Profile for Meesha > Reviews

Content by Meesha

Meesha "I'm A Lonely Angel Stuck On The Slow Path" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent brand, 2 Feb. 2014
I have recently discovered Spiral Direct and Jawbreaker, which are great brands for the slightly more gothic, different look. They certainly bring a certain something to your day-to-day wardrobe, and they're so versatile.

I fell in love with this image pretty much instantly, I love the stained glass effect behind the woman, and the candles in the front. It has a very Victoria Frances feel to the image and it looks great.

This top can be dressed up or dressed down, depending on what you are doing that day. It comes down just low enough to show a hint of cleavage, and also stretches down to cover up any lumps and bumps you might want to hide. The sleeves are floaty enough so that you can cover the tops of your arms if that's a particular area that you're not keen on. It also works well over jeans and skirts, as it's just the right length to wear over the top of the skirt, without the fear of looking like you're not wearing anything underneath. You can also wear a cardigan or something similar over the top, just be careful about tucking the sleeves in, otherwise you will look like you've got bingo wings when you don't.

Spiral Direct, along with Jawbreaker, is one of the more expensive brands out there, and I have found that I struggle to find their items for reasonable prices. A lot of the time as well, I have found what is available on eBay, isn't always necessarily available on Amazon, which is a pain when it comes to reviewing and saying that you own an item. If you can find them for a good price (I think I got this originally for just under £16), then they will be great additions to your wardrobe, but I wouldn't advise paying more than that. I keep an eye on eBay and Amazon for them coming up, as you can sometimes find people selling them for cheaper.

Jawbreaker Jasmine Top (Black) - Medium
Jawbreaker Jasmine Top (Black) - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Something different, 2 Feb. 2014
I recently discovered the Jawbreaker brand and have fallen in love since then. Their tops are of excellent quality and you are very unlikely to see many other people wearing them. They're quite hard to get a hold of, and quite expensive as well, and you will not find them in Primark or Topshop, as far as I have seen. They're quite readily available on Amazon & eBay, however both are quite expensive, so it tends to be when you're feeling rich, buy one.

I bought this because I like the fact that the back is slashed/ripped. It certainly has a different effect to the other tops I wear. Although not good when you get a draft! The kinda gothic/zombie girl on the front (which is not from Monster High, although I can see why people might say that) is so cute and her eyes follow you around.

The top runs quite long, and with me being quite short, it does come down to about roughly mid thigh on me, but looks excellent over leggings or jeans, whatever is your preference. Wouldn't be suitable over a skirt, as I would run the risk of looking like I wasn't wearing anything underneath.

The top does come quite low, although as it is a scoop neck, you can pull it up or down, depending on how much cleavage you want to show, or whether you're covering up for work, or going on a casual night out. It's also incredibly comfortable to wear, even going for a medium size, which can sometimes be a bit iffy for me, and the versatility of being able to wear it for any occasion is really good.

I look forward to finding a good seller that has these in stock for really cheap soon, as they're really good for sprucing up your day-to-day wardrobe.

Betty Boop Betty Snow Bunny
Betty Boop Betty Snow Bunny
Offered by Gifts & Collectables OUTLET

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Christmas present, 2 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Betty Boop Betty Snow Bunny
I absolutely adore Betty Boop, she is one of my favourite characters, and I collect all the characters that I can. Unfortunately, the bigger the character, the more expensive, so most of the time, I have to get the little ones to go into my collection.

This makes a very welcome addition to my collection, as rather than take up more space on the (limited) shelf space I have, she hangs up perfectly on the wall behind the shelf.

The outfit is so cute, and definitely cute for a Christmas present for someone who's a fan of Betty, or has a birthday in the winter. With some of the cheaper Betty Boops, you do have to be careful, as there are some cheap knock offs floating around, but this is actually one of the proper ones. (One of the ways to tell is her eyes - if they're massively large, they do not look right, and believe me, I have seen quite a few in my time!)

