Profile for Robert Harvey > Reviews

Content by Robert Harvey

Robert Harvey (kent, england)

NHL 12 (Xbox 360)
NHL 12 (Xbox 360)
Offered by MasterDVD

4.0 out of 5 stars Big hockey fan, big EA fan. Big NHL series fan., 30 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: NHL 12 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Every year this series improves, yet every year it STILL frustrates me.

If you're new to EA NHL franchise, then buy it, it's definitely one of the better modern games in the series.

Even if you're not, I'd recommend it, it's better than NHL '10.

I still the commentary is a bit rubbish, but pretty much everyone does, it still has it's good comments now and then though.

Gameplay is good as usual, still think a few little tweaks need to be fixed though to really make it smooth, apart from that and the very few glitches then I'd say this is one of the smoothest sports games in a long time. Faceoffs are better, shooting is better, saving is better, height and weight for a change really seems to make a difference. I really like the pause menu this year, the layout of the game is much better and the in-game highlight reels give it a sense of realism. Very good. 'Interactive' goalies and nets certainly make this much better as well, and being able to hustle in front of net is great.

Soundtrack, yeah it's alright. You don't have to listen to it though.

Be A Pro mode, MUCH MUCH better than last year, arguably the highlight of the game for me, you can start from the juniors in the CHL and work your way up to the NHL to become a legend. More achievements/trophies if you start from junior though ;). If you want them that is.

GM mode, is still pretty good. Can't fault it, equally nothing that makes it superb, it does it's job well :)

Online is good and apart from like every game that has an online mode, the only downside is the 'gamers' that quit if just before they lose or something stupid like that. Or if they just use glitches. Other that that it's good.

HUT (Hockey Ultimate Team) is much better, especially being able to play offline.

Winter Classic. It's good, especially the intro to it. EA used this as an introduction to the game when you first play it. Penguins vs Capitals, nice touch.

Be A Legend I think is there for the hell of it and personally I don't play it often, same as Be A Pro apart from you assign a legend to team and play as him. The idea is good, just not keen on the execution.

This game isn't perfect and I'd still like to see improvements, but I love that they've brought back broken glasses and loss of helmets, overall a really good game and I could and do unfortunately play this game for hours.

Happy hockey gaming! :)

I'm With You
I'm With You

5.0 out of 5 stars For £4.99.. I couldn't and didn't say no., 30 Dec 2011
This review is from: I'm With You (Audio CD)
I genuinely loved this, I can understand some dislike for it, but for me it did everything right. Well, pretty much, 4 and a half stars would have probably been the better rating.

I really disliked Stadium Arcadium.. Like so many others. Before then I hadn't listened to RHCP that much, I knew who they were, I knew some of their better songs, but for some reason I just couldn't solidify myself with really liking everything they made. This changed my view on them entirely.

First song I heard was The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie, that song just grabbed me so much it's so chilled with a soft beat and melodic and I loved. Especially compared the *expletive word here* that is generally on the radio now a days. I then got searching for other songs on YouTube, Monarchy Of Roses, completely different vibe to TAOFRDM but I still loved it. (Google for a Track-By-Track review of the album, it helped me in deciding to buy it)

I saw some reviews and it seems it's the more 'hardcore' fans of the band seem to be the ones that aren't keen on it. I cracked and decided to buy it. Totally worth it. Every. Single. Penny.

Has a good mix of some psychedelic old beats, with tracks with gritty guitar cords and some softer songs (i.e Brendan's Death song, in memory of Brendan Mullen a friend and co-biographer of the band).

This is arguably one of the albums of the year for me and I've had it two hours. To me it's up there with the
Foo's - Wasting Light
City and Colour - Little Hell
and for myself Incubus - If Not Now, When?

I like this album a lot and I'm impressed with it, everyone is entitled to their own opinion about it but if you have a fiver laying around. I'd highly recommend this.

*Goes and buys more RHCP albums..*

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, 29 July 2011
Short V: Good. Works a treat. Just as good as my old one.

Long V:
Ok, I ordered this early hours of 28th July. It wasn't due to arrive until 1st - 12th August, which I wasn't greatly happy about considering it's supposedly First Class Recorded Delivery. BUT. Thank fully it arrived on Friday 29th July! I was extremely happy about this. Had to order this because Macbook (aluminium late 2008) charger was knackered, the connector that goes in Macbook I mean... Still not sure why at 2 and half years old it cut out on me but that's for another time.

I'd heard quite negative reviews about the newer chargers working well on older MB's so I was extremely focused on finding my older model charger. Although this says it's Model No is: A1184 (2006 according to my charger pack), it's actually A1330 (2009 the no. on it's charger pack).

The style is still the same style/wattage/colour all the important bits, as my previous one, so I assume this is before the newer magnetic ones became produced. One noticeable, annoying difference between the two models is that the newer one (2009) is much more of a iPod/iPad style charger in the sense that the charger pack (big white unit) fits directly into the plug, which means it's much shorter (like half the length) of what I was previously used to. So, in cunning yet also really non thought out plan, I connected the mains charger of previous one, because that was still working, and placed it into the charger pack of this one. Thankfully it didn't short-circuit my MB, the thought didn't even occur to me till after I'd done it that the plug might have a different wattage/volt output compared to the new unit pack.

So, a couple of hours in to using it, back to having a long, fully working, awkward free working charger that doesn't require a specific position to actually charge. Very pleased. I did say this was the long version..

Opteka .35x HD² Super Wide Angle Panoramic Macro Fisheye Lens for Canon EOS 1D, 5D, 6D, 7D, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 100D, 300D, 350D, 400D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 700D, 1000D, 1100D & 1200D Digital SLR Cameras
Offered by 47th Street Photo

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection perfection perfection!!, 5 May 2010
I'm currently a first year media student at university and I just really wanted something that would give a different outlook from the audiences point of view. I've got a Canon 450D and I've always been keen on fisheye lens photography yet never had the money for something deemed professional, thankfully I did some hunting and found this little beauty!

Long story short, I really can't fault this product or the company, I don't see why you would spend more on a lens when this, compared to others, is nice, cheap, solid, stable and well yeah faultless.

The delivery was extremely impressive considering it's being shipped from Brooklyn. Comes with a complimentary handy cleaning kit etc. Really worth the money, pleased I spent some of my student loan on this!

Because I'm so pleased with everything about the company, in the near future I'm going to be buying one of their lenses for my new video camera and one of their camera grips as well. Surely they'll be just as good!

Buy this!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2010 7:36 PM GMT