Profile for Hiraethus o Gymru > Reviews

Content by Hiraethus o Gymru

Hiraethus o Gymru (United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Why We Love the Dogs We Do: How to Find the Dog That Matches Your Personality
Why We Love the Dogs We Do: How to Find the Dog That Matches Your Personality
by Stanley Coren

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 27 Feb. 2014
This is quite interesting reading, having a dog which was not my personal choice but who has proved to be my soulmate and dearly loved companion for over four years now and hopefully for many more since she is still fairly young. I couldn't have picked a better dog, although at the time I had not intended to have one, and inherited this one more by accident than design. So, it was good to compare notes to see how accurate the book was in deciding what animal would be chosen had circumstances been different. An entertaining read.

Don't Shoot the Dog!: The New Art of Teaching and Training
Don't Shoot the Dog!: The New Art of Teaching and Training
by Karen Pryor

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected, 27 Feb. 2014
I purchased this book specifically for dog training, since that is what the title indicated, and especially for the clicker training aspect. However, although it does cover dog training in part, it also departs into other fields which I found a nuisance to have to sift through to find the information I wanted.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2014 1:05 AM GMT

3 Pin XLR Female to 1/4" 6.35mm Male Microphone Adapter Connector Jack Plug By FamilyMall Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Robust and totally functional, 15 Feb. 2014
A valuable accessory strongly constructed to fulfil the role for which it is intended. A useful addition to the tool collection and well below the price off the shop shelves.

The Summer Queen (Eleanor of Aquitaine trilogy)
The Summer Queen (Eleanor of Aquitaine trilogy)
by Elizabeth Chadwick

5.0 out of 5 stars As Expected, 15 Feb. 2014
Having all of Elizabeth Chadwick's novels all of which I have enjoyed reading (and rereading over a number of years) I knew that this latest edition would at least equal the others and I was not disappointed. This lady can always deliver a well researched novel based on real history (sometimes enhanced or altered for various reasons, as is always made clear in the author's notes so no complaints) fictionalised and rendered captivating by her faultless descriptive talents. She never fails my expectations, and I look forward eagerly to the sequel.

VonShef Halogen Oven Air Fry / Fryer Ring Attachment Accessory Suitable for use with any 12 Litre Halogen Oven
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent accessory, 29 Jan. 2014
I use my halogen oven virtually daily, since mainly cooking for one it is far more economical. My son also has one and he informed me of this accessory which he recommended. It is an invaluable addition, enabling a more healthy way of cooking items which would otherwise contain more fat. It is, however, a good idea to use the height extension accessory above it to prevent scorching by proximity to the heat.

Butterflies in the Rain (Kindle Single)
Butterflies in the Rain (Kindle Single)

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather Bland, 29 Jan. 2014
Maybe I expected too much, but I felt it didn't really captivate me. I read it to the end but on the whole found it reasonable, but not inspiring.

Chet Atkins and Friends - Live [DVD]
Chet Atkins and Friends - Live [DVD]
Offered by PWT Medien

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted., 23 Jan. 2014
I ordered this dvd actually for one song in particular, and although I have been a lifelong fan of Chet Atkins, it was Why Worry by the Everly Brothers which caused me to buy it. Written by Mark Knopfler specifically for Phil and Don, this beautiful song is probably the best illustration of their unique harmony talent. I had seen the show on television some years ago, and prompted by Phil's recent death, and discussions with a number of friends on the internet, several of us placed an order. Mine was the first to arrive, unbelievably 23 hours after I placed the order. The whole dvd is terrific, and excellent value at the price. It is now a treasured piece in my "memory" collection, to be played over and over and savoured each time.

100 Hits Legends - Everly Brothers
100 Hits Legends - Everly Brothers

5.0 out of 5 stars A valued addition, 23 Jan. 2014
Having enjoyed the wonderful harmonies of the Everly Brothers through so many years, yet only possessing one vinyl album of about 30 songs, the recent loss of Phil prompted me to place this order. I have been playing these discs in my car ever since they arrived. Practically all the hit songs are on the 5 cds, plus some lesser known songs. The package arrived within 3 days of ordering and is excellent value at the price.

Lloytron AAA 550 mAh NIMH AccuDigital Battery (Pack of 4)
Lloytron AAA 550 mAh NIMH AccuDigital Battery (Pack of 4)
Offered by mspackaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 23 Jan. 2014
With 4 BT cordless phones that have been in constant use for several years, when the batteries in one died it made sense to replace all of them. These batteries appeared to be the best priced suitable replacements available and are proving to be excellent value for money compared with similar ones in the shops. Well recommended. Delivery was speedy and they came well packaged.

Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 55 Beige
Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 55 Beige
Offered by CrazyKangaroo

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Smooth Cover, 23 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As one would expect from the Max Factor brand, this is a product that fulfils all the claims made about it. It gives smooth, consistent cover, and is good value for money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20