However, it doesn't sit quite flush against the wall - this Betty has a booty on her, and you will need to fiddle with it to get it hanging just so. I found putting her slightly side onto the wall works quite well, although you do end up missing some of her face. You can hang it how you want it though.

Will definitely look good if you just like her, or you're a collector like myself.

Lorembelle Red black Corset style nightwear with Garter belts and g-string size s-6xl
Offered by GoldenPartnersUK(Delivery in 1-3 DAYS)
Price: £9.30 - £10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars No support around the bust, 2 Feb. 2014
I thought this was so cute when I originally got it, and I couldn't wait to try it on. After all, if I stood half a chance of looking like the model in the picture, I would be a happy girl.

However, upon trying it on, there a couple of instant problems that are visible straight away. For starters, as I mention constantly in reviews, I'm quite short. I barely scrap 5ft in my bare feet. Unfortunately, the suspenders come down past my knees, so I can see myself taking them off in order to make it look right. Definitely won't work with stockings, as the suspenders dangle down much too low for my liking. Would probably suit a beauty with legs up to her armpits, but on me, not so much.

My other main issue was the bust part of it. I was thinking when it said corset style, it may have some boning or some additional support for the ladies amongst us who have slightly bigger busts. The cups of this are not very secure, and any hopes of looking as gorgeous as the model quickly went out the window. I bought the largest size possible, but it is still slightly too small and gives no support whatsoever. I was quite disappointed as all I needed to do was put my arms above my head and the cups actually pop up, rather than stay put.

However, the lacing up the back is very cute, and certainly a bit different to what you see normally. The red and black also goes well together. I will be looking forward to wearing this, even if it doesn't stay on very long. I would definitely go for something with a little more support and/or boning in the future, as this will be sitting in my drawer, mostly unused otherwise.

Sexy Candy Cane Red Christmas Stockings Fancy Dress onesize (UK 8-10-12)
Sexy Candy Cane Red Christmas Stockings Fancy Dress onesize (UK 8-10-12)

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to wear under your Christmas outfit, 2 Jan. 2014
I bought a red suspender belt to go with these, however I had no need for it, as these fitted perfectly. They looked cute with my Christmas outfit to work (Ladies Sexy Miss Mrs Santa Christmas Velvet Fancy Dress Costume Outfit) and even though you couldn't see that there were candy canes at the top of the stockings, I knew they were there. They probably would have worked better for the girls who wanted something a little different to wear in the bedroom.

The only quibble I did have with these, is that I only wore them for a couple of days, and one of the candy canes has already snapped off. It will be quite easy to glue back on, but it doesn't give any confidence in the glue used. Superglue would probably be better, since I don't remember really knocking them or anything like that.

They did come up a little too high, but I will blame that on my short legs. They fitted perfectly otherwise, and there was no bagginess around the heels, like I sometimes get, and the heels show around at my ankle. I'm not sure how these would have worked with a suspender belt, as the candy canes would have stopped the suspender fitting properly, but I still have the suspender belt, so it may be something to try out in the future, to see how it all fits together.

I would definitely recommend these to go with any Christmas outfit, or to team with something to surprise your other half, They're cute and they're quirky - just a shame they can only be worn once a year!

Ladies Sexy Miss Mrs Santa Christmas Velvet Fancy Dress Costume Outfit
Ladies Sexy Miss Mrs Santa Christmas Velvet Fancy Dress Costume Outfit
Offered by Zensa-Fashion

5.0 out of 5 stars EVERYTHING will be covered in glitter, 2 Jan. 2014
Should say in the product description: "Warning - comes with extra glitter."

I bought this to wear at my work for Christmas, and I was the only one to make an effort (or sad enough?) Despite being just under 5ft, I thought this fitted me quite well length wise, I was expecting it to be dragging on the floor behind me. If you're quite tall, I don't think this would be too bad a fit either, although it might not cover your boots.

