Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer (UK)

The Grind Show
The Grind Show

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced and non-stop, 18 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Grind Show (Kindle Edition)
I was lucky enough to find this free on Kindle. The story is fast paced and the action pretty much non-stop, but that still left time for me to care what happened to the main characters. I was left wanting to know what happens next, why the angels abandoned the world to the demons and just what has he (the main character) become. If demon hunting stories are your thing, this is a good one, and I'm now off to find more Phil Tucker to read. Excellent, I didn't want to put it down.

Demonsouled
Demonsouled

5.0 out of 5 stars Demonsouled - Excellent, 31 Dec 2011
This review is from: Demonsouled (Kindle Edition)
Good story, good pace, well written. I got this free and enjoyed it so much I bought the next two books in the trilogy. Well worth the small price if you have to pay and if it's still available free and you like ths type of book (others have already mentioned David Gemmell) then you can't go wrong.

Nocturnal
Nocturnal

2.0 out of 5 stars Good story but..., 31 Dec 2011
This review is from: Nocturnal (Kindle Edition)
I did not know how to rate this book. I like the story, but I did not like the style of writing. It could have been a fast paced exciting book, however the narrative was slow and filled with statements along the lines of: the vampire turned his head, the sneaky vampire... the master vampire... the monster... etc. All these interjections, stating again and again that he was a vampire, a monster, a master vampire, wily, sneaky just got annoying and for me detracted from the story. We know what he is, he's the main character after all! With snappier writing this could be a very good story, as it is I would still like to know what happens next, but I'm not sure if I can read another.

Blood And Honour (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
Blood And Honour (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Simon R. Green

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book and definitely fun, 17 April 2010
I first read this book in the early 90's and it is still one of the most read books in my library - that's if my father hasn't pinched it to read! Although the outcome is not unpredictable (particularly after having been read many times) the writing always carries me along and once started I find it very difficult to put down. It doesn't take things too seriously (but is not a silly book) and is a really good enjoyable read.

Repo Man [DVD] [2003]
Repo Man [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Harry Dean Stanton

5.0 out of 5 stars A little-known gem, 26 Dec 2009
This review is from: Repo Man [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I first came across this film on Alex Cox's Moviedrome series on TV. I'm certainly glad I did as this quirky film has kept me amused again and again. The addition of the science fiction wierdness to the harshness of the repo man's life gives a very entertaining mix that I have not seen repeated in any other film.

Ghostbusters [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Ghostbusters [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Harold Ramis
Offered by The Trade Inn

3.0 out of 5 stars Firmware update needed on Sony BDP-S300, 26 Dec 2009
Others have commented about the grain on the blu-ray and yes, it is grainy which I imagine could be annoying on a large TV. I do not have a DVD version to compare it to, but it is still far better than the old VHS tape I was replacing. I was surprised however when my player would not play this disc until I updated the firmware. I knew I would have to do this sooner or later but expected it to be on a modern film rather just to give a fancy menu on an old film. So if you can't play this disc, don't panic, check whether you need a firmware update first.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2012 3:00 PM GMT