Profile for J. Yates > Reviews

Content by J. Yates

J. Yates "Jenny_Y8S" (UK)

Bose ® SoundLink ® Mini Bluetooth Speaker - SIlver
Bose ® SoundLink ® Mini Bluetooth Speaker - SIlver

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it for the quality., 13 Nov 2013
Excellent speaker. Well built. Reliable pairing. Looks great. Easy to use.
AWESOME SOUND!
Seriously. It's amazing. It doesn't just sound good 'for something this small'. It sounds good for something much much larger.
I promise you, this little baby will put many larger systems to shame.

ARCTIC Charger Pro 4 Rev. 2 - Universal 4 Port USB Charger - Max Output 2500 mA - US/UK/EU Plug Adapter and Pouch included
Offered by PreisCompany

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted five minutes, 20 April 2013
Worked for five minutes (Charging an iPad and an iPhone) and then never worked again. Was very hot when it stopped working with that plastic / burning smell so common on cheap power supplies that die.

It has pretty cheap build quality and is very light weight, it felt lighter than a standard iPad charger. Also the high capacity ports are not colour coded like the picture. All the USB charging ports have a very loose feel to them. If you're used to the Apple chargers which grip the USB plugs tightly so they won't slip out then this feels terrible in comparison.

My advice. Avoid at all costs.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2014 4:41 PM GMT

The Sky Lords
The Sky Lords
by John Brosnan

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth reading, 29 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Sky Lords (Paperback)
It's difficult to write a review for this book as I know my love for it (and it's sequels) is very personal. The writing isn't amazing, but the settings work for the story and I liked the character(s).

The only thing I do want to say is I found the ending of the series of books is quite possible one of the best endings of any sci-fi series I've ever read.

If you stumble upon these books then give them a chance! Please!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2014 5:16 AM GMT

Kolay Clear Gel Back Cover Tough TPU Case for Apple iPad 2
Kolay Clear Gel Back Cover Tough TPU Case for Apple iPad 2

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain!, 21 April 2011
I bought the clear iPad 2 Silicone case to match a similar one I have on my iPhone. It looks and feels good quality and it's a pretty great fit (I'd say the hole for the mic is maybe bigger than it needs to but not by much). My iPhone case is a Belkin silicone, this one feels smoother, imagine satin paint + talcum powder feel rather than the Belkin which feels like a care tyre.

I love the clear look over the aluminium back, it doesn't change the colour and keeps the ipad looking like an ipad.

I've yet to fit the screen protector that came with it, but it looks okay. No instructions with it, but that's what google is for.

All in all, for £[] inc postage it's the bargain of the year!