Profile for Hiraethus o Gymru > Reviews

Content by Hiraethus o Gymru

Hiraethus o Gymru (United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Prince of Darkness
Prince of Darkness
by Sharon Kay Penman

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected., 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Prince of Darkness (Hardcover)
As expected from Sharon Penman, a superb piece of medieval mystery featuring Justin de Quincy, one of her best fictional creations. This lady can do no wrong. Her research of the political background and her presentation of the non-fictional characters is respectful and accurate.

White Dolphin
White Dolphin
by Gill Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Spellbinding, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: White Dolphin (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a novel probably aimed at the early teen market. Having said that,I found it an enjoyable read, with perhaps a gentle underlying moral lesson, that an incapacity can sometimes be overcome and even turned to an advantage. Happily recommended.

Finish All In 1 Lemon Sparkle 78 Dishwasher Tablets
Finish All In 1 Lemon Sparkle 78 Dishwasher Tablets
Price: 10.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 27 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having had a Neff dishwasher for a number of years and tried various products with generally excellent results, these tablets, I would say, have given the best grease cutting and shine so far, and the machine itself seems to have benefitted from the cleaning power. I know without any doubt which tablets we shall be using in future.

Braun Silk-Epil 3 3270 Epilator with 2 Attachments (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by gsm m
Price: 49.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Efficient and effective, 27 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Irritation caused by static between body hair and synthetic materials used in clothing were the reason to try this product, and the results have not been disappointing. A product of this type requires a little time to get used to and to acquire the best and most comfortable technique in the use thereof, but in the short time up to now it has been effective and not unpleasant to use. It is certainly suitable for the purpose for which it is intended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2013 7:39 PM GMT

Boot - Shoe Cleaning Brush
Boot - Shoe Cleaning Brush
Offered by Want-It-Fast
Price: 8.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: Boot - Shoe Cleaning Brush (Misc.)
Having a dog whose daily exercise takes me through territory that, particularly during winter, tends to clog the soles of boots etc, I wanted a product that would remove mud etc on reaching my door. This is an excellent, no nonsense unit that is totally fit for the purpose that, is affordable and efficient.

Discovering the Diamond
Discovering the Diamond
by Helen Hollick
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A text book for the aspiring writer, 20 Nov 2013
Anyone thinking of entering the field of literature with a view to becoming a writer would find this book invaluable, since it cover most, if not all, the techniques and pitfalls involved. Invaluable advice on presentation, style, characterisation, and marketing the completed work, including self publishing, comes from a successful and acclaimed author who has been there and done it. This book is a fascinating read, giving an insight into a complicated field that so many people of all ages fancy trying their hand in. Who knows, it could open the door to a new career in this time of sparse employment opportunities, in particular for university graduates having difficulty in using their talents..

The Iliad
The Iliad

4.0 out of 5 stars Meat without the veg., 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Iliad (Kindle Edition)
For someone like me, who has had the paperback on my bookshelves for many years beside Virgil's Aeneid and Horace's Odes and satires, the thought of having this on my kindle was irresistable, but I was a little disappointed to find it was an extremely edited and abbreviated version - a little like a Christmas dinner with meat but no vegetables. Hving said that, i still found it to be a pleasant bedtime read.

Pellucidar
Pellucidar

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Pellucidar (Kindle Edition)
I have virtually all Edgar Rice Burroughs novels in paperback or hardback including this one which I have now added to my kindle for convenience. A master story teller, albeit a little dated by today's standards, for someone like me who has enjoyed reading and rereading his novels for well over 50 years, it is like meeting up once more with an old and valued friend.

by Bernard Cornwell

5.0 out of 5 stars As usual, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: 1356 (Hardcover)
Any history buff has to love the work of Bernard Cornwell, for apart from the accuracy of his narrative, no one, but no one, does battle scenes like him. I think I have all his historical books now, apart from the Sharpe ones, which are not really set in a period of history that really interests me. I cannot think of one that has dissapointed me in any way. A new book by Bernard is always an event to look forward to, and as usual, I preordered this one and will without doubt do the same for the sequel.

Barbie in the Nutcracker [DVD]
Barbie in the Nutcracker [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kelly Sheridan
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Granddaughters' delight, 19 Nov 2013
I gave this four stars, mainly because it is not really aimed at me. My two granddaughters (5 and 6 years) would give it at least ten stars because it has become their most watched DVD ever. I have watched this with them on numerous occasions, and even I found it captivating A fully enjoyable film for a grown up to watch, it is immediately absorbing for a child and I can happily recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17