Profile for mark > Reviews

Content by mark

mark (North east england)

To Lose My Life ...
To Lose My Life ...
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock and Roll, 22 Dec 2012
This review is from: To Lose My Life ... (MP3 Download)
I heard a few of their songs when away on a trip. This was the first album I came to and every song is excellent, Great rocky pop sounds that sound fresh and powerful.

This Silence Kills
This Silence Kills
Price: 4.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightfully quirky, 22 Dec 2012
This review is from: This Silence Kills (MP3 Download)
And now for something different.... Dillon pens lyrics that seem improbable but sound completely natural. A unique and evocative voice too.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Fancy scales, 21 Feb 2011
I have only just got these scales so can't provide an in depth review however I will point out a couple of useful things. I bought these on the basis of the dcrainmaker review which is exhaustive and highly recommended if you are considering buying these. I am using them with a garmin edge 800 - it works seamlessly with the scales (Although you do have to connect the edge with USB) - to view all 9 fields you must upload them to garmin connect.

In the UK you don't get the ANT+ wireless stick or the Tanita healthy edge software so bear this in mind - you MUST have a compatible garmin device.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2011 5:17 AM BST

Sony DSCHX5VB Cyber-shot Digital Camera - Black (10MP, 10x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Well suited for sports photography, 8 Dec 2010
I bought this to replace a canon powershot sx210is. I got rid of the canon because it is unsuitable for sports photography (Where you need to take shot after shot) with 3.5s between shots, slow powerup and a unusable continuous mode. The Sony will do 10 frames a second and is about 1.5s between shots making it eminently more suitable. I cannot comment on the quality difference or the video features as I don't use them regularly. The panorama feature on the Sony is also more than just a gimmick being something I use a lot. The anti shake mode is also very useful for taking picture in low light without the need for flash.

I am sure that the canon is superior in terms of image quality and it has a bigger zoom but if you want a superzoom with a decent continuous mode then this could be worth considering.