There is a nice bunch of extras with this as well, as I was just expecting the costume. It also comes with a thong (not the reason I was buying it!), boot covers and a belt.

The boot covers really added something to the outfit, and I ended up wearing them home. They are quite tight though, and I found I had to put them on first, then put my boots on, then pull them down to go over my boots. Unfortunately, they didn't quite fit over the boots, but they worked quite well just being worn around the knee area.

The belt was good, as I couldn't get the outfit to close over my bust (not like it does in the model's picture anyway!) and if it hadn't been for the belt, I think it would have been flapping around too much. I have a feeling the belt won't last very long and will eventually split, but it can be worn with another belt if you'd prefer. I think the thicker belt works well, but some people might prefer a thinner belt.

I ended up wearing this with Skater Stretch Waist Plain Flippy Flared Jersey Woolen Knitted Short Skirt Womens Girls with some candy cane stockings and a black jumper. The one thing I will say with wearing a jumper underneath, it did get really warm and I felt like I was melting by the end of my work shift. It did get a lot of compliments and I felt terrific in it. It will definitely last year after year, next year I need to go out wearing it. Maybe try out the thong, or something a little sexier underneath.

Disney Minnie Mouse Eye Mask
Disney Minnie Mouse Eye Mask

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 2 Jan. 2014
I got this, purely because I have a rather bright streetlight right outside my bedroom window, and a neighbour at the other side with a defective security light. With excess light in my room, I've found it more difficult in recent years to sleep, so I end up going through eye masks quite frequently.

The main issue always is, no matter what size your head, the elastic band that goes around your head, always stretches. I've only had mine a month or so, and I end up having to tie a knot in it, just to make it stay on my head.

This Minnie Mouse eye mask is aimed more at children, but it was pretty and cheap too, and so far, despite repeated use (and pulling it off my head, and throwing it on the floor during a fight with my covers!), I can assure anyone who is interested, that the bow has withstood the test of time so far, and is still firmly attached. I was expecting that to be the first thing to go, considering I found this in one of the pound shops that fills our high streets now.

It also blocks out the light, until I decide to pull it off in the middle of the night or push it up. I can safely say I'm no longer disturbed by the street or security light, just the monsters under my bed. It fits well, and covers down just past your eyes, so no light can peek through and disturb your sleep.

I literally could not sleep without these now, and have a selection awaiting, so when the elastic band finally does get too loose, I can move straight onto the next one.

If you can find this for cheaper though, I would say get it. It's slightly too expensive on Amazon at the moment, for what you're getting, which probably won't last more than 6 months at a push.

Amour-Sexy Lingerie Black Sheer Lace Teddy Romper Stripper Wear
Amour-Sexy Lingerie Black Sheer Lace Teddy Romper Stripper Wear
Offered by Mestall(Ship from HongKong)

2.0 out of 5 stars Too high cut on the legs, 2 Jan. 2014
This is a totally adorable little outfit, if you want to please the special person in your life. I'm sure like many other girls out there, two of these would be better, just in case the first one got ripped in the heat of the moment, but they're reasonably cheap, so it's not too bad.

It is such a shame however, that this doesn't suit my figure. I was quite disappointed, but hopefully, I might fall a little more in love with it. It works well on the top half, and looks great, and is just the right amount of see through to excite, but unfortunately, the bottom half for me, is where it went all wrong.

For starters, I'm a little under 5ft, and I don't have legs up to my armpits, which I think would have been more suitable for this. The legs are cut way too high, so instead of being cut to a sexy height, and still leaving something to the imagination, it was cut too high. As I'm on the wrong side of skinny, the legs actually revealed more of my stomach than I would have liked, and if you don't have a flat stomach, then you can forget feeling attractive or even remotely sexy wearing this.

I bought the bigger size, as I need it for my chest, but this resulted in the bottom half being ever so slightly baggy as well. I felt like when I looked at the front and back in the mirror, the crotch bagged, which may have something to do with my height. I had to tug at it, and then practically grip it into place, so it looked reasonably good, but I'm still not overly impressed.

