Profile for Brian S. Kennedy > Reviews

Content by Brian S. Kennedy

Brian S. Kennedy (Scotland, UK)

Joby GripTight Micro Stand for Smartphones
Joby GripTight Micro Stand for Smartphones
Offered by Camera Shot
Price: 16.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT PRODUCT, 24 Feb 2014
What a fantastic gadget this is - a combined clamp and tripod that really works and is so, so compact and easy to carry around.

JVL office desk chair mat rectangular shaped without grips 90 x 120cm pvc for hard floors
Offered by The Great Yorkshire Trading Company
Price: 21.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 24 Feb 2014
I needed a clear plastic mat NOT for the floor under my chair, but as a protective mat for the work surface of my computer desk. A previous desk mat (from Ikea) became a bit "wavy" after a couple of years use, so I was looking for something a bit more substantial. This mat proved ideal for this purpose being very slightly grained on one side and glass smooth on the reverse. Much larger than I really need, I was able to cut it in half so I now have a spare for future use but the 2mm thickness and its rigidity should ensure that it should not require replacement for several years or more.

Philips SHP2500/10 Indoor Corded Television Headphones
Philips SHP2500/10 Indoor Corded Television Headphones
Price: 14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT VERY LOUD, 12 Dec 2013
When I first plugged the headphones into my TV, the external speaker certainly cut out but I couldn't hear anything on the headphones. After turning the inline volume control up to "full" the sound is audible but NOT that loud - they will be adequate for me listening to my TV at night but they may not be loud enough for other users.

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2: The Unofficial Quintessential Guide
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2: The Unofficial Quintessential Guide
by Brian Matsumoto Ph.D
Price: 13.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Far More Informative then the User Manual, 9 July 2012
Having recently purchased a Lumix DMC-G2, I found the supplied User Manual (in pdf format) extremely difficult to read and understand. Fortunately, I read of this ecellent publication and had no hesitation in buying a copy. It has been a great boon and explains clearly how to access all the facilities of this feature-packed camera. If you haven't already got a copy - buy one, now!

Veho 360 Rechargeable Pop Up Speaker For All iPods and MP3 Players
Veho 360 Rechargeable Pop Up Speaker For All iPods and MP3 Players
Offered by Refresh Cartridges
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Speaker, 13 July 2011
I bought one of those just before going off on holiday. I used it with my iPod and another MP3 player in situations where I wanted background music without the hassle of wearing earphones and it was ideal - volume and quality of sound was extremely good for size of unit. I also used it with my laptop when viewing downloaded DVDs and this also gave an extra boost to the soundtrack. I would recommend it to everyone - it's tiny size takes up no space at all in your luggage or even your pocket.

Canon Black Ink Cartridge (PGI-5BK)
Canon Black Ink Cartridge (PGI-5BK)
Price: 12.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for a Branded Product, 5 Sep 2010
I have generally bought my genuine Canon Ink Cartridges online since the price in the high street shops is so exhorbitant. This purchase was the cheapest yet and great value.

Casio Unisex Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Black Resin Strap MQ24/7B
Price: 5.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 3 July 2010
I bought this watch as a replacement for a cheap and cheerful, everyday watch. I wasn't disappointed - very lightweight, clear display and half the price I could have paid elsewhere for the same model.

Vax AAA Concentrate Carpet Cleaner - 1 L
Vax AAA Concentrate Carpet Cleaner - 1 L
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value over Retail Outlets, 3 May 2010
Bought thisd item as it was much cheaper than available at local outlets. Have not yet used it so cannot comment on its performance compared with the non-concentrate fluid I previously used.