Profile for dizzyshelly > Reviews

Content by dizzyshelly

dizzyshelly "dizzyshelly" (Poole, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Picture Perfect
Picture Perfect

3.0 out of 5 stars Different to my expectations, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Picture Perfect (Kindle Edition)
This is my fourth Jodi Picoult book and in some ways was slightly disappointing as the style was very different to what I was used to. That being said, I did enjoy the book and thought the characters were well written. I didn't find the book as gripping but still enjoyed the journey.

Moon Dance (Vampire for Hire Book 1)
Moon Dance (Vampire for Hire Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Only downloaded because it was free, 26 Dec 2012
And was pleasantly surprised. I couldn't put the book down and have immediately bought the next book! Loved the characters and the story line. Can't wait to read the rest of them!

Accident
Accident
by Danielle Steel
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad but good, 31 July 2008
This review is from: Accident (Mass Market Paperback)
This book starts off getting to know the characters. The comes the inevitable accident. Thats where the tears start! As you get closer to the main characters you find yourself on a roller coaster ride. One page makes you cry, the next makes you want to jump for joy.

It really shows how good things can happen amongst the bad. Definately a good book to curl up on the sofa with a hot chocolate!

From a Buick 8
From a Buick 8
by Stephen King

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not the best, 13 July 2008
This review is from: From a Buick 8 (Paperback)
I have read a few Stephen King books, and whilst the likes of the Shining and Misery had me on the edge of my seat, feeling a little freaked out, this book just didnt have the same affect on me. Although I enjoyed it and will still pass it on, I was a little dissapointed with it.

Cold Shoulder
Cold Shoulder
by Lynda La Plante

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Good, 18 Jun 2008
This review is from: Cold Shoulder (Paperback)
I was passed this book as my mum had really enjoyed it and went on and read the other two!

This book is about Lorraine Page who is an alchoholic. She used to be a cop, but due to drink lost her job and became a prostitute. She lost her family, her friends, her house, everything except what she stood up in.

The first chapter shows her losing her job and her hubby moving out. Then we skip a few years untl we see her starting to sort herself out, with the help of Rosie. She becomes involved in hunting down a serial killer.

This book is very gripping and enjoyable and shows you the struggles that the individuals have with their demons. I cant wait to read the next one!

My Sister's Keeper
My Sister's Keeper
by Jodi Picoult

5.0 out of 5 stars Cried my eyes out!, 9 Jun 2008
This review is from: My Sister's Keeper (Paperback)
This book is truly amazing. With the whole designer baby issue becoming bigger each year, this really makes you look at the moral implications of the situation. In this particular story Anna is "created" in order to help her sister who has a rare form of lukemia.

Each chapter is from the view point of several different characters in the book, and you find yourself changing your points of view about things each time a new chapter begins.

The twist at the end was completely shocking and unexpected and I cant believe how much I cried. Definately not a book to read in public!

Forget Me Not
Forget Me Not
by Mandasue Heller

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Jun 2008
This review is from: Forget Me Not (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book and could not put it down.

Basically it is the story of 12 year old Lisa and her prostitute mother who become involved with a serial killer when he starts killing people that they know or are friends with.

You get really close to the characters in this book and really feel for them as things happen. Certainly a page turner and definately recomended for those that love this sort of book.

Two Women
Two Women
by Martina Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 30 May 2008
This review is from: Two Women (Paperback)
This for me is classic Martina. I have read a fair few of her books, and this one was brilliant.

Its quite violent in places, but its a great story. Like has been mentioned in other reviews, the summary on the back of the book is a tad misleading, as the book is mostly about Susan, but nevertheless it really is a good book. Its not for the faint hearted!

Cat
Cat
by Freya North

3.0 out of 5 stars Undecided, 30 May 2008
This review is from: Cat (Paperback)
I gave this book a 3, because I cant decide quite how I feel about it.

I found the style of the book hard to read at times, and there was an awful lot of Tour de France info, which I just plain didnt understand (I have no interest in the Tour de France!). Aside from that, once I was into the book, I was desperate to find out what happened and the second half of the book I read extremely quickly.

It hasnt put me off reading other books by the same author though, reading the other reviews seems to suggest this may have been one of the least favourite from Freya North and I look forward to giving another a go!!

Relentless
Relentless
by Simon Kernick
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Not to read at home alone at night!, 18 April 2008
This review is from: Relentless (Mass Market Paperback)
I found this book quite scary. I couldn't put it down, and was tempted to stay at home from work to finish it! From page one this book kept you guessing, who is it? What will happen next. I was not disappointed with the end. A must for all those thriller/horror fans out there. It is very fast paced and doesnt take long to read which is possibly the only bad point about it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6