Profile for J. Lamberton > Reviews

Content by J. Lamberton

J. Lamberton "Card Designer" (Scotland)

John Rutter - The Colours of Christmas
John Rutter - The Colours of Christmas
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Colours of Christmas, 13 Jan 2012
Some Christmas CDs' are put in a drawer and forgotten until the following year.

This CD, John Rutter's, "The Colours of Christmas," certainly will not suffer that fate.

When I first played it, I was so overwhelmed by the beauty, that I ordered two more copies for my cousins and then ended up giving my copy to a friend.

Although it is a Christmas CD, it is something I could listen to, at any time of the year.

Kit's Law
Kit's Law
by Donna Morrissey

5.0 out of 5 stars New to Me.......Donna Morissey, 19 Nov 2011
This review is from: Kit's Law (Hardcover)
Donna Morissey is a new writer to me. In, "Kit's Law,"She writes about the lives of a family in Newfoundland and like any other family they have their problems. Morrissey pulls no punches and what you read, emotionally, is what you get.

I lived in Eastern Canada for two years and never made it to Newfoundland but I knew that life there could be tough and at times, I found Morrissey's writing brutally honest but she could also bring me to tears as I felt Kit's pain and the way life treated her and her Mother.

Morrissey was born in Newfoundland; so she knows the life she is writing about.

She is so talented as a writer; the storyline is like the waves of the Atlantic......it lifts you up as it roars up the beach......then the waves draw back, softly dragging the shingle and gently putting you down.

For a first novel it is brilliantly written and I feel quite confident that her second novel, "Downhill Chance," will win a new band of reading fans.

Drawing in Pen and Ink (First Steps)
Drawing in Pen and Ink (First Steps)
by Claudia Nice
Price: 11.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy starter for Pen and Ink...., 4 Sep 2011
Wonderful help in getting you going as a pen and ink artist. I just loved it and it is worth every penny. Great hobby to start up for the winter.

The Penguin Rhyming Dictionary (Dictionary, Penguin)
The Penguin Rhyming Dictionary (Dictionary, Penguin)
by Rosalind Fergusson
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Second hand rhymes, 2 Aug 2011
It was not a new copy and a little yellow looking but that's the gamble you take when purchasing, used books.....Most importantly, it did the job at little cost.

3 Swords - 6 Piece Manicure & Pedicure Case, made of high quality artificial Leather, Grade: Made in Solingen
Offered by Three Swords - !!! LINK TO FEEDBACK !!!
Price: 15.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Pocket size, 2 Aug 2011
The was a gift for my husband and I was looking for a manicuring set which was designed, suitable for a man, which would fit into a pocket, without unsightly bulges.

This did the job

Polished  Brass Finish Table Lamp c/w Cream Shade
Polished Brass Finish Table Lamp c/w Cream Shade
Price: 37.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Damaged goods, 23 July 2011
I ordered two lamps which were perfect for what I wanted. THe first one arrived and when I unpacked the shade it was crumpled and as time was of an essence I put the worst dents at the back.

So I wrote a review on the packing, with photograph, believing that I would get some kind of acknowledgement but no; no one gave a damn.

The next day the second lamp arrived and full of anticipation I unpacked the shade.

The dents were more or less identical; of course because the boxes for the shades were too big, the shades just rattled around in the box. No crushed paper filled in the corners but don't worry, you've been paid......return them? I cannot be bothered to waste my time and I'll go elsewhere to replace them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2012 12:01 AM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Classical Quality, 2 Dec 2008
I have had this diary for three years now and I am amazed at the current price. It is an uni-sex diary, with classical lines and looks the part. It is a great little stocking filler or New Years Present. Thoroughly recommend