However, I'm still liking the way I fill the top half, so it's a keeper for just now, but I don't think I will be particularly fussed if it gets ripped in the heat of the moment. I've seen and worn better pieces of fabric in bed than this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2014 12:43 AM GMT

Never Forget
Never Forget

4.0 out of 5 stars Predictable but so good, 30 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Never Forget (Kindle Edition)
I am so disappointed that this book (or its sequels) aren't available in paperback format. I only downloaded it to my phone to read, as I love anything Titanic-related, and this was simply not available anywhere else. I'm still not 100% certain on Kindles, but for books that are simply not available in any other format, and if I really want to read it, I suppose I'm a little bit stuck with Kindle.

It took me a while to get into this book to be quite honest. Probably because I was only reading it, if I could not get into a book that I was currently reading, or had finished a book, and didn't have a second one with me. So it's been a slow progress with this book, but definitely worth it in the end.

WOW what a book. Although I have said in my title that yes, this book is very predictable, and I was guessing the outcome of various plotlines from about half way through the book, but however, it did not detract from the overall story.

Once I did actually put all my concentration into it, I found myself desperate to know what was going on, even avoiding starting another book, just to finish this one off. I really felt for the main characters, Nesta and Alice, and the way their storyline unfolded, was just brilliant. I won't ruin any of it for you though if you have not read it.

I'm quite impressed with the way the author handled the storyline. Even though the Titanic was only at the beginning of the book, it still felt like a lot of research had gone into it, and the events that happened afterwards. There's good "scope for the imagination" as Anne Shirley would say, in any Titanic-related books that begin with the Titanic and go through the events afterwards. In these kind of books (I can also highly recommend No Greater Love), you go straight from the Titanic and the aftermath, into the World War I, the depression, Prohibition, and then into World War II, with everything inbetween. The world that the author created really came to life for me and I found myself slap bang in that world - it came as quite a shock when I would lift my head (unfortunately from my phone) and realise that I was pretty far removed from everything that happened in that era. I can definitely imagine it as a film as well, the characters were so well described, that I now have them stuck in my head - however, I'm not sure any actresses would match what I have in my head, but they never really do.

I'm really interested to read the sequels to this, as it's following on from some of the characters that feature towards the end of this book. I'm still holding out that I will manage to stumble across this series in paperback, but having checked and eBay, it looks sadly like I'm out of luck, and this will be one series that will be Kindle only. Which is such a shame, as it is a book I would like to see on my shelf, with perhaps SLIGHTLY better covers than the Kindle editions currently have. A girl can hope.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2014 5:05 PM GMT

Betty Boop Aint She Cute Eau De Toilette Spray for Women 30 ml
Betty Boop Aint She Cute Eau De Toilette Spray for Women 30 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars So cute and quirky, 26 Nov. 2013
I had never realised that there was even a single Betty Boop perfume, never mind a range of them, until I got bought this as a present for Christmas. I've had it since Christmas 2012, and the bottle is still lasting me well. Probably because I tend to spray my perfume on my clothes, rather than on my skin.

The fragrance itself is just light enough, so you can get away with wearing it to a girls night out, rather than with your other half. The bottle is a little bit of an awkward size, so it may or may not fit in your handbag on a night out!

The bottle is also quite sturdy and has survived numerous trips off my bookcase, where it tends to end up, and is still intact, which is more than what you can say for many perfumes these days, whose bottles smash at the slightest knock.

And once the perfume bottle is empty, you can always just keep the lid and the Betty Boop figure, or keep the bottle. Or you could separate the figure from the lid, and put it somewhere nice. I however, have a similar figure to this one already, so once the bottle is empty, I'll be replacing it, rather than keeping it!

It's definitely a nice easy perfume to wear during the day, and I would highly recommend it. It wold be good to smell the other ones in the range as well - Amazon needs Smell O'Vision maybe?!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19