Profile for HYWEL P Roberts > Reviews

Content by HYWEL P Roberts

HYWEL P Roberts "Hywel" (Bristol)

AURAGLOW 14w LED E27 Screw Light Bulb, Warm White, 75w Equivalent - DIMMABLE
AURAGLOW 14w LED E27 Screw Light Bulb, Warm White, 75w Equivalent - DIMMABLE
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good bulbs, 17 Jan. 2015
I have been very pleased with these lights after trying a number of alternatives, we use them in two Kitchen downlights over a large kitchen table. They have a great warm light and dim perfectly.

LE 5.5W G45 E27 LED Bulbs, 40W Incandescent Bulbs Equivalent, 420lm, Warm White, 2700K, Golf Ball Bulbs, LED Light Bulbs, Pack of 10 Units
Offered by Neon Mart

1.0 out of 5 stars Definately not sure about the quality of these particular bulbs, 10 Jan. 2015
I bought two packs of 10 of these bulbs, after just over a month, of relatively low use, in proper non-dimmable lamps, seven of the twenty bulbs had failed. I may just have had a bad batch, but the box says a life expectancy of 50,000 hrs. I don't know if it is connected, but I see that they are now unavailable. I am expecting more to fail. I am sending seven back to Amazon. Update 16th April 2015:- Five of my second batch of 10 bulbs have now failed and I will be sending the whole second batch back to Amazon soon. They are described as having extremely long life. My experience is that they gave been,in my view, the worst bulbs for reliability, that I have ever purchased.

Basics Animation 04: Stop-motion
Basics Animation 04: Stop-motion
by Barry Purves

5.0 out of 5 stars Your guide to stop-motion, 9 May 2010
This book is a treasure to behold, animator or anyone with an interest in stop-motion. Structured in a practical manner, it allows easy access to a wealth of expertise; from someone who has brought an unprecedented amount of life to this art form. Barry gives an insight to the origins of stop-motion and uses a wide range of examples from animation to theatre, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of the different process available in the making of a stop-motion animated film, thus allowing the reader to decide on the most suitable approach to bring their story to life.