Profile for John Thomson > Reviews

Content by John Thomson

John Thomson

Pair of Zenith Bar Stools Black - Breakfast Bar Stool Kitchen Bar Stool by La...
Offered by Lavin Lifestyle
Price: 50.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab value, 31 Aug 2012
Bought this as a gamble after seeing these in next & Debenhams for about 60 each. I knew it wouldn't be mega quality as I read the reviews beforehand, this wasn't helped when the parcel arrived with a big bash in 1 corner. I when I opened it, I saw a small tear in the back rest but put them together anyway. They looked great & the wife was happy about the way they looked considering the price. I contacted the sellers, they asked for a photo & sent a new backrest within a week. I fitted it & now the wife is delighted.
If you have been doing the same as me & checking various options for this type of item, then give this a lot of consideration. They may not take a lot of abuse from kids but I don't see any problems in getting them re-covered cheaply by an upholsterer in the future. I am confident the other parts of the seats will last a while.

Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 Macro DG Lens For Pentax Digital & Film SLR Cameras
Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 Macro DG Lens For Pentax Digital & Film SLR Cameras
Price: 98.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 15 Aug 2012
I bought this for my Pentax as I was slightly disappointed witht the zoom on the original lens. I am glad I checked this one over & bought it.
We were at Cornmall on holiday this year & I tried some photos with the standard lens & the Sigma, looking at the same scene. It was almost impossible to tell that the pictures were of the same place as the original lens had some seaside in the view & it was possible to see individual buildings with the Sigma.
I was also able to zoom in on my son at an athletics meet which was superb compared to the original lens.
I am not an expert by any means but I would recommend this to any amateur photographers looking for some great pics.

Panasonic Smart VIERA TX-P42ST30B 42-inch Full HD 1080p 3D 600Hz Internet-Ready Plasma TV with Freeview HD
Offered by Hyper-Fi

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality, 15 Aug 2012
This is one purchase I am glad I made. I was checking out reviews & feedback from people I know then decided on a 3D TV, plasma & Panasonic despite all the other options available.
Within a few hours of switching it on, I could see the difference between that & our 4 year old Sony HD. Colours were great & picture quality was almost sparkling. I watched "The Great Outdoors" on ITV HD & it looked like it was made digitally at times, not on video tape over 20 years ago.
We bought 3D glasses from amazon, the kids loved watching the olympics in 3D although we havent watched a DVD yet, I am looking forward to it though.
All in all, if you are looking for quality, go for Panasonic & shop around. I paid over 200 less than Argos had in their sale.