Profile for D. JAMES > Reviews

Live Aid [DVD] [1985]
Dvd ~ Bob Dylan
Offered by claires_media_store

5.0 out of 5 stars 19 1/2 years is a long time to wait!, 4 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Live Aid [DVD] [1985] (DVD)
For those of you that don't remember, Harvey Goldsmith (the promoter) said, twenty years ago, quite categorically, that the contracts that were signed for the performances did not include any recording rights - just the broadcast rights for July 13th, 1985 and that no portion of the concert could ever be released on video or CD. That someone finally had the ability to get through the red tape and release any of the greatest rock and roll show that anyone has witnessed, and may ever witness, on DVD is a remarkable feat and I, for one, thank you.
Stop writing low star reviews, just because your favourite song isn't on this box set. Just be grateful that 80 per cent of the show is available. And enjoy.
I was at Wembley that day and musically it has to be the greatest day of my life (apart from meeting my wife at a Stiff Little Fingers concert seven years ago!) I have almost the entire show on VHS (six in all) but the picture is getting bad and it's only mono Now I will be able to re-live that day in glorious surround sound and as good a picture as possible. AWESOME!
Whether you remember watching this show at all or if you were too young to remember, you will want to buy this box set. Probably the greatest day in broadcast history when literally every country in the world re-broadcast the show in some form, creating the global jukebox that proved music is the one passion the unites us all.
My only dilemma; buy the UK version or wait another week to get the US version (I now live in California.) As I said 19 1/2 years is a long time to wait!!!