Profile for the definitive reviewer > Reviews

Content by the definitive...

the definitive reviewer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
US Government and Politics (Politics Study Guides)
US Government and Politics (Politics Study Guides)
by William Storey

1.0 out of 5 stars I am very disappointed and so will my students, 7 April 2015
How can the new edition be out of stock so soon? What are the printers playing at? As a loyal buyer of William Storey politics books- both previous editions bought in bulk, I am very disappointed and so will my students. They were counting on getting this book before going on study leave in MId- May. It has thrown their revision into disarray.

Norton Internet Security 21.0 - 1 Computer, 1 Year Subscription (PC) [2014 Edition]
Offered by EU Software

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Nov. 2014
Norton always the best anti viral software out there. Very rarely fails in its duty to protect my computer.

Sisters of War [DVD]
Sisters of War [DVD]
Dvd ~ Claire Van Der Boom

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 8 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Sisters of War [DVD] (DVD)
This film didn't do it for me and I left it after about 50 minutes. Enough said

The Walking Dead - Season 1-3 [DVD] [2010]
The Walking Dead - Season 1-3 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Andrew Lincoln
Offered by encorerecords

4.0 out of 5 stars Top class series with superb characterisation and constantly developing plot ..., 8 Nov. 2014
Top class series with superb characterisation and constantly developing plot. You'll be watching this non-stop until the very end, I guarantee it.

Smiffys Flying Hat (Brown)
Smiffys Flying Hat (Brown)

1.0 out of 5 stars Due to a quite appalling smell - something like petroleum spirit but even worse, 8 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Smiffys Flying Hat (Brown) (Toy)
Due to a quite appalling smell - something like petroleum spirit but even worse, I never wore this cap. Tried washing it by hand and in the machine (twice) but no change at all. Leaving it in a room left the room smelling horrible- why is this so bad? Disappointed to say the least.

Falling Skies - Season 1-2 [DVD]
Falling Skies - Season 1-2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Noah Wyle

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing like as good as Walking Dead which would attain 5* ..., 8 Nov. 2014
Nothing like as good as Walking Dead which would attain 5* in a review. Had I known I would probably not have bought the box set.

Recount - Kevin Spacey [DVD] [2008]
Recount - Kevin Spacey [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Kevin Spacey
Offered by Amazin' Movie Store

5.0 out of 5 stars A great cast led by Kevin Spacey, 8 Nov. 2014
I can't quite fathom why no one else has reviewed this quite superb film about the 2000 US presidential election. A great cast led by Kevin Spacey, Laura Dern and John Hurt and a fast moving plot ensure viewer interest throughout the 2 + hours. Based on the disputed and now notorious 2000 election in which Al Gore, despite winning the popular vote by some 500,000 +, still lost the election, due to a quirk of the First Past the Post electoral system. As a teacher of Politics I already knew the story so could appreciate the technicalities of the somewhat labrythine process which is an American presidential election. Without wishing to spoil your viewing, if you stick with this movie I guarantee you will be shocked and appalled in equal measure by the behaviour of campaigners in November 2000 who stopped at nothing to gain an edge. This must be in my top 10 all time great films. Fantastic.

Atomic Cafe [DVD] [1982] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Atomic Cafe [DVD] [1982] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

2.0 out of 5 stars My 20 year old VHS tape is better quality, 3 May 2014
Stupid, silly silly me- thought all DVD's were uniformly of a higher standard than old fashioned VHS. Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Timberland Earthkeepers Kiawahby, Men's Loafers, Taupe Distressed, 9 UK
Timberland Earthkeepers Kiawahby, Men's Loafers, Taupe Distressed, 9 UK
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Timberland quality, 3 May 2014
This shoe harks back to an era when Timberland shoes were uniformly and consistently of a standard. For some unfathomable reason best known to UK shoe retailers, this model is no longer available in our shops. My pair was shipped in from Germany of all places.

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Budapest
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Budapest
by Collectif
Edition: Flexibound

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm not stupid, but.., 3 May 2014
As an university educated seasoned European traveller you'd think a visit to Budapest would be as easy as taking the dog for a walk. However, I had no clue how to navigate the streets of Budapest using this guide. So I never even went there.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4