Profile for andie75 > Reviews

Content by andie75

andie75

The Orchard Book of Nursery Rhymes (Books for Giving)
The Orchard Book of Nursery Rhymes (Books for Giving)
by Zena Sutherland

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, a lovely present., 7 Jun. 2012
This book is beautifully illustrated, and contains all the main Nursery Rhymes that I remember from my childhood. I bought it for my 2 year old daughter, and it's already one of her favourite books.
I would also consider buying it again in future, for a special present.
The only downside was, I would have liked to have seen the additional verses for some of the rhymes. For example, I know that Jack and Jill has another verse, but only one is included.
Despite this, well worth the money. A lovely looking book.

Topsy and Tim: Start School
Topsy and Tim: Start School
by Jean Adamson

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 7 Jun. 2012
My little boy starts school in September, so I wanted a book that would explain to him what will happen when he goes. This book ticked all the boxes. It is written in a cheerful and positive style, and has made him start asking questions about his new adventure. I didn't want a complicated step-by-step guide to the school day, I thought this would just make him more nervous. I just wanted a simple story about the main facts, in order to prepare him for his first day. This book delivered just that....perfect.