Profile for Mrs. Julia Barr > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Julia Barr

Mrs. Julia Barr "joolesbarr" (England)

Pukka Organic Peppermint and Licorice 20 Sachets (Pack of 4, Total 80 Sachets)
Pukka Organic Peppermint and Licorice 20 Sachets (Pack of 4, Total 80 Sachets)
Price: 7.66

2.0 out of 5 stars Far too sweet for me, 6 April 2014
I love herbal tea but this one is so sweet I couldn't drink it, it really set my teeth on edge....if you have a very sweet tooth perfect, if not you may want to give this one a miss

Kenwood FPP220 Food Processor - White
Kenwood FPP220 Food Processor - White
Price: 42.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 9 Jun 2013
I am surprised this is a kenwood product. It does the job it is supposed to but is really loud. Sounds like it won't last for very long. I had to turn a lot of bread into breadcrumbs....it was a trying event that left me half deaf and nerves jangled!!!! It will do for now but I would not buy this product again. My advice pay more money for a decent model.

Original Rubik's Cube
Original Rubik's Cube
Offered by Wi-Shop
Price: 10.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Read reviews before buying, 5 Dec 2012
I ordered two of these cubes for Christmas presents and was so disappointed when they arrived. They came is cheap damaged boxes, not the one advertised, there were no booklets provided as stated in the advert, they are so much smaller than I remember and so cheap looking I will be sending them right back. I have learned my lesson... read reviews before you part with over 23.00 as I did for what is clearly rubbish. Save your money and don't bother. I am surprised at all the bad reviews that Amazon is still selling this product through their site.

Plenty
Plenty
by Yotam Ottolenghi
Price: 17.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Some great recipes, 13 Jun 2010
This review is from: Plenty (Hardcover)
A really lovely book with some wonderful recipes. The aubergine, mango and noodle salad and the black pepper tofu are some of my favorites.

But I would say that if you are after a quick supper then this is not the book for you, I feel that I use nearly every pan in the house with some of the recipes!!!

He also seems to use a lot of oil and fat in his recipes so I tend to cut that down to suit mine and my families own tastes.

It is a great book for weekend meals and special occasions, a great addition to anyones shelf.

Forgotten Skills of Cooking: The time-honoured ways are the best - over 700 recipes show you why
by Darina Allen
Price: 20.40

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book, 9 April 2010
I collect cook book and cook from scratch as much as I can - with the help of this wonderful book, I have, for the first time ever, made my own yogurt and butter - the yogurt is so easy and the most fantastic yogurt I have ever eaten, the butter - to die for. In fact the recipes are easy to follow and don't use ingredients that you probably don't already use. This book has enabled me to make food that we eat every day and use pre packaged food even less. The recipes do take time so not for everyone but, if like me, you are trying to cut down your reliance on supermarkets then this is the book for you.

Economy Gastronomy: Eat Better and Spend Less
Economy Gastronomy: Eat Better and Spend Less
by Allegra McEvedy
Price: 16.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Economy Gastronomy, 18 Aug 2009
I have collected cookbooks for years. I have 100s but this is one of the best for good honest everyday food. I have made many of the recipes, I have never followed a recipe for spag bog but after following the bedrock recipe it was the best I have ever tasted and the coronation chicken was fantastic. This is a book I will use every day - if I had to pick a fault I would say that the recipes are not for the cook who is looking for food to be cooked in 15 minutes, every recipe takes time and love, which is what makes them so good.

The Red Tent
The Red Tent
by Anita Diamant
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Girlpower at its best, 15 Aug 2008
This review is from: The Red Tent (Paperback)
The one book every woman should read - this is the first story of girlpower - the fact that it is based on a bible story is not a big factor and could put people off, it shouldn't. It is a story of the special bond between women and their friendships. A powerful and beautiful book.