Profile for James Foucar > Reviews

Content by James Foucar

James Foucar "James"

oral-b humming bird with4 refills power flosser
oral-b humming bird with4 refills power flosser

1.0 out of 5 stars Product is great but sadly discontinued by OralB/Braun/Gilette; crazy price, 2 Mar 2014
I will use this product until either it dies or runs out of refills. Not sure why they stopped making it. Silly price here so hence the one star review. Also, all stock is old and the batteries leak.

Corsair 16GB Flash Padlock 2 256-Bit Encryption USB Flash Drive
Corsair 16GB Flash Padlock 2 256-Bit Encryption USB Flash Drive
Price: 27.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection for confidential personal documents, 7 Oct 2011
This memory stick provides me with the reassurance that my personal files are protected while out and about. It is easy to set up and use. With any portable data storage product, I do recommend using a product such as Microsoft's SyncToy (free) to back up the data. If the worse happens and I lost the memory stick, I have just lost the stick and not the data. This is a really good idea and we have adopted it as the corporate standard for USB memory sticks.

Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000  (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000 (Retail Packaging)
Price: 26.86

5.0 out of 5 stars A great keyboard with thin legs, 15 Mar 2010
I use this keyboard intensively in a number of locations, home, road and office. I find it really comfortable and responsive. My only complaint (and not enough to knock it down to 4*'s) is the riser legs on the base. They break off after a while as the plastic is quite flimsy and or I have heavy hands! I now support the keyboard at home and in the office on Smint boxes, which give it just the right height!

Anyone know where to get replacement legs from? Thanks.

Nilfisk Drain & Tube Cleaner
Nilfisk Drain & Tube Cleaner
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Blasts up blocked drains, 15 Mar 2010
This device is very effective when used on well-maintained drains. For drains blocked with rubble, builder's waste, solidified fat deposits, tree root ingrowth or badly offset pipes, beware! The head can get caught and in recovering the hose, you can rip the head off. Not a fault of the product but if you have drains in a very poor condition, get them professionally jetted and or relined first before using this hose.

For preventative maintenance and domestic blockages, I have found this device to be excellent. Remember to deploy it upstream TO the blockage.

A great product, and I know my drains!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars It broke!, 15 Mar 2010
A good idea let down by poor design. The filing stone broke off from the base during early use. I could not recommend this file, too flimsy.

Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 - Silver
Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars A great simple mouse, 15 Mar 2010
This is a brilliant simple mouse. Lightweight, accurate tracking, good button positioning and smooth scrolling. There are more expensive mice out there but this does the job, just right. And I do a lot of mousing 12-16 hours a day...

Searching for Schindler
Searching for Schindler
by Thomas Keneally

5.0 out of 5 stars Searching for Schindler, finding himself?, 10 Oct 2009
First, I must declare an interest. I am writing a book about the Holocaust. I bought this book to learn how Keneally went about the craft. In that, I was not disappointed and quite happy to vicariously experience some of Keneally's struggles and so maybe avoid the same problems myself.

The story of how the original Schindler's Ark/List came to be written is now well-known. Keneally adds depth to the story and then takes us on a journey of discovery. There is no self-aggrandisement and at times, Keneally leaves us wondering about how he overcame some of his personal demons.

The book is both enlightening and entertaining. Five stars certainly.

Earex Advance Ear Wax Removal Drops With Dual Action 15ml
Earex Advance Ear Wax Removal Drops With Dual Action 15ml
Offered by Greens Pharmacy
Price: 5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the business..., 22 Sep 2009
I have tried many ear wax removers and this one does the business. I count the drops going in and then let them go to work. There is no oily residue as with some products and no irritation to my ears.

Time Management for Unmanageable People
Time Management for Unmanageable People
by Ann McGee-Cooper
Price: 10.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tips for us unmanagables, 30 July 2009
Having read a lot of books preaching time management at me, I was glad to find this book that writes with me, not at me. I have since adopted one or two of the tips in this book, adapting them to suit me.

I recommend this book for those struggling with "conventional" time management books.

How to Write a Non-fiction Book in 60 Days
How to Write a Non-fiction Book in 60 Days
by Paul Lima

5.0 out of 5 stars A system that works, 16 Feb 2009
I was struggling to find a book that simply sets out how to write a non-fiction book.

I wanted a methodology that is proven to work, and I have found it in Paul's excellent book.

Paul takes the best techniques out there (freefall/stream of conciousness writing) (clustering/mind mapping) and integrates them into a logical system that is easy to follow.

I am now on my way to getting my first draft together and I can see light at the end of the tunnel. My writing project has become less fearful thanks to Paul.