Profile for kdl > Reviews

KAMPA PORTAFLUSH 10 CAMPING TOILET, CHEMICAL LOO
KAMPA PORTAFLUSH 10 CAMPING TOILET, CHEMICAL LOO
Offered by SK Camping

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 27 Aug 2014
Bought this for our campervan, leaked !!! Chemical blue cleaner all over the floor, ruined :(

The Kashmir Shawl
The Kashmir Shawl

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
This review is from: The Kashmir Shawl (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic book.

The Nemesis Program (Ben Hope, Book 9)
The Nemesis Program (Ben Hope, Book 9)
by Scott Mariani

5.0 out of 5 stars Scott's back with a vengance :-D, 13 July 2014
To be fair, I've loved the Ben Hope series from the start, however, the last 2 have differed in that I felt they were rushed, were completely implausible, (even for Ben Hope ! ) and didn't enjoy them. I gave it a last shot with The Nemesis Program ............ and he's back !!!!!!! Loved every single page, the style of writing, the detail to plot, history, geography, technical knowledge and romantic tension. Thank you so much Scott, you've got it right and I will twiddle thumbs until the next one :-D Fantastic !!

Rocket Dog Women's Honeypup Tribal Brown Flats 4 UK
Rocket Dog Women's Honeypup Tribal Brown Flats 4 UK
Offered by SOLETRADER-OUTLET

5.0 out of 5 stars So amazing, I've just bought my second pair !!, 31 Jan 2014
I've had these boots for 3 years now and worn them frequently. Unlike silly Ugg-shaped boots, the firm foot area keeps it's shape. They are amazingly warm and very comfy. Not great in the rain, but then for that arena you need leather boots or welly boots. Mine are still in great shape for every day wear, however, time for a new pair.......... same ones !! Highly recommended.

Rick Stein's India
Rick Stein's India
by Rick Stein

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding !!!, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Rick Stein's India (Hardcover)
I'm a naturally good cook but absolutely hate all cooking except Indian food. Had lots of books over the years but not cooked Indian for a long time. Rick Stein's India inspired me because the food has been developed by real people with real lives. Bought the book 3 weeks ago and have eaten recipes from there most nights since. It's really enthused me in the kitchen, the food is amazing and the pictures and information fantastic. Absolutely wonderful book, tempted to buy another in case it ever goes out of print !!!!!!!!!

iRobot Roomba 620 Vacuum Cleaning Robot, White/Black
iRobot Roomba 620 Vacuum Cleaning Robot, White/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and liberating !!!, 7 Aug 2013
I absolutely adore Sooty already. Feet up with my book, watching Sooty hoover around and under objects, over my oak flooring and up onto my rug. Can't believe how much dirt and fluff it's picked up already, floor looked clean before !!! Not too noisy and so cute the way it realises it needs some charge and heads off back to his little nook to connect. Fantastic buy !!!!!!

The Armada Legacy (Ben Hope, Book 8)
The Armada Legacy (Ben Hope, Book 8)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to his usual standard, 7 Jun 2013
I've read all of the Ben Hope series and have loved them. I felt that The Sacred Sword wasn't as good as every other book in the series, however, I ploughed on and awaited The Armada Legacy with Hope in my heart ;o). Sadly I'm fairly disappointed. I even skipped a fair amount of it, it used to be because I was so intrigued I cldn't wait, but this time I really cldn't be bothered. The strength in his writing lies in his historic detail, to be honest, it didn't really amount to much in this novel and that's okay really, however, the story was weak too. How one woman can escape from a heavily-guarded compound in the middle of a rainforest and then be found by one man who makes his way into that same forest over a few pages I don't know. The key is the chunks of prose that are missing to make these feats believable. I feel that Scott is rushing out a book a year and that strategy is costing him richness of writing. I'm not giving up on the series, however, I do hope that the next one is up to the same standard as the first 6. Fingers crossed.

BUFF Multifunctional Scarf WOMEN MALFI
BUFF Multifunctional Scarf WOMEN MALFI

5.0 out of 5 stars great fit for girlies, 3 May 2013
By far the nicest buff have ever worn, most are a little baggy due to unisex sizing. This is narrower and more efficient. Pretty too :)

The Tower
The Tower
by Simon Toyne

4.0 out of 5 stars Different style to previous but great read, 3 May 2013
This review is from: The Tower (Paperback)
I must admit, I complained a little at the 'american detective' slant this book took compared to the wonderfully atmospheric first 2 of the trilogy; I audibly groaned when 'donuts' were being scoffed on the hoof by the detective !!!!! However..............

I cannot deny that I was completely unable to put the book down, I literally read most of it over a whole day, to the detriment of all else. The twist at the end had me gasping and sitting bolt upright. Very well written, great imagery, loved the ending.

The Key (Sancti Trilogy 2)
The Key (Sancti Trilogy 2)
by Simon Toyne

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute must read !, 14 April 2013
I read this book in one day and an hour. I really couldn't stop turning the pages. An excellent sequel to Sanctus with a fair twist near the end which made me gasp loudly !! Made better by just discovering a final book in the series has just been released !!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5