Profile for Paul Chapman > Reviews

CLEAR GROOVE - Advanced Vinyl Record Cleaner
CLEAR GROOVE - Advanced Vinyl Record Cleaner
Offered by Net Utopia

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !, 17 Mar. 2014
Very impressed with product & the large bottle is very good value

Just the lightest of sprays is sufficient

Recommended !

Since I Saw You Last
Since I Saw You Last
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps The Greatest Recording In Music History .... But Beware ...., 20 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Since I Saw You Last (Audio CD)
My Gary Barlow CD actually arrived on the day my Dog died.

I was slightly more surprised to discover that my Dog actually came back to life, such is the raw power of The Barlow.

However, I'd avoid carrying this fabulous item with you when you leave the house just in case you wander past a Pet Semetary, I could only imagine what would happen......

Sex Mix
Sex Mix

1.0 out of 5 stars Frankie Say...... Mono?, 10 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Sex Mix (Audio CD)
Firstly, this CD should be heaven for us Frankie fans, but as you can see from other reviews the first 5 track are NOT Mono, they are one channel.

Clearly whomever mastered this CD, didn't pay any attention to the job at hand.

Now mistakes of course can happen, but there has been no firm response from Salvo/ZTT as to what they intend to do to rectify the error, they have stated that they plan to issue a Lossless replacement, as/when/if the appropriate master is found.

But, they MUST have had the original master, as it's unbelievable that ZTT only had the one channel master, why would that occur?.

It's with a heavy heart that I've given this a one star review, as I love Frankie Goes to Hollywood but, standards are important.

Even members of the band have expressed their annoyance at this glaring error& but even they haven't even had a single response from Salvo/ZTT

Avoid this release until the problem is rectified.

My copy is being returned as faulty
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2016 12:26 AM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous In The Wrong Hands......, 10 May 2012
Incredible, My canvas print of Paul Ross actually arrived on the day my Dog died.

You of course can imagine that actually opening the parcel certainly lifted my spirits on a very horrible emotional day, I was slightly more surprised to discover that my Dog actually came back to life, such is the raw power of Paul Ross.

Trading Places [Blu-ray] [1983] [US Import]
Trading Places [Blu-ray] [1983] [US Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Blu Ray Transfer of A True Classic, 4 Feb. 2012
I'm not going to review the film, no need to.

The region free transfer breaths new life into this 25 year old movie, it's sharp (but not too sharp!).

An immaculate transfer!

Absolute
Absolute

3.0 out of 5 stars Ouch My Ears !!, 5 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Absolute (Audio CD)
Firstly, you can't fault the songs.

An uneven tracklisting is frankly bizarre including notable omissions & it's running order is all over the place.

But the one thing that stunned me the most is the awful remastering & the fact that the volume has been cranked to the max seemingly to apease the Ipod generation, it's shrill at best.

This band deserves a better product

Let's hope who ever remastered this, isn't asked to remaster Cupid & Psyche 85 (if this seminal album ever gets the deluxe treatment).

I Need A Dollar (Acoustic)
I Need A Dollar (Acoustic)

1.0 out of 5 stars Why Oh Why?, 18 Nov. 2011
Now you can put the blame for this kind of pointless cover squarely at the feet of BBC Radio One Live Lounge.

What started out as a good idea has now got to the point where we get Pixie Lott covering Aloe Blacc.

Could there really be a worse choice of artist to cover a song?.

Pixie Lott doesn't need a Dollar or a Pound, she has dozens of contracts for this that & the other (mainly the other). Ih fact an interview doesn't go by without "Pixie" namechecking a brand or seven.

Maybe this is meant to be Ironic, I doubt it!

Crowded House: Dreaming - The Videos [DVD]
Crowded House: Dreaming - The Videos [DVD]
Dvd ~ Crowded House
Offered by TwoRedSevens

3.0 out of 5 stars Does The Job But The Songs Deserve Better !, 19 May 2011
Ok, It's fantastic to have almost all of this fine band's promo videos on one collection.

But nothing has been done to remaster the picture quality, this doesn't just apply to the early tracks, but throughout.

As for the audio, the Dolby 2.0 option is clear if unremarkable, the Dolby 5.0 doesn't do the songs justice.

So all in all, a great collection but EMI/Capitol could have tried harder !!

A History Of Violence [DVD]
A History Of Violence [DVD]
Dvd ~ Viggo Mortensen
Offered by Rikdev Media

2.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointing Film of Two Halves........., 9 April 2011
This review is from: A History Of Violence [DVD] (DVD)
The first 45 mins were excellent, but once we find whether he is or isn't Joey (it isn't hard to work out let's face it), the film lapses into very routine territory, in my opinion the film really folds thereafter.

Acting prior to this was of a high standard but William Hurt's brief appearance doesn't help.

The sex scene seems very unnecessary not to mention gratuitous.

A major disappointment given all the good reviews.

Welcome to the Pleasure Dome: 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
Welcome to the Pleasure Dome: 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Welcome Back To The Pleasuredome !, 18 May 2010
I'm astounded by the reviews here !

Firstly, the remaster is excellent, people are used to remasters being 100 decibels (for the deaf Ipod generation). This new remaster brings out even more subtle detail.

Regarding CD2, I'm amazed some people are moaning about it.

Firstly all tracks are taken from the original master tapes (the first time this has ever happened with the exception of The Sonic Collection SACD). They may seem like a mixed bag to some & I agree to a point, the Greek Mix of Relax will never be essential, however you have Greatest Bits (as mentioned is the cassette mix of Relax) which in my opinion is the only mix you'll ever need.

In addition, excellent demo's, a fantastic mix of The Ballad of 32, the only track that shouldn't even really be on this is Watusi Love Juicy which doesn't date from this album, but a curio never the less

The issue is the access to the "Goodies Cupboard". Like a lot of bands archives, labelling was incorrect if at all on many, hence the Pleasure Fix mix of WTTPD & Starfix mix of Only Star In Heaven (both overrated "instrumentals", were indeed found but too late for inclusion.

What we do have finally, is an amazing album finally being given the treatment is DESERVES.

Frankly (or should that be Frankiely?)at this bargain price, who can really complain??
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2011 5:16 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2