself has written because I can't detect much of his light comedic wit. Maybe the idea was his but the written work was done by Mr Baxter. Anyway none of this we stop me from eagerly waiting for The Long Earth 3.

The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda, Book One)
The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda, Book One)
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story which romps along., 15 Sep 2013
Good story line, well written with engaging characters. I did not like the way it centred mainly on the children of the story, I think I may of missed that this story seems to be aimed at the young adult market. This it what it seemed to me anyway. Apart from that lots of ideas, some new and others recycled, and I can see that the author going to let this run for a while, not sure if I will read the follow up unless its on kindle offers for 99p.

55" ROUND PVC/VINYL TABLECLOTH - BLUE GINGHAM WITH PARASOL HOLE
55" ROUND PVC/VINYL TABLECLOTH - BLUE GINGHAM WITH PARASOL HOLE
Offered by the tablecloth company
Price: 16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice tablecloth, 15 Sep 2013
Very pleased with the quality of the vinyl. Fits the size table we ordered for. Hole in the middle nice touch not only can you put your parasol through it also helps to centre the cloth. Recommended seller.

The Holy Machine
The Holy Machine
Price: 4.31

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked the way it makes you consider what religion could turn into regarding technology as a sin, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Holy Machine (Kindle Edition)
Well I am a fan of anything Chris writes and so of course really enjoyed The Holy Machine. Chris always seems to come up with a new slant on SiFi even if one thinks its all been done before, he still finds a new angle. Not going to go into the details of this story because loads of reviewers have already done that better than I ever could but I still maintain that Chris always comes up goods and long may he do so.

The Peacock Cloak
The Peacock Cloak
Price: 2.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of good tales here., 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Peacock Cloak (Kindle Edition)
If you like Chris Beckett, this of course is a must read, just waiting for the launch of the follow up to Dark Eden. Hurry up Chris!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3