Profile for Javacurls > Reviews

Javacurls

ELLE by Beurer MPE38 UV Nail Lamp
ELLE by Beurer MPE38 UV Nail Lamp

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic quality UV Lamp, 10 Sept. 2013
While in the USA, I discovered UV gel manicures and decided to give it a go myself. Initially, I tried to order the Elle UV lamp through Amazon.de (where it received great reviews) since they sold the item in the voltage I needed but unfortunately they wouldn't ship the item to Belgium. So I ordered the same UV lamp through the UK site and am using the Elle UV lamp with a voltage converter.

Before using the lamp, I do apply sunscreen to my hands and then apply alcohol (at least 90% proof) to the nail bed to remove any oils. Then apply base coat followed by two coats of polish and lastly the top coat. Once I'm done, I wipe each nail with more alcohol to remove the stickiness and am left with beautiful, shiny nails.

My only experience using the Elle UV lamp is with the CND Shellac gel nail system. I used the 2 minute timer between each coat which worked perfectly. This time seems to be sufficient and I have not had any problems with the polish not drying properly. The item was packaged well and seems to be of good quality. I would highly recommend this lamp especially since it's a fraction of what the CND UV lamp cost. So far I've used the lamp twice and both times my manicure was a big success!

UPDATE: Recently, a friend gave me some Orly Gel FX polishes as a gift and I used my Elle UV lamp without any issues. Let each coat of polish set under the lamp for 2mins and the end result was beautiful. I even used my CND Shellac Base Coat & Top Coat with the colored Orly Gel polish and after one week my manicure stills looks amazing!