Profile for Michael Philip > Reviews

Content by Michael Philip

Michael Philip "Time is the most precious thing that we ever have." (West Midlands, U.K)

Page: 1 | 2
Akasa Viper High Performance S-Flow 12cm Fan
Akasa Viper High Performance S-Flow 12cm Fan
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool :p, 23 May 2014
Ok, I don't know much about what makes a good fan apart from the advice I got from a friend. But basically this fan meets my low noise requirements, was easy to install with the rubber mounts supplied and has given me no problems thus far. The airflow direction was clearly indicated and it was well packaged and presented.

So I gave it 5 star because it's live up to my expectations. Could it be quieter? maybe, but for me, it was a an acceptable level. Thinking about replacing the little side fan with one too just for the sake of it.

Ionic GUARDIAN Armor Case for LG Google Nexus 4 (Black)
Ionic GUARDIAN Armor Case for LG Google Nexus 4 (Black)
Offered by CrazyOnDigital Corp
Price: 4.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice sturdy case, 8 Feb 2013
This case is nice and solid feeling. The corners are a little rubbery, but I do feel they could have been a little more so to aid the grip a little better. The fit to the phone is nice and snug and I like the design on it.

The rubbery bits on back helps it not to slide off of smooth surfaces and all the hole are precisely in the right place for camera, speaker etc. There is a nice healthy sized edge on the screen side that will help prevent the screen from hitting the floor if dropped. Personally, I feel you can't go to wrong with this case. I did already have a silicon cover for it, but this one is so much better. It was a little pricey, but it is well made and you can see that good work has been put into it.

I'd recommend this, or a cover like it for this phone, especially as I have seen allot about the cracks it can get if dropped :)

2x HP 338 Black & 1x 343 Colour Remanufactured Ink Cartridge For Deskjet 460c 460cb 460wbt 460wf 5740 5745 6520 6540 6540d 6620 6840 9800 9800d H470 H470b H470wbt 6205 6210 6215 K7100 7210 7310 7410 PSC 1507 1510 1510s 1600 1610 2350 2355 2355p 1600 1610 Photosmart 2570 2575 2610 2710 C3170 C3180 C3180s C3175 C3190 7850 8150 8450 8450gp 8750 8750gp Pro B8350 Printers. FREE DELIVERY!
Offered by Ink Jungle Ltd. (VAT Receipt Supplied)
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice replacement inks, 8 Feb 2013
Fit straight in and produced perfect prints from first installation. Packaged properly and included return envelopes to return old cartridges. What more is there to say, seems a good buy :)

LG Nexus 4 E960 Wave Hydro Gel Case Cover includes High capacitive Touch screen Stylus - Clear
Offered by MGT Group
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Gel Case, 8 Feb 2013
This gel case is ok, and comes with a screen protector and this little stylus thing which I like to use. The stylus plugs into the earphone jack so it's quite handy to carry around I find.

The screen protector does the job, but it seems to not want to stay flush at the edges, No biggie, but does not look so good. The touch screen works just fine though.

The gel case is not quite as grippy as I would have liked it to be, but still, it better than the slippery phone itself. It felt like it would be ok protection, but in the end I opted for this more expensive GUARDIAN Armour Case which I think is a much better case for my needs.

Still though, this one is fine for the price.

GENUINE OFFICIAL NOKIA BP-4L BATTERY CASEMERE PACKAGED
GENUINE OFFICIAL NOKIA BP-4L BATTERY CASEMERE PACKAGED
Offered by BEST SOLUTION
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, 29 Nov 2012
Basically after charging, this battery lasted a whole lot longer than I expected. My old battery had worn right out and I did get a replacement battery before that ended up being fake which was even worse than the worn out battery. This one gets me right through the day with some a fair amount of power to spare while my old battery would struggle and basically die out before the day was out. Pleased :)

18 Tone Deaf Music Soft Nylon Guitar Plectrums
18 Tone Deaf Music Soft Nylon Guitar Plectrums
Offered by Tone Deaf Music
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars These will do, 29 Nov 2012
Nice selection of Picks. The material is a bit slippery in the fingers so could do with some kind of grip maybe, but all in all a good deal

Elixir 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Sets Ultra-Thin Nanoweb Coating - Light (0.012 - 0.053)
Offered by Yannichrome
Price: 11.15

5.0 out of 5 stars New lease of life to my guitar, 29 Nov 2012
Was getting fed up with my electro acoustic guitar. Had action improved and electrics fixed and nerw string, but just did not like the sound of it. Decided to spend a little more on these strings and BANG! What a difference. Great feel too. I did not realise that the strings made that much difference. Although I cannot say anyting about it, I read reviews all over that says that these strings also last a whole lot lot longer than the cheaper versions I have been using.These are the strings I will be using from now on.

Behringer C-3 Studio Condenser Microphones
Behringer C-3 Studio Condenser Microphones
Price: 45.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Good budget Mic, 27 Oct 2012
I am only just getting into making music recordings using my voice and electro-acoustic guitar. I am using this mic with a M-Audio Fast Track. This mic has worked out well and produces a nice enough sound. Remember that this Mic requires that you have Phantom Power, which my M-Audio supplies, otherwise you will not hear much as the volume will be too low.

I have tested the different settings on the mic and found that although not perfect, the 3 settings (cardioid, omnidirectional or figure eight pickup patterns) work reasonably well. Using the cardioid setting is particularly useful to me as it help block out much of the hiss generated from my PC fan.

For the price, I think this is as good a mic as you are going to get. I have seen in forums that you would have to spend more to improve on it, but I have also seen that people argue that if you understand how to set up your environment optimally, you may find spending more on a mic to be pointless as the amount of improvement to the sound is not worth the extra. Once I had tweaked all my settings and recorded from the correct distances etc, I had a surprisingly clear recording.

So I would recommend this to others who are just getting into making recordings of whatever nature as a good affordable starting point. I for sure do not feel the need to get anything else and I think that will be the case for a while.

24: Season One DVD Collection [DVD]
24: Season One DVD Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kiefer Sutherland
Price: 14.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping stuff, 12 Nov 2011
If you have not seen this series, you are missing out on some of the most exciting and gripping 24 hours you have ever experienced.

There are a few details in the continuity and realistic actions/values etc. of a few of the characters, such as one of the presidential aides unrealistically stabbing a terrorist which just was completely out of character for this person within such a situation. there are a minimum of such moments that are questionable, but these are easily overlooked once the suspense kicks back in.

Almost every episode will leave you dying to watch the next to find out what happens and you may find that you are very tempted to watch all 24 hours in one sitting.

Highly enjoyable and highly recommended viewing.

Transcend 8GB Class 6 microSDHC Flash Memory Card with Adapter
Transcend 8GB Class 6 microSDHC Flash Memory Card with Adapter
Price: 7.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Was good, 28 Sep 2011
Good card, until it got stolen along with my van :( I was using it in a FM transmitter device. It had more or less all my music copied to it and this plugged into the device. Did a cool job, but oh well. have a new more secure van with a decent system in it now, but I would by the same card if I need another one for anything as it did not give any problems.

Page: 1 